Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

The Premiership 2009/2010

NGONGE   

^^ It weas more or less the same squad, saaxib. Alonso was replced with Aquilani. Johnson replaced Arbeloa. I would still wager that this same group of players could have challanged for the title and the CL. It was just a freak season really.

Chelsea may win the double yet nobody could really say they had a great season. As for United, they have been crap.

P.S.

Rafa wants five new players or he's off to Juve. I think he'll get his wish. Watch this space.

P.P.S

Don't listen to the Arsenal fan above you. :D

N.O.R.F   

Aqui is no Alonso and Johnson is no Arbeloa (I would have the Spaniard in the team).

It wasn't a freak season saxib. It wasn't down to injuries. It wasn't down to confidence. We just played crap because the man pulling the strings isn't there. The ball just kept coming back. It would be good to see our possession average this season compared to last.

Watch Arsenal without Fabregas AND Nasri. They're crap. Watch Utd without Rooney, Nani and Valencia they're crap.

Banooniga baro ninyow :D

NGONGE   

^^ Like I said, you're an Arsenal fan and you don't view those games with fairness. Alonso is a great player but his absence is exaggerated. The point I made to Oz stands.

BOB   

OZ

The Arsenal problem is far more complicated than meets the eye and it’s sad that the board and the manager chose not to be honest with the fans by making contradicting comment after another through out the last 5 seasons that the team failed to win any trophy.

Arsenal went from Invisible to the clowns we see today in less than 3 years while our rivals were busy reinforcing their armory Arsene was busy dismantling his battle proven warriors.

You can’t expect to win trophies with kids who have far less quality both physically and mentally than your previous team, Arsene made a huge mistake by allowing several players leave too early especially the likes of Pires, Vieira and Campbell without having ready replacement. I can’t believe some English journalists claimed Vieira was replaced by Cesc.

Vieira is still million times better than Denilson and Diaby when it comes to protecting the back four who’ve become prone to counter attacks ever since he and Gilberto left the club because Denilson and Diaby are not defensive midfielders and Song lacks the discipline and the tactical know-how to become a great defensive midfielder hence him getting booked so frequently because he’s always out of position and thus makes a rush challenge and gives away silly freekics.

I always knew (Even though I never said it on this forum) that Arsenal would never win anything as long as they have Almunia as the first choice goalie and so many unproven kids with no experience.

As much as I love Robin, every man and his dog know that he wont last a whole season without being injured for a long period of time, that’s how unlucky he’s been with injuries ever since he’s got here yet Arsene deliberately ignores this because he has no money to buy but instead chooses to feed us with tons of nonsense. :mad:

Arsene is born to lead Arsenal and I hope to see him stay as long as he wants because I love his vision and I fully agree with his philosophy but in order for his vision to fully materialize we need to get rid of this stingy board members who refuse to invest into the club that helps fatten their already enormous wallets because Arsene is a winner and he knows his legacy will be in tatters if he keeps on failing to deliver which is ultimately what every professional sportsman wants.

Give me Hugo Lloris, Mahamadou Diarra, Simon Kjaer, Luis Suarez and I guarantee you Arsenal will win the premier league. :D

PS. I can’t see Almunia, Eduardo, Silvestre and maybe Gallas and Arshavin staying. I’m sorry for Eduardo, I really am but sadly he’s finished at least in England, he should go to France or even back to Brazil where he wont have defenders aiming to break his ankles.

^^^and that my friend is me reporting LIVE from Bulomaskin, Garissa, North Eastern Province. Kenya. ;)

Peace, Love & Unity.

Oz   

Bob Great pointers there, You've fielded a team of kids and have done relatively well as fustrating as it is. Last season's collaspe was infinitely worse.

Who actually looked at your squad at the start of the season and thought; title winners?

Ngonge I think norf has some pointers, The problem, as i see it, is that Liverpool are not a bad team overall, but that they have just lost a bit of direction & focus. This is most evident with Stevie G, who at times this season has looked lost & out of touch. Lets hope he gets back for the world cup?

But what do you think? What solution do you have/propose?

NGONGE   

^^ Gerard and Torres were injured for large parts fo the season, saaxib. Arsenal would have challanged the top two if they didn't suffer from all those injuries. It's been a freak season, saaxib.

BOB   

Whenever the going gets tough we tend to collapse, we can't handle the slightest pressure as we allow our nerves get the better of us as we do not have the experience to deal with it.

Do you honestly think Liverpool, Utd and Chelsea would've lost to Wigan after going 2-0 up? NEVER in a million years.

That match we ONLY needed some one to slow the game down and spread the play and let Wigan chase, surely if you can't do that against Wigan of all teams then you do not deserve to win anything.

