Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

The Premiership 2009/2010

NGONGE   

^^ It's a game of two halves, adeer. icon_razz.gif

Norf,I disagree. Lucas and Mascherano do not just snap at heels (as you so haughtily put it), they WIN the ball and pass it on to the (supposedly) creative players. They have been doing it ALL season and you could hardly fault their efforts. I would chose them over Chelsea's Obi whatshisname, Arsenal's Song/Denilson or even United's Fletcher. Liverpool fails because the players that you deem 'great' are not really that good, Banayon and Babel mainly. I could give Gerard the benefit of the doubt because he has played greatly in so many games in the past. I could allow Torres a breather since he just came back from injury. But Banayon should be sold to Hull City or Stoke. He is nothing but a glorified substitute.

Having said that, Liverpool DID control that game in the first half. They made Arsenal look ordinary and STOPPED them from playing their natural passing and moving game. Don't act like you have not seen it done before (against United, Madrid, Barca and others).

Yes, the team is not winning and, obviously, there is a problem. But where we differ is in understanding what the problem is. You blame it on the way the team plays and the manager's tactics. I blame it on confidence (pure and simple). Because I (unlike you) have plenty of evidence to show that this team is good and wins games when the confidence is there. They have done it time and time again. I also can recount countless games where Rafa showed his ability to prepare for games and win them (no matter who the opposition are). So, you see, your complaints are nothing but those of a fickle fan (maybe it's the distance). If you must take your anger on someone, go pick on those American owners and their refusal to provide the manager with proper funds to buy players.

We can still win the league you know. icon_razz.gif

Abtigiis   

Where does confidence come from? It is from having the right mental and physical shape!! Ngonge, what nonesense are you talking about? It is like Ethiopia losing 6-0 to Egypt and claiming they lost because they didn't have confidence! Of course, they wouldn't have confidence when they know they are no match!!

Liverpool's problem is because they don't have a good team. simple. Most of the players are past their best, and they will need new fresh players to revitalise the team.

I agree Arsenal wasn't that great yesterday, but wasn't their main weakness that they were always playing great but not concentrating on defence? I liked the way they played yesterday. But Arshavin was simply lucky.

Thierry.   

There Ngonge goes again trying to cover up another ridiculous performance. Lucas the German (He sure isn’t a Brazilian) needs to be sent packing along with Rafa. All those Millions spent on players, yet the fundamentals of creating chances are none existent.

Arsenal had an average game yet still looked the better team.

The only reason Liverpool still has a chance to be in the top four is because the rest of the pack never seem to last a whole season.

We only need one more big striker and we are laughing all the way to CL final.

Abtigiis   

Liverpool always struggles when going forward. Chances come only with the struggle of Torres and Kuyt. I think they need a complete overhaul.

Tuujiye   

A&T I really think Liverpool will be top 4 at the end on the year... For Arsenal, they got very lucky and they didn't win that game liverpool gave that game away because some how that own goal killed their self confidence...I told you guys that Torres is qashin and Liverpool needs someone else up front!

Chelsea will take Mascherano anyday.. the man is a pure stopper!! imagine if we had him and essien? lool he is the heart of Liverpool and is after he got off that Liverpool lost all controll of the ball even the commentaters said it...

Wingga! lol booing cech won't help you win a game! I still don't understand how they are in second place stinking Man U!! the team is trash!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Oz   

Absolutely awful day for Chelsea, everton hard three lousy goals due to our weak defensive attitude(two games essien missed) we've consided so many goals. Rubbish!

Liverpools second half was appalling,not a single goal on target, every cross too high or too long. Really genuinely poor from Liverpool, the players heads are down, it's gonna take a lot or a lucky goal to give the players some confidence.

WingA; Did you see Fergie at the time the board went up? He was spitting flame. Well deserved villa fans :D it surely made my day.

Bob; On reflection - I don't knw whether this result just highlighted Liverpool's poor season to date, or masked your frailities. Gunners were of course much sharper and positive in the second half. That first half was the worst I have seen for sometime. Alumnia was bad, I thought Gallas, TV and Traore were breached with ease in the first half (absolute stone wall penalty against Gallas), there attack was woeful for the majority of the game and Denilson still seems more at ease passing to opposition players than his own.

Albeit for an own goal and an Arshavin piece of brilliance, I feel Arsenal were poor but better in the second half, still not were they should be. Not going to loose any sleep over it - a 3 points at Liverpool is a rare thing in recent times as far as Arsenal team are concerned. Praise the work of Song, Fabregas and Sagna. All were immense for you guys.

Arsenal have two very big games against Burnley and Hull in the next 4days. Should be 6 points on paper - however we all know that is not how it is played. They need to keep the acid right on the top two.

One arsenal fan told me "So this is how it feels to win without playing well" :D

Good discussion asxaabeey...too late to join.

i think for the first time Arsene did what a manager who is hungry should do " tell the kids they are not worthy of the shirts unless they give their all - 110%".

To be honest, Arsenal players have a fever of the big games...our top players disappear in big matches (except RVP and Arshavin) even Capt Fab goes AWOL. Arsene did what he needed to do - kudos to him.

