Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

The Premiership 2009/2010

Oz   

GOONS had all the possession because Chelsea weren't interested in closing them down. We made no attempt on winning the ball back for most of the match, just holding,shaping and letting Arsenal do their tippy-tappy passing in front of us. :D And that seems to be enough for most Arsenal fans. It makes you the "better side", and whoever just comfortably beat you was lucky to do so after they had so much possession.

Arsenal shouldn't complain though. The manager and the players never learn a thing, and it means they're not a threat when it comes to the major trophies. Long may the neat little triangles continue.

BTW - Clichy has looked a lot better this game. Nasri though - just looks like a little boy in a mans world. Ivanovic looks like he would put him on a salad and eat him for lunch. Difference between the two teams was once again Drogba. Why do ChewlseaY even bother play the other 10 players. :D Arsenal fans probably dread the sight of Drogba by now.

PS: I hope Matt Damon enjoyed the match though. :D

Oz   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

Arsenal are a good team. But when 5 out of a total of 7 shots in their last two games turn into goals, you need to ask if they will not be better off to start the game with 10 men withour a goalie. There is no goal-keeper at all.

That is not to say the short players up front need to be diversified. Bendtner should start and they need another tall striker.

^^ Quiet interesting you mentioned this, Thats one thing Arsenal really lack imo is another type of striker, their forwards are too similar to each other, Van Persie, Arshavin and Eduardo are all similar types of players, I think Arsenal need an out and out pacy striker, perhaps Niang from Marseille would have been perfect for them or perhaps a taller, stronger striker (Carlton Cole maybe). Something to give them a plan B when they are trailing in a game, because Arsenal against any half decent team, seem to fall to bits when they go a goal or two down.

Also Arsenal's midfield just caved in and made it far too easy for Chelsea to carve through, I think Wenger is a fine manager but his reluctance to invest in a top quality holding midfielder is baffling, Mahamodou Diarra was allegedly on the market this summer, he would have been perfect imo, he is decent on the ball but can also get stuck in when needs be, this is what Arsenal lack, their centre midfield against the big teams is simply too soft, vs United last week and this week has proven this.

NGONGE   

^^ Gloryhunter, waaxid. :D

LFC will beat them and beat Man City to go third. Arsenal are in a free fall now. After playing Liverpool they have to play Stoke away and you know how that worked out last time.

N.O.R.F   

^We havn't beaten them for years saxib. They will still pass us off the park but we will have more space as Arsenal are not the best at pressing the ball.

Anyway, I won't be watching.

Originally posted by Oz:

quote:Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

Arsenal are a good team. But when 5 out of a total of 7 shots in their last two games turn into goals, you need to ask if they will not be better off to start the game with 10 men withour a goalie. There is no goal-keeper at all.

That is not to say the short players up front need to be diversified. Bendtner should start and they need another tall striker.

^^ Quiet interesting you mentioned this, Thats one thing Arsenal really lack imo is another type of striker, their forwards are too similar to each other, Van Persie, Arshavin and Eduardo are all similar types of players, I think Arsenal need an out and out pacy striker, perhaps Niang from Marseille would have been perfect for them or perhaps a taller, stronger striker (Carlton Cole maybe). Something to give them a plan B when they are trailing in a game, because Arsenal against any half decent team, seem to fall to bits when they go a goal or two down.

Also Arsenal's midfield just caved in and made it far too easy for Chelsea to carve through, I think Wenger is a fine manager but his reluctance to invest in a top quality holding midfielder is baffling, Mahamodou Diarra was allegedly on the market this summer, he would have been perfect imo, he is decent on the ball but can also get stuck in when needs be, this is what Arsenal lack, their centre midfield against the big teams is simply too soft, vs United last week and this week has proven this.
What game did you watch Sxb? Arsenal midfield were on top Chelsea's. The Only player that was stopping us was Mikel. Lampard other than the second goal pass, he didn't do match. Most of teh second half we played in your half. It was like Watching Birmingham vs Arsenal.

I have to admit - we didn't have the conviction to shoot...We created alot of chances - clear cut chances than Chelsea! I think everyone agreed that the difference between the teams was Striker. Chelsea had one effiecent striker vs a team of midfielders.

You are kidding when you said RvP, Arshavin and edu are the same, yeah? I agree with you though We need a strong player like Kwenye Jones - ireally think he is good player but didn't have the best coaching!

Where to from here, We will be beat Lpool and as far as the title concerns it is CHELSEA's to lose! if they drop points like they did in December we will have a chance otherwise Second it a good place to aim for!

There you have it Oz - i brought the PL Title to you whether you take it or not is up to you, doesn't mean i will not take it back if you don't want it :D:D

Cheers

Tuujiye   

posted by Ngonge

But I do not see much of a difference between Almunia and Cech to be honest. He has not been good for the last couple of years now and is only living on the reputation of the Jose days.

Ngonge if you watched the last game can I ask you again who is the better keeper? cech or Almunia? loool or you still think cech is living on a reputation loool as if you really ment that.

Zu.. duqa game plan ayaa la idiin soo diyaarsaday. Arsenal played the same style as they did with Man U who do have the weaker defence. Lampard drop down to help Mikel and it worked. These kids love the short passes and attacking so Chelsea played smart and showed respect for their apponent. They could have opened up but they sticked with the game plan. Jones is a perfect fit for you guys and yes he is a great player who should be in a good team like Arsenal.

Wareer Badanaa!!!

NGONGE   

^^ Cech is a good keeper, saaxib. I just think he's not as good as he used to be. And anyway, you can't really judge him on that game alone. Silly Arsenal were making crosses into the box for Arshavin! ARSHAVIN! :D

Zu is talking nonsense. Chelsea scored their two goals and did not need to attack you. They allowed you to have the ball and have a go at them. You, as ever, failed. If Wenger is any good he would sell Fabregas next season and change the way his team plays.

Haatu   

Ah well, 1 point in 3 games isn't that bad :D Next liverpool. As usual liverpool will start with their running game and will begin to huff and puff by half time allowing arsenal to get into their game. It won't matter if Liverpool score first because unlike Man U or Chelsea, they have difficulty defending their leads. So imo i think Arsenal will win by 2:1.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Zu is talking nonsense. Chelsea scored their two goals and did not need to attack you. They allowed you to have the ball and have a go at them. You, as ever, failed. If Wenger is any good he would sell Fabregas next season and change the way his team plays.

Ha ha ha I see you just said what you read in the tabloit "Ballack's yap yap yap" or may be I am hearing Alan Hansen Gibirish?...I know Oz coppies and pastes what Tony Cascarino says in his crappy column!

Allow me to make it clear We lost due to lack of a striker not because Chelsea were the better side, simple!. Unlike the ManIOU game, they were better than us when they beat us @ the Emirates.

We will beat Liverpool no doubt! :D

NGONGE   

^^ You lost because your midfield is full of midgets that can't defend. You would have lost if you still had Henry, Wright or Vanman upfront. This had nothing to do with strikers and EVERYTHING to do with a weak midfield.

Wenger admitted that he has no money to buy high class players but I don't think he needs to. He should go to Everton and get Fellani from them. If he can't even afford that guy, no problem, Portsmouth are struggling for money would be happy to sell him Papa Bouba Diop. :D