Sign in to follow this  
Mohammed

Why are Somalis (espeicaly on this forum) separatist?

Rahima   

xiinfaniin;963080 wrote:
Rahima,

I believe you are from those who chased me twenty one years ago
:D
, (and that is not qabiilist comment).

ps. Seriously , stop calling people qabiilist or at least do your homework and share what exactly do you mean qabiilist.

I already provided you with one indicator- one you are guilty of. There is hope for everyone, reassess all your posts Xiin and tell me that they don't come across as qabiilist.

NGONGE;963081 wrote:
^^ Rahima,

I'm now picturing you with a HUGE nose. If I explain why you may think me mad.

Too late for that :P but please do explain.

Mad_Mullah;963096 wrote:
Rahima, it's more likely that shabab will take over Somalia, link up with Al-Qaeda in Yemen and Iraq/Syria and Afghanistan and create a Caliphate than Somalis uniting for one country.

This is reality. Internet dreams won't do much.

That's because of people like you.

Carafaat;963037 wrote:
Somalidu every 9 years revolution ayee ku dhawaaqan tii hore meesha ka saarta.

1960: independence, democracy.

1969: military rule, dictatorship

1978: birth of SSDF, the first armed rebel group(SNM, SPM, etc followed).

1987: Start of the destruction of Somalia and mass killings of Somalis(started in Hargeysa).

1996: the hight of Warlordism in Somalia.

2005: Start of the Islamic Courts Union. (started in Mogadishu, Al shabaab followed later).

2014: ????? Will 2014 be the year of federalism or the birth or will we see the birth of a unified government all over Somalia?

balse, somalidu waa iska broad and have taken different trajectories, you know. fadlan don't subsume all Somalis under the same category, ma garatay? :cool:

Rahima,

'reassess your posts' is not a bad advise. I am always open for reassessment ---without it, I would not be acknowledging the weak nature of human being.

Are you? If you are look closely at the 'inherited bias' I have referred to.

ps. Obviously despite your protest , I was not wrong on my assumptions.

Rahima   

Xiin,

I regularly reassess myself and despite being many things, one thing i am certain of is that i couldn't give a rats behind about qabiil (certainly not as viewed by Somalis).

As for my supposed inherent bias, I'm still not sure that i follow your logic. Like i said, many of those i share a qabiil with (that I've met) support the current interpretation of Federalism in Somalia, but of course like you and many others in the politics section they only do so when it benefits their qabiil interests. If they object to Federal states other than their own, again as many of you in the politics section do, they are really objecting to what they perceive as the advancement of the 'enemy' qabiil. Same Same. I don't oppose any specific qabiil states, i oppose them all so I'm not sure how you can misconstrue that as a bias?

Anyhow, i limit my participation in the politics section because of these back and forth useless discussions. At this moment in our history, Somalis are sick and many of you in the politics section are adding to our illness. It would be nice if all of you grown men sought some help since you are polluting many young minds who read this forum.

Let me know how you go with your reassessment and if you need help trawling the archives to pull out some qabiilist gems- I'm happy to help after the wedding.

Wadani   

Rahima;963215 wrote:
Xiin,

I regularly reassess myself and despite being many things, one thing i am certain of is that i couldn't give a rats behind about qabiil (certainly not as viewed by Somalis).

As for my supposed inherent bias, I'm still not sure that i follow your logic. Like i said, many of those i share a qabiil with (that I've met) support the current interpretation of Federalism in Somalia, but of course like you and many others in the politics section they only do so when it benefits their qabiil interests. If they object to Federal states other than their own, again as many of you in the politics section do, they are really objecting to what they perceive as the advancement of the 'enemy' qabiil. Same Same. I don't oppose any specific qabiil states, i oppose them all so I'm not sure how you can misconstrue that as a bias?

Anyhow, i limit my participation in the politics section because of these back and forth useless discussions. At this moment in our history, Somalis are sick and many of you in the politics section are adding to our illness. It would be nice if all of you grown men sought some help since you are polluting many young minds who read this forum.

Let me know how you go with your reassessment and if you need help trawling the archives to pull out some qabiilist gems- I'm happy to help after the wedding.

+1000

Rahima is the only honest real honest person on these boards and tells what is wrong all of them are qabiliste but they blame each other to be qabiliste lool.

Noolow Rahima.

Why are Somalis (espeicaly on this forum) separatist?..........They mostly Momma boyz!! Really geeljireh mofos dont give a fing about clan!!

I dont know anybody from my clan!! Most of somalis that i hangout with are all from different clans....and about 60% of them, i dont know their clans.

NGONGE   

Rahima,

If you were waiting for your henna to dry then you must have lost use of both hands. If you lost use of both hands how in the world were you typing all of that? Aha, HUGE nose. :D

Yunis   

It’s obvious, Rahima is by far the most eloquent and no-nonsense girl in all these boards, Oday Xiin likes this and is up to something, I expect this strange courting ritual to continue...

