Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

The Premiership 2009/2010

^^^LooooL no sxb, we have Aussie presenters.

I read his columns on the pundits blog. Gunner hater number one waaye...ok he is number two and Stan Collymore is number one.

Cheers

N.O.R.F   

LooL

There are too many 'pundits' around these days. Everyone has a job when they retire it seems. Al Jazeera got it wrong with the CL and will probably get it wrong for the WC. They have Gullit and Stevie Mac but I don't want to hear Graham Souness and Trevor Francis. Terrible. Hope they get more recent retirees.

NGONGE   

^^ Stan Collymore is actually good. Alan Hansen is more correct than not. Plus, he hates United more than Arsenal. :D

Oz   

Abramovich and the managerial team at Chelsea have to act and they have to act fast.Fresh legs are needed in the summer, In the first half of the season, Chelsea looked like they had answered all the doubts about the ageing team, funnily enough though from late January onwards, the doubts which began to set in at the same time last year (when Chelsea drew at home to Hull and were then pasted by United in the next game) have returned regarding the average age of our squad.

The LAST thing i would do is offer Ballack a new deal, :D even on half the wages, Chelsea need a younger player or 2 now in midfield, mainly to rest and rotate Lampard, if he keeps playing every game from now till 18 months time in the future, he will be knackered and finished in 18 months, he needs younger legs in the midfield to help him through this phase of his career, look at Scholes at United, rested and used sensibly by Ferguson, Lampard might have talent but asking a 32 year old next season to play potentially 65 games a season is a lot, someone similar and younger to Lampard, Hamsik from Napoli perhaps?? is needed to rest and rotate his workload.

Chelsea have to act fast and do it now, if they wait too long, they will get to a situation where all the players leave the club and retire all at once :D , the nightmare scenario at any club. The rebuilding phase will have to be done piece by piece. say 2 or 3 players a season over the next 3 years. I understand the rebuilding wont come cheap and Abramovich will have to dig into his pockets quite a bit.

I agree the title race is not in our hands, thou I'd hate to admit that ManYoo could Grrrr .

^^^LoooL the entire Arsenal team costed not more than Zhirkov and Bosingwa. he he he

Sxb Chelsea has few young players like Kalou, Kakuta and few others. they need to give them more games. The problem is not only getting Lampard's replacement but also strikers and wingers. Other than that you are spot on.

Oz   

I just don't know what's happened to Liverpool's ball control, I think they've been taking lessons from Kuyt, neither Gerrard or Torres could trap a dead mouse. Gerrard was woeful and Torres was atrocious after around the 20 minute mark. That ManYoo team were there for the taking, as bad as Liverpool were, there was still some glorious chances missed to equalise. There was nothing doing off the bench, Rafa was powerless to change the course of the match. He was tactically outwitted by a tactical incompetent like Ferguson, :D Forget the ref or the Thursdays game, it can all be summed up by one phrase, 'Not good enough'.

I think it's bye bye 4th position after that unfortunately.

howard_webb1.jpg

Well done howard Webb. LOL

Oz   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

The problem is not only getting Lampard's replacement but also strikers and wingers. Other than that you are spot on.

I didn't say replace him, get a younger midfielder to help out with the running and also rest him at times.

Oz   

Arsenal's 7 remaining fixtures;

Birmingham (a)

Wolves (h)

Tottenham (a)

Wigan (a)

Man City (h)

Blackburn Rovers (a)

Fulham (h)

Is this an easy RUN?

Quote Me on this at the end of the season mate...Arsenal 3rd.. :D

Compare that to the run of Chelsea and Man Utd, i think Arsenal's fixture list is much easier.

UNITED

Bolton (A)

Chealski (H)

BlackBurn (A)

M.City (A)

Tottenham (H)

Sunderland (A)

Stoke (H)

CHELSKI

Portsmouth (A)

Villa ( H )

United (A)

Bolton ( H)

Tottenham (A)

Stoke ( H )

Liverpool ( A )

Wigan ( H )

Based on these fixtures Arsenal have as much chance of winning the title as anyone.

My prediction

United 1st ( 86 points )

Arsenal 2nd (83)

Chelseea 3rd (81)

Tuujiye   

^^^ guys walaahi waa la isku dhagan yahay..saan caadi ma aha loool.....

OZ Chelsea should Malouda on the top Diomond if they still going to play that formation...Lampard perfomce well on the left.. We need someone up their... we should also get some fresh young legs and for next year......Napoli will never give away that kid Hamsic...That kid played well against Ac Milan on saturday...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Oz   

Resistance if you go back on page 46 you'd have come across the fixtures I printed of chelsea vs manyoo...so this one was for Arsenal. :D

All the top three teams have difficult fixtures.

Oz   

^^Deal :D ....Also Appeal dismissed for Vermaelen

Birmingham have the sort of game that can cause you'z all sorts of problems and at home they’ve taken a point off United and us. Benitez & Jerome will be the players most likely to cause you some discomfort as they play well together with the latter hitting a rich vein of form. Unfortunately Silvestre and Sol :D will be the probable pairing at CB on the weekend. One suspects that Sol will be rested for the Barcelona game. I can't see Campbell stopping messi,xavi,toure,inesta from scoring. :D

PS: Arshavin said: "I am still of the opinion that to win trophies Arsenal needs more players. :D

Oz   

Today's fixtures:

Mar 24 19:45 UK Manchester City v Everton City of Manchester Stadium

Mar 24 19:45 UK Aston Villa v Sunderland Villa Park

Mar 24 19:45 UK Portsmouth v Chelsea Fratton Park

Mar 24 20:00 UK Blackburn Rovers v Birmingham Ewood Park