Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

The Premiership 2009/2010

Oz   

^^heh... when it comes to "let us wait and pray" I see the defeated lot reaching out to almighty for help.

I'm still not getting carried away just yet. It can still blow up in our face.

I'm delighted to have got through that yesterday and it does put us in a strong position.....but still.....we have still 2 very hard games to play over the next few weeks. Spurs will be no pushover as they're fighting for 4th spot and Liverpool (the game before last) will be fighting to get a UEFA spot.

Oz   

Redknapp warns Campbell over boo boys

Redknapp accepts that Campbell will always receive a cold reception from Tottenham's loyal following but hopes the insults do not get too strong.

"It has been a long-running saga but they (Spurs fans) have got the hump with him here and they are not going to forgive him,'' Redknapp said. "I am sure he will get some grief. It is no good me sitting here and saying that he won't. They pay their money and they are going to do what they want to do, aren't they? I just hope they don't do anything silly or shout anything silly.

"Sure, if they want to jeer him or whatever, that is fine. But we saw trouble before at Portsmouth with people making remarks that aren't right. You do not want that. But when he plays, he gets on with it doesn't he? He will get on with the game. He has been through it all before and he is experienced enough now.''

Redknapp was surprised to see Campbell sign for Arsenal for a second time. The former England defender left the Gunners in July 2006 and his future was uncertain before he was signed by Portsmouth, at the time managed by Redknapp, in August of that year.

"I could never see him going back to Arsenal in a million years,'' Redknapp said. "I never thought he would want to go anywhere near Arsenal again. When I took him, he wanted out and they (Arsenal) wanted him out as well. He walked away from a fortune at Arsenal. His contract there was incredible. He just went, 'No, I don't want to play there any more'.

"I took him to Portsmouth but it cost him millions and millions. The money he was getting at Portsmouth compared to what he was getting at Arsenal, he was losing about £3 million a year.''

Redknapp remains an admirer of Campbell, who had a short, fateful spell at Notts County at the start of this season before joining Arsenal in January.

"He's just a natural,'' Redknapp said. "He has pace - when he gets in his stride he's still quick - he's a powerful runner, great in the air. He's got it all really.

"It's a great lift for him to get the chance to go back to Arsenal. If he'd stayed at Notts County, that was the end of him. Now suddenly he's involved in the team that was playing Champions League and trying to win the championship. But I never thought Arsenal would take him back.''

:D

juda-275.jpg

Hill-Wood's Arsenal side come up against Tottenham in the Premier League and former Spurs captain Sol Campbell will start for the Gunners. Campbell is sure to get a rough ride from the fans who labelled him ''Judas'' when he left on a free in 2000, but Hill-Wood is sad that this has become the norm.

How long has A.Cole received boos from gunners fans? cry me a river..... :D

Oz   

Breaking news: Wenger feels Van Persie could have matched Messi :D:D

If only bendtner scored 100 goals this seasons he will be better than Messi and Rooney,if only denilson had 30 assists he would be better than Xavi, If... If... If...Well,too bad Mr arsene its only "IF....." cause the truth is Van Persie is injury prone.

nuune   

Wenger hadalkiisa lama dhageesto, wuxuu rabuu iska sheegaa, waa ninka yiri "Eduardo" waa Pele oo kale :D

NGONGE   

Spurs don't have Placios for the Arsenal and Chelsea games. They are going to lose both and might not recover.

Abtigiis   

The fact that Spurs do not have Palaciois scares me. He is the guy I rely on to concede free-kicks and penalties.

Once again, Ngonge shows the kind of footballers he admires. Waa Abu-xooga wuxuu ka helaa. Like Lucas and Mascherano and Palacios oo kale!

NGONGE   

^^ Nothing to do with me liking him. It is to do with the way Spurs play, saaxib. They rely on him to break the play and win the ball back for their creative players. Without him, both Arsenal and Chelsea will walk all over Spurs.

War kubbada barta dee. :D

NGONGE   

^^ Because that is how football always worked, saaxib. You have the skilled players and you have the hard hitting no nonsense players. When you just focus on one group and ignore the other, I start to wonder if you know anything about football dee. :D

Lucas and Palacios are not the first. There was Battey, Souness, Macmahon, Robson, Makalele (sp?) and many many others through the years.

Well. Tonight we showed we do not have the hunger and determination needed to win it. second position is the target now.

I can not believe Wenger did not yell at those players. what a waste? lack of urgency is the reason we lossed tonight... one more thing, I think Silvestre is a Mole sent by Fergie. what a crap player! and Arsene thought having him as back up will win him the title. far out!

now i feel better

Oz, you still in town?

Abtigiis   

Ngonge, did you see how having constructive midfielders helps a team's fluidity. Palacio waa waxa qasayey Tottenham.

How can a team play with the same pace and style for 90 minutes when it is clear they are not going anywhere with it? How can a coach fail to alter his players strategy when it so clear what they had in mind is not going to work? Arsene Wenger is good in detecting talent, but is a very bad coach when it comes to tactics.

And I still don't know why Eboue is paid money at all. Waa in mushaharka bishan laga jaraa. Rosicky is useless as well. Kan madaxa dhuuban ee la yidhaa Silvestre waa siduu LoZ sheegay. Waa la soo diray. And of course, ONLF needs to buy a goalkeeper. Almunia kubad yar iska daaye buste weyn hadii lagu soo laado wuu dhaafayaa!!

NGONGE   

There you go showing yourself up again, A&T. LOZ & Norf are no better. :D

First lets deal with Norf and Bendtner. He's implying that Bendtner does not score enough goals but does he know how many goals the man scored in the last ten games? :D (send me a postcard with the correct answer please).

Next, it's LOZ. He is talking utter nonsense of course. Last night, Arsenal played with what amounts to thier third team. Their two main defenders were out, their midfield was missing Fab & Song and their attack did not have Arshavin. It is not one or two good players missing, it was as many as EIGHT. Yet, once Van P came on, the team had more focus and was more direct in its attacks. Spurs on the other hand played with almost their full set of first teamers (and they still had to hang on for dear life in the last twenty minutes of the game). So much for being an Arsenal fan, LOZ. :D

A&T, did you watch the game? If you did, how in the world could you miss the hulking figure of Tom Huddlestone doing all the breaking up and tough man act? Are you really trying to argue that Spurs played an all flowing, attacking game? War they were as effiecnet as a regular Liverpool and had eleven men behind the ball at all times. In fact, other than their two goals you can hardly point out that many attacks that they had.

Kubbada barta ya naas. :D

Oz   

^^ hihihi.... Prayers were not answered this time around.

I can't believe I witnessed that incredible volley. Take a bow Rose, on his premier league debut he steps up against biggest rivals and scores that obscene belter from 30 yards out.

. YOUR SEASONS OVER A LA LA LA LA YOUR SEASONS OVER TRUST ME WHEN I SAYYY........ YOUR SEASONS OVER A LA LA LA LA YOUR SEASONS OVER A LA LA LA LA YOUR SEASONS OVER TRUST ME WHEN I SAY...

Loz; I will be back in two weeks IA.