Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

The Premiership 2009/2010

Wigad   

Wow did you guys watch Man United vs Everton if Everton keeps running over the big boys like they are and beat the small teams they can probably make it to the top 4, but then again they just might be too late.

Oz   

Well done by Drogba, he really wants the golden boot and the EPL title this year, and both are within his sights!

4 points clear! one game at a time.

blue waffleblue waffle icon_razz.gif

N.O.R.F   

^Good position to be in but I think Arsenal fans will be quietly confident. Man Utd and Chelsea both play each other and they both have to play Liverpool. Arsenal are what 5 points off the top?

Oz   

nOrf,If you looked at Chelsea on Sunday, our defense was so well protected, we didn't really have a lot of problems to deal with. Mikel, Lampard, Ballack and even Malouda (who got stuck in) covered the space and protected the defense.

Whereas, the Arsenal midfield are really reluctant to defend. They all bomb forward at any given point without consideration to a potential counter attack, and when the afforementioned counter attack actually happens, their defense are left terribly exposed that they really don't know what to do, who to pick up and where to go. Case in point, Rooneys goal (Denilson inability to track his run confused our GOONS defenders who to pick up), Park's goal (everyone bombing forward and losing the ball) leaving Clichy exposed. Drogba's goal (everyone bombing forward again), exposing the defense to Chelsea attackers and midfield runners.

I think the confusion caused in defense is because the midfield are not doing enough to help out. I also know Clichy isn't playing well at the moment, so why is no one willing to bust a gut to help his mate out. They still, after knowing his form has dipped, leave him exposed to a 2 on 1.

To sum this up, Arsenal defense needs a lot more protection from the midfield. If Gunner's footballing philosophy stays the same with all these ball playing midfielders with attacking minds,they will never win the premiership and always fall short (no pun intended).

With this philosophy they will find it hard to beat lesser teams, and will also find it harder against United and Chelsea. 4 games against these two sides and 4 defeats is no coincidence. These two teams basically know how to compete against the big sides and generally get results or a share of the spoils. :D

^

I'd say, tell that to Wenger-- But I know the guy is one cheap manager who is hardheaded when it comes to spending money on topnotch players and the owners of the club love him for it, even if it is unfortunate for the Arsenal fans who desperately need to win a trophy.

I'm sure, if Wenger were to acquire a talented striker from say, Brazil or Argentina, for a good price; then Arsenal, in a period not too distant, will become unquestionably more formidable than any of the top premiership teams, including MY Chelsea, with all their aging players.

Wigad   

^^I guess wenger is hoping for another Henry to happen man those were the days Henry is a legend, they should try to get him back his just sitting in Barcelona as a sub.

Tuujiye   

I see more chelsea fans lool thats nice... me and OZ are not alone ileen...

I'm glad we won last game..we wasted many chances by now we could have been 7 points clear..

I can't stop thinking about the champions league and Inter lool I wish we had essien back already lool..it will be a "cracker" as you brits say lol....

Man City needed Tevez today but overall they had a good game..Liverpool will finish 5th this year maybe 6th.. this was a big game for them...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

NGONGE   

^^ Liverpool will finish fourth, adeer (two points behind Arsenal). :D

Yesterday was another one where the supposed 'top' guys of Liverpool did not perform. It was again left to Carraghar and Lucas to be the two outstanding players on that pitch. If Gerard, Kuyt, Babel and Macherano were on thier game Liverpool would have easily beaten City. I don't criticise Maxi because he's still new and can still use that excuse for a while yet. Torres didn't get any service.

If Chelsea don't go on and win the league Anceloti should be drowned in the bloody Thames.

Oz   

^^BBC & Sky commnetators; 'boring' 'worst game of the season' etc about Citeh v scouser. :D

The team sent out on the field was certainly not your best. But it certainly was not lacking the quality whereby simple passes are missed, and not even a hint of creativity could be conjured to at least see a concerted period of pressure for 10 to 15 minutes placed upon Man City.

I don't think anyone could say they enjoy watching Lpool play at the moment.They've scored 16 goals in 17 games, after being the Premierships top scorers last season. No creativity and no-one prepared to gamble in the box.I just hope Torres doesn't get fit till the last game of the season. :D L Lpool V Chelsea second last game of the season.

N.O.R.F   

Ngonge, lets not forget the number of times Lucas gave the ball away in good positions :D

Best player was Masch (see him track SWP stride for Stride?).

It will be close. Spurs can go into 4th tomorrow.

Abtigiis   

Is Chelsea good because of Drogba or is Drogba good because of Chelsea?

I believe the latter is true. So far Drogba was rubbish for his country and no one can say he is a lone star there. WC 2010 will vindicate my point. I don't believe in Drogba's technical quality.

At least the Somali kid come on, imagine if he scored the winner, even Shabab would have allowed the masses to watch footy.

With four teams still in the running i think the 4TH spot race looks more interesting than the title race itself

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Liverpool will finish fourth, adeer (two points behind Arsenal).
:D

I thought you were taking our spot? :D

I say Arsenal will win on the final day of the league by 2 points, followed by Chelsea and then Man U :D:D

Oz & Tuujiye , I said you will win if you want it hard enough but it seems you missed that opportunity. I believe you will lose to ManU and Liverpool both and then get a draw at Villa :D

ManU will lose to Man City and will draw with Sunderland icon_razz.gif

I think the last day of the season will be one of the most intense days ever!

Cheers