And those who think Liverpool were great in the first half - no they were not - they were just tackling better and running around like a headless chuck. Watch the game again. I was wondering at some point in the game what Bena was trying to do...he run forward, went left, then right and walla he run into Song.. WTF!

Gerrad was rushing all of his passes. even when Torres missed the simplest chance - you could feel it - no one was confident enough to take his time.

I totally agree with Norf here, they (Liverpool) needed someone who will lift his head up and pass to the right player - mostly someone who can measure the tempo of teh game and spread the ball to the wings i.e. Alonzo.

On the other hand, Arsenal was just shaky - Denilson wins the balls and passes to his opponents, Song was magnificent thru out the game. Arshavin is just Arshavin, he plays only ten minutes of the game, but that is enough for him.

Benitez lost it, seriously, he could have just instructed his players after the 1st half, keep the ball, Arsenal will come out desparate and hit them on the counter attack. instead Arsenal came calm and collected and hit Liverpool on the counter attack - which is the opposite of what I expected from them given how they were playing recently.

The Good news though, ManU are rubbish, Chelsea will soon loose their heart and head (Essien, Drogba and Mikel)....it is all up for grabs. bring it on!

N.O.R.F   

Ngonge, have we been watching the same team saxib? LoL

Confidence comes creating chances and winning! this isn't happening and Rafa can't turn it around.

Anyway, for the sake of LFC unity let's discuss this over a double apple and grape. In the meantime the daggers should come out for whoever is at the top of the table.

Tuujiye   

Waraa ZU Arsenal is qashin team right now saaxiib!! waxaa ka dhigtay in ee ciyaareen game fiican ka waran, war that game was ugly and boring all the goals luck bee ahaayeen even tho arshevan's goal looked nice, but Johnson could have blocked it... that game had no direction and a flow what so ever both teams played bad and Liverpool didn't even show up the second half... Arsenal will loose to Man city 100% and I can't wait sida la idiin ceebeeyo..Ciyaalka uu kusoo qeeliye kulahaa mayee burkaanti uu soo siiye loool ama energy drink loool

Wareer Badanaa!!!

WingA   

All that talk about liverpool.. A has been team with no special talent or ability left in the team when gerrard and torres are injured half the season and with a manager who still thinks he can win the title with players like lucas, kuryt, ngoge, carrager.. shall i go on?? there is no point.. liverpool's days are numbered.. bye bye..

Well played to Villa and they deserved the points even tho i didnt get to watch the closing stages because some degenerate jarheads and we got the points against wolves anyways to bounce back from defeat..

so, we are joint top for your information now boyz but for how long we'll see in a few hours..

We got some strong players with good experience and a world class manager.. thats how we in the top section every year and i doubt much will change so get used to it and beef your teams with real talent..

Tuujiye   

Zu I told you that your Gunners got lucky against Liverpool sxb.. They couldn't beat Burnly and they played well lol but then again Burnly beat Man U so cheer up lol...

Norfsky, Give your team a chance they won today and Torres played much better than last game against Arsenal..he neds to show up for the big games laakiin...

Again The boys of London FC won which means we are up 3 points on Man U and more easy games to come up lool...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

WingA   

^^There are no easy games in the premier league bro and the more you think like that the better for United chances..

Respect each team and let the best team win..

Easy..Its coming up to squeeky butt cheeks time.. Dont make me laugh saxib..

I hear its freezing in england..

NGONGE   

Originally posted by WingA:

All that talk about liverpool.. A has been team with no special talent or ability left in the team when gerrard and torres are injured half the season and with a manager who still thinks he can win the title with players like
lucas, kuryt, ngoge, carrager.. shall i go on??
there is no point.. liverpool's days are numbered.. bye bye..

Man for man, Liverpool's first team compare and in some areas surpass that of United. Have you had a look at your first eleven recently? Actually, forget that. Just try to remind me of the last time 'mighty' United beat Liverpool. :D

This season your team is so average it's scary. You keep winning games (and mostly against the lesser teams) because of the name of the team and not the way it is playing. It was not just Wolves the other day who did not fancy a game, it's Bolton, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Hull, etc.

This has been a topsy turvy season and there is not one team that looks like it will run away with it (not even silly Chelsea who could have been ten points clear by now).

Liverpool WILL come back. Rafa said so. :D

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by WingA:

I hear its freezing in england..

It's snowing where Ngonge is and we're enjoying the nice weather here :D

ps Dubai Motorshow is on this weekend. You don't want to miss it trust me. Let me know if you come up to DXB.

Liverpool are just going through a blip. Wa Minor ting. But I do have to agree with mr Ngonge and say that the problem is not with masch and lucas. As someone who plays in a similar position to them, I know that all the tackles, interceptions, runs or accurate passes you deliver only look good when the wide players and strikers finish it off. Mascherano gets all the praises when players like Torres n Gerrard finish off the chances, but when you have clowns like benayahud, Kuyt and that Crabel- who don't take their chances then the attention turns to them(cm). Having said that, Rafa has some made some weird signing and sales( keane, bellamy, crouch, pennant, could have all become useful now).