Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

The Premiership 2009/2010

Ngonge.

It is not that I do not have what is best for Arsenal at heart and let me say this I am one of the biggest Arsene brigade “In Arsene We Trust” but to me against the Scums he was too lenient with the team.

First,

You raised a good point. This team was a third rate team but sometimes the championship rests in the hands of 3rd rate teams. I expect Diaby to run the show and bring more tackles as he did in the past games. I expected everyone to play as if their life depended on it and that is what was lacking. It was shocking – If you watched the replays of the game (which you won’t) you will see Arsenal players walking back while the Spurs were all running like 100 meter sprinters. That is what pissed me off and on top of that I saw Arsene sitting on his seat watching the game with disbelief WTF? He reminds me of ‘arry when we beat them at the Emirates. He had this sunken facial expression. It was bizarre!

I know if we had our first team players the result would have been totally different but that is not the point. We lost a chance at the title, lost it to the scums and it was due to our lack of urgency and desire. Terrible sxb. They did not beat us because they were the better team and they beat us because of their desire to run, hassle and run. Simple!

Now Vermalean is out for the rest of the Season. Do you know how many of the first team are out? I think Arsenal should overhaul the medical team. Sack almost everyone and get a whole new team.

Cheers

I like Rafa and I would rather see Liverpool win the EPL than ManU or Chelsea. Surely Rafa's time @ Anfield should end - the sooner the better for everyone.

I want to see liverpool challenging Arsenal for the title next year. I am sure you know the title is ours nexy year! :D

Cheers

NGONGE   

^^ He's going nowhere. Contract to 2014 and the current owners are planning to sell anyway. Juve know a good manager when they see one.

P.S.

Arsene? It'll take ten years before he grows[b/] us a team warya. :D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ He's going nowhere. Contract to 2014 and the current owners are planning to sell anyway. Juve know a good manager when they see one.

P.S.

Arsene? It'll take ten years before he
grows[b/] us a team warya.
:D

Dude, Rafa is almost gone but they want to sell the club first :D

BOB   

Abou Diaby has got all the attributes to be a top class midfielder, strong, skilful and agile but he'll never reach his potential until he improves on two things.

A-Timing. He needs to learn when to release the ball, there are times when he holds on to the ball a few seconds longer than he should which suggest to me that he doesn't have any confidence in his passing ability hence him falling 'sleep' over the ball.

B-Risks. He should take more risks, ( I loved that chip to Van Persie) he always chooses the easy option, the square pass which does not harm any team, against Barca he had the opportunity to play Theo through but instead chose the safer option Bendner who eventually lost it and thus killed off any chance of countering Barca and against Spurs he had the same option but this time it was two players Theo and Bendner and AGAIN he chose a the safer option, a retarded back heel to Nasri.

Nasri is another player who needs to learn the word CONSISTENCY, against Spurs he did not create one single chance for either a team mate or for himself, I know he has it in his locker and has the talent to turn any game on its head once he breaks the mental shackles which I believe is his biggest problem.

I know it sounds sad but I think we've seen the end of Eduardo, I do not believe one bit that he will manage to over come the mental scar of his horrific injury and that is the heartbreaking part of his case.

Arsene Wenger will be in a serious trouble with the fans if he doesn't bring in the reinforcement that the team desperately needs especially a goalie and a striker who can put away half the chances that Bendner fluffs, miskicks, misdirects and most of all MISSES and I will be a happy man the day I see the back of that clown Almunia and don’t even get me started with Silvestre.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Oz   

If we had RVP, If we had Gallas, don't make excuses for Arsenal not winning the title because of Injuries.

Have a look at Chelsea's injury list mate. We have had Essien out all year (could you imagine what your team would have been like without Song for the majority of the year!). We have also had other long term injuries to Boswinga, A.Cole, Calvalho etc. It could be argued that Chelsea have had just as many injuries than Arsenal. Still we sit on top of the PL table and will most likely win the FA Cup.

Arsenal has lost the PL title because of lapses in concentration once again, and not having the squad depth. This has plagued your campaigns for years. I am not disagreeing that injuries have not played their part - but show me a club that has not suffered injury. Man U. Ferdinand, Vidic (at one point during the season they had Carrick and Fletcher playing CB), Rooney (at a crucial part of the season), Owen, Giggs broke his arm. Everyone suffers injuries, There is no way that you could say Arsenal not winning the PL title down to injuries. It is an absolute Rubbish.

The good thing is Arsene realising something has to be done to the depth of the squad.

^^^ Sxb Chelsea didn't have as much injuries as Arsenal. ManU had their problems early in the season which is better than losing all your top players during the run ins.

However I agree lapses of concentration during big matches has been an issue. If we had at least two drws out of the four games with ManU and Chelsea, we would have been at bar with them. So our issues is not anything other than performing in big games. They has let us down specially in defence and goalkeeping area.

Arsene already is planning for reinforcement in those areas and Chamakh will boost the striker dept.

Next year we will own the PL.

Cheers

N.O.R.F   

Abou Diaby has got all the attributes to be a top class midfielder, strong, skilful and agile but he'll never reach his potential until he improves on two things.

A-Timing. He needs to learn when to release the ball, there are times when he holds on to the ball a few seconds longer than he should which suggest to me that he doesn't have any confidence in his passing ability hence him falling 'sleep' over the ball.

B-Risks. He should take more risks, ( I loved that chip to Van Persie) he always chooses the easy option, the square pass which does not harm any team, against Barca he had the opportunity to play Theo through but instead chose the safer option Bendner who eventually lost it and thus killed off any chance of countering Barca and against Spurs he had the same option but this time it was two players Theo and Bendner and AGAIN he chose a the safer option, a retarded back heel to Nasri.

Now that is an analysis from someone who has played the game (maybe you still do). Saxib, rag baa waxan aad qortey aan fahmeynin. In other words they go by the hype.

Abu Diaby has so much potential its unthinkable what he could be in 5 years if he was to work at his weaknesses.

City vs Utd is brewing nicely. Second half should be a cracker.

Polanyi   

wow! what a shock! bale and dawson have to be two of most improved players this season. especially dawson, good to see classic wing play back.

N.O.R.F   

Haven't seen Chelkov get an 'ammering like that since before the Gullit days.

Arsenal are back in it.

Ps Bale had a great game. Dawson isn't World Cup material. Terry has had it. Drogba is a baby. Ferraira is aweful.

Abtigiis   

Wakaa hada gullible Norf'na! :D

A set back to Chelsea but they will win it. They have two easy games at home and Liverpool away. They need at least a point from Liverpool game, if Manchester wins all three games including aganist Tottenham.

But it is good for Gunners at least psychologically.

Ngonge's fixture thing comes to mind when you see Tottenham's results against Chelsea and Arsenal. If Tottenham can get 4 points from Burnely and Bolton, Ngonge's Liverpool are out of the fourth place. I think Liverpool will end seventh. The key is their slip ups not others winning. I expect them to slip again on Monday against Zola's men.

Liverpool must field an experimental team against chelsea to stay at the same number of league cups as Man United.