Rahima,

Good post overall-- though I still sense the sensational 'qabiilist' stuff you seem to have become fond of these days.

This is not a useless discussion. SOL is where the best, and the brightest of Somalia's intelligentsia converge, where else would you find NGONGE, Nur, Baashi, Abtigiis, Oodweyne, Val, and my favorite of all sister Serenity, and many others who congregate in all sections. SOL is not however a mosque, people take advantage of the anonymity nature of the forum. Some abuse it and express themselves without reserve, and some use the medium to challenge each other, entertain, and socialize etc.

In my definition, qabiilist (qabali) is by far one of the repugnant character/behavior any Muslim could be inflicted with; it is the idea of hating others because of which qabiil they belong to, it is a bad idea. I blame your age and the obvious emotional state you are in to accuse me with such thing.

To talk about qabiilis, the history of clans, the literature of Somalis, their wars, politics, poems, and cultures and put it in the context of today's political settings is not a matter of qabaliyah. It is the very beauty of being Somali. You should pay attention here for I am not making a distinction without a difference: I would never hate xaaji habaar, or Abwaan or Liqaye, indeed it is my wish to meet them one day, have a coffee with them, perhaps play chess with them, enjoying their company. In the same token, I would continue to strongly object the notion of separatism, and crack jokes about the three Mother clans. Likewise, I would continue teasing Liqaye with Ceel Buur, donkeys and digir with Abwaan. When Abtigiis and I are not on the same side of that day’s argument, I would not hesitate to tease him about Garawo she-camel and the story of his ilk’s attempt to sweeten the Jubba River with the sugar they looted from the British garrison based on Bardheere at the time.

Appreciating the distinction I made, however, requires certain intellectual capacity. No matter what Oodweyne says, and how ugly it may sometimes appear, I never lose sight of the fact that Oodweyne means to only expresses his political conviction (though I may not tell him that). If I were to meet him, I am sure he would be best of hosts for me. So sister, you are wrong in your exaggeration of the effect of posts in political section, wrong in your perception of us as bad people intent to spread mischief, and most important you are wrong to put yourself above the fray while your political passion and strong convictions in support of one side of the argument is obvious.

Still you are great as you are, this exchange will not affect the fact that I hold you in a high regard.

ps. haddaad will dhasho xiinfaniin u bixi

^^lol

That is a legalistic jargon that could hardly be understood by most people . Qabiiliiste waa mid ka marka uu maqlo: tol beelayey, yaa reer hebelahey, tol beelayey, soo baxa oo hiiliya, wuxuu geysan karana geysta dhib iyo dheef. And that is the version which our Islamic teachings harshly critiqued.

^^You are one of the source of Rahima's confusion. Politics is the art of influencing the leadership hence the very livelihood of society. It is not necessarily immoral. The question I was trying to answer or explain was whether engaging in politics and its inherent clan retails is a bad thing.

My answer is no. and I made a distinction to alleviate the obvious confusion. Your assertion that politics in its very nature is amoral, and has no regard to rightness or wrongness is misleading at best. See wax leedahay waryee :D :D

Rahima   

NGONGE;963241 wrote:
Rahima,

If you were waiting for your henna to dry then you must have lost use of both hands. If you lost use of both hands how in the world were you typing all of that? Aha, HUGE nose.

You do realise that Henna can be applied however you wish don't you? I don't apply henna to my finger tips, or on my nails. I don't have it on my palms either, just the top part of the hand and half way to the elbow. So, Mr. NG i expect an apology.....

Xiin,

There is a big difference between playful banter and what you write in the politics section. If you believe that being a qabiilist is a repugnant characteristic to have then why act (write) in ways which would suggest that you are? At times your posts are very hateful and whilst i cannot ever know what is your heart, i can make conclusions about your values. To me qabiilism is not to simply to hate another person based on their qabiil but rather encompasses so many other actions/beliefs, such as to only concern yourself with the interests of your qabiil without giving much thought to how it would impact your brothers and sisters who are not of your qabiil. To me qabiilism is to make remarks which denigrate a persons qabiil. You seem to be making light of it but you regularly do all these and more- not to mention that you're always trying to sweep it off as an intellectual debate which is beyond the capability of an emotional young woman with very few neurons (all insults noted BTW). In saying that though Xiin, don't concern yourself with me- worry for yourself and all the young minds you may potentially pollute/ have polluted. If indeed you don't mean to come across as a qabiilist, let me tell you for the umpteenth time YOU DO. For your own sake wax iska badal- you seem to get worse with each passing moment.

And i do think these discussions are useless- you and i have been going back and forth on the same things with no progress.