Sign in to follow this  
Mohammed

Why are Somalis (espeicaly on this forum) separatist?

Mohammed   

It's just an observation I made reading this forum. So many people would rather their region became a success than for Somalia as a whole to become a success. I'm not including Somaliland in this, but I am talking about pro Puntlanders and Jubbalanders.

Take for example Jubbuland. Why would any sane Somali support the movement in its current state and support the former warlord claiming power? The Somali government says it's unconstitutional and they want to make sure the region is in the right hands. And yet you have people supporting the leaders who are willing to have support from Kenya and Ethiopia. How is that a good thing? For Ethiopia and Kenya, it's wonderful because Somalia becomes even more separate and less united and you have people on here blindly agreeing.

Then you have those supporting Faroole? A man hell bent on making sure the Somali government fails with his actions and talks. Why would anyone back him?

Surely it makes sense to back the government? Rather than trying to kick it down?

What good could come away from a region separating itself? It can't ever be successful and what little success financially it will have, it will be limiting.

Furthermore, rather than supporting the government. You have people making stuff up and mocking the government and essentially hoping that it fails.

I won't name names, but it's obvious who I'm talking about. These Separatists really do annoy me and they have no plans in wanting Somalia to be united and strong again. One of the few people whose post I like and who I think comes across as someone who clearly is in favour of a united Somalia is Chimera.

Mohammed;962844 wrote:
One of the few people whose post I like and who I think comes across as someone who clearly is in favour of a united Somalia is Chimera.

welcome back and soo dhowoow Adamsooow, inaar. so much for leaving SOL, ma istidhi? :P

uchi   

You should stay away from the politics section, until you have a better grasp of the realities on the ground.

somalee   

uchi;962848 wrote:
You should stay away from the politics section, until you have a better grasp of the realities on the ground.

I think there should be a ''like'' icon.

lol, only now I understand the suffering of the Somaliland brothers.

Reality brother, live in it. Nobody is going to be part of HAGomalia. Somalia won't be united as long as Muqdisho stays a bastion of HAG thugs who are living of Turkish life support.

Jubbaland should've been created a long time ago, all the new schools/hospitals that are being *donated* are all built in Xamar and HAG territory. YOu want us to wait until HAG completely takes over every institution of the country and then complain when we do not profess our loyalty.

This thread is a joke, research before you talk about unity and all other non sense.

We're not separatists. We're federalists. Somalia can only go forward as a decentralized nation at this stage and it provides the greatest security from any future instability in the federal government.

It's just the HAG trying to consolidate their spheres of corruption after realizing that inheriting Mogadishu isn't proving to be as lucrative as they once thought. There's really no reason for Mogadishu to be the center of Somalia anymore, it has no valuable natural harbor as in the case of Kismayo and offers little in infrastructure that can't be achieved in a few years by any of the other major cities in Somalia.

Rahima   

Mohammed- Now more than ever I'm certain that a unified Somalia is officially dead. I used to believe that it was 'old' people that destroyed Somalia and that our hope was with the 'young' and educated but it has become clear that they are far worse. I guess a university degree does not vaccinate you against ignorance and *********.

I was pro-Somali unity, I got very happy when many Somalis from Islii and South Africa decided to go back to Xamar, but then, slowly I noticed they all had the same accents and were from the same click.

I'm glad they are rebuilding Xamar, just like I'm glad they're making progress in Hargeisa but that's where it ends.

nuune   

^^ lool Rahima, you nailed it well, dhibka hada jira waaba dhallinyaradii, aawey kuwaan wax ka sheegi jirney oon dhihi jirney wadankii bey kharribeen, aawey moorgan, beebe, qanyare, suudi, hiraale, jees, finnish, aidid junior, gabyow, shaatigaduud and many more, none of them now run any political and they all died or alive kicking in nairobi and xamar, so weyba retire-garoobeen, yaa wax qasayo hada with qabyaalad qubaneyso, waa dhallinyarada, SOL ayaana tusaale kuu ah, degree baan heestaa iyo masters waxey ku sii kordhisey faleenbo qabyaalad ka buuxdo in lagu mudo amaba iskaga dhaganaato.

Rahima   

Mad_Mullah;962877 wrote:
I was pro-Somali unity, I got very happy when many Somalis from Islii and South Africa decided to go back to Xamar, but then, slowly I noticed they all had the same accents and were from the same click.

It has nothing to do with that. Folks should just be honest and upfront about their motivations. That's the difference between SL and people like you. At least they don't pretend- what you see is what you get. I actually prefer that than a housemate who is continuously wishing your destruction and working actively against you. That housemate should move out i say then waxaa isku soo haraya those who want to make it work.

Rahima   

nuune;962879 wrote:
^^ lool Rahima, you nailed it well, dhibka hada jira waaba dhallinyaradii, aawey kuwaan wax ka sheegi jirney oon dhihi jirney wadankii bey kharribeen, aawey moorgan, beebe, qanyare, suudi, hiraale, jees, finnish, aidid junior, gabyow, shaatigaduud and many more, none of them now run any political and they all died or alive kicking in nairobi and xamar, so weyba retire-garoobeen, yaa wax qasayo hada with qabyaalad qubaneyso, waa dhallinyarada, SOL ayaana tusaale kuu ah, degree baan heestaa iyo masters waxey ku sii kordhisey faleenbo qabyaalad ka buuxdo in lagu mudo amaba iskaga dhaganaato.

Very true- SOL is full of them.

I wouldn't use the headline you seem to like in this thread, the work Separtism is in a sense a big one, the word itself is defined as follows "practice of a certain group of people from a larger body on the basis of "Ethnicity"Religion" or "Gender". that is not what is going on but infact some regions just want to stay aloof and see if they can rebuild what is left their life. I am 100% for the seperation of the massess for their safety, no matter what. Respect need to come back, living side by side need to come back, trust need to come back before we can rush to come together and act like nothing happened for the past 23yrs,dig it? i was one of the few who never knew what tribe was my best friends, never but recently i am more aware of who i am associating to and control what i have to share, most of the time if that person is not someone i can relate to then no need to brolong the conversation. Peace Out and don't force me to Like you ,cz that ain't happening in my neck of the wood. some of you like "faroole" or Silanyo or Culusow that is fine i have no quarrell with it, so be who you are and don't pretend. Love your relegeion,and your folks.

Somalia   

This new age qabilism led by the youth is quite concerning to me as an old man, I knew Xamar when it was peaceful.

salam