Arsene yesterday blamed the Blackburn's bullying tactics, what did he expect from Fat Sam? Fabianski should've shoved Samba away from his goal line and the defenders should've done more to protect their goalie knowing how fragile he's, if Blackburn and Fat Sam of all people can spot your weakness and exploit it then it says a lot about Arsenal players.

The sad story of Arsenal for the last 5 years has been this, if you're playing home against Arsenal (it does not matter if you're Burnley or Blackburn) show more hunger and determination than them, do not give them time on the ball, put few wild tackles in especially in the first 10-15 minutes before the referee remembers he has cards in his pocket just to intimidate them and Wala...you're guaranteed at least a point! :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Tuujiye   

guys I don't think this year was like any other years in the past.. war teamamkii qashinka ahaa wax tumay sanadkaan.. every team came to play this year even burnly oo tumtay Man U lool it was a crazy year...

Liverpool needs to get rid of rafa because the players don't want to play for him anymore....

Arsenal should get a goalkeeper because almunia waa qashiin iyo "bardh"...

Man U will loose few players my Rooney too and we will see how they come back next year...

Chelsea looks good lool sorry guys.. we have the younger guys playing for us now and they are keeping us in this run.. we also have few more young players coming up...

A&T saaxiib Wigan won the last game between us and them and I don't look at papers saaxiib, as a player who know how it feels to be on that field, I always look at the match-ups... Chelsea is the better team in paper but chelsea gave away 3 goals to caruurtaan saaxiib which tells you, Wigan is not an easy team... as for Liverpool, we always beat you guys whats new? we know your game like the back of our hands..war xitaa uunsigooda nooca uu yahay aan sheegi karnaa...

laakiin Chelsea will come to play at their best with caruurtaan..waana maqaar siibeenaa waa ogtahay nooh!!

I hope Arsenal Fans and Liverpool fans will be on the sidelines ayagoo anaga noo alalaasayaan lool runtee ma ahoo OZ!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

BOB   

Chelsea intii loo alalaasaayo maa Inter Milan loo alalaaso because they're going to win the treple while Chelsea will finish the season empty handed...oh yeah Utd and Portsmouth will give you the ultimate nightmare...Enjoy the show Tuujiyoow. ;)

Peace, Love & Unity.

Oz   

Bob

Your problems is not merely the lack of quality in the back line or the keeper but rather arsenal do not know how to defend as a unit. Inter showed the world how to defend as a team even when they were a man short,as Jose said they did not want the ball and kept on giving it back to them prefering to remain in their position and closing down all the gaps.

It is not something new because teams like ManU,Chelsea have employed the same tactics against arsenal sucessfully and I can remember them doing the same during the early days.

My point is until and unless arsenal learnt to defend as a team,it does not matter who they have between the post or among the back 4, they will leak goals. The solution is not simply to add or replace the players but in addition they need to employ a defensive coach and go back to basic as far as defending is concerned.

The fact is you do not need to have a Nesta,Terry or a Buffon between the stick to keep clean sheets,the fact that your famous 4 consist of players signed from the lower division is proof. the key to their sucess.........Hours and Hours of being drilled to work and defend as a unit.

As for Rovers tactics,it was simple,effective but at the same time ugly i.e send high balls into the box,crowd the keeper with players like Samba and Roberts with the simple aim of preventing him from reaching the ball and hope for the best. :D

If Spurs win their next game they will be only 2 pts behind Arsenal, and if they played in the same manner that they did on Sunday there is a chance that they could take 3rd place if you lose your final game.

Tuujiye that's more like it. :D

Oz   

Spurs vs Citeh, should be a beauty.

This game is going to be massive. If City get an early goal it could be a classic but I think nerves may play a part and it could be tight and tense. I reckon it will be a draw, meaning Spurs can finish the job by beating Burnley on Sunday. But I'd like to see Spurs winning this one for once...

Come on you yids!

Tuujiye   

I wan City to win because I called for them in fourth this year lool.... laakiin I think this game will be a draw.... I don't like spurs loool....

Bob, adiga maxaa u diidee in aad noo alalaastaan? same xaafad aan nahay too not even a different city lool.... funaanad buluug eh hadaa rabtid maanta aan kuu xawilaa nooh!!! Arsenal waqtigooda waa u dhamaatay saaxiib.....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

BOB   

Tuujiyoow today I've received Bafana Bafana jerseys both the home and away ones with their tracksuits sent to me by my homeboy Fu-Fu all the way from Mzansi and that's ALL I will be wearing...so I don't even want to touch anything blue never mind wear it. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Oz   

Ledley King! Best English CB in the league. By a mile. if he had two good knee's, he would be the best (its only his fitness record that stops him from taking this crown)

Well done spurs, more than deserved.

N.O.R.F   

He had a fantastic game. He and Dawson won places in the England squad last night. we all laughed at Tuujiye when he said King was the best. He could be right if the guy didn't have dodgy knees.

Well done Spurs.