Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

The Premiership 2009/2010

WingA   

Yeh yeah.. keep your words or eat them shall i say.. united are looking good and strong in their attack..

The defensive issues are down to injuries and inconsistent pairing in that department so its nothing if we lose a few goals as long as we get the points in the bag..

Man U have been riding their luck so far (when Giggs who is supposed to retire soon is your creative central midfielder, you know you are in trouble )

Well at least we have him and i wouldnt want him to retire unless he is useless and i dont think thats the case.. do you?

Oz   

Joe Cole is back and happy to be playing:

"I'm back now and it's blinding," Cole said. "But I'm not going to get ahead of myself. There is going to be a lot of ups and downs. All I can do is keep working hard in training. If you see the size of the squad we have, a lot don't play week-in week-out so it's vital for them to get airtime," said assistant boss Ray Wilkins.

"It's entirely up to the young men to push themselves forward and the two that played have been doing so in the reserves and training. We want to win everything we enter. Every side that takes to the field in a Chelsea shirt wants to win the game and the tournament they are playing in. If we can blood a few on the way, all well and good."

WingA   

looks like it all square on losing 100% record and now the league will form its shape.. Its all good, 3 points in the bag..

N.O.R.F   

BIG game on Sunday!

Saudis confirm Liverpool interest

Liverpool players

The move could boost Liverpool's profile in the Middle East

A Saudi Arabian prince has confirmed he is looking to buy up to half of Premier League football club Liverpool.

Prince Faisal bin Fahd bin Abdullah al-Saud told the Saudi Al-Riyadh newspaper "we are looking forward to acquiring 50% of the club's stake".

The price of £200m to £350m he is ready to pay for the stake is more than the £174m US owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett paid for the whole club.

A deal to open football schools in the Middle East has also been signed.

'Sports investments'

The prince's sports investment company F6 has confirmed it has reached a deal with Liverpool co-owner George Gillett to set up two academies in Saudi Arabia and two in North Africa.

The deal would also extend the interests of the US Nascar motorsport series in the Middle East.

"This partnership will provide a lot of investments in football, racing and sports media in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East," an F6 statement said.

"The contracts are basically sports investments, which also include establishing football academies that will definitely help the future of Saudi sports in the future."

Meanwhile the prince said it would be "marvellous" to seal a deal securing a 50% at the Merseyside club, which he called one of the most famous in the world.

'Concluded soon'

Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett have been looking to reduce Liverpool's £245m debt and paid off £60m in July.

That was when the loan used taken out to buy the club in February 2007 ran out and was renegotiated with banks RBS and Wachovia.

Considering what Hicks and Gillett paid it is a huge increase in the club's value

Harry Philp, Hermes Sports Partners

"The deal will be concluded soon and its value will be between £200m and £350m," the Al-Riyadh paper quoted the prince, who is also an honorary member of Saudi football club Al Hilal, as saying.

"If we finalise the deal, it will be something marvellous because Liverpool is one of the best and most famous clubs in England and the whole world."

The Saudi interest comes after a document was leaked showing that since March 2009 the club has been seeking to attract new investors in return for a stake in the Anfield club.

In March 2009, a prospectus drawn up by investment banks Rothschild and Merrill Lynch told potential investors that for £50m they could get a minority stake in "one of the world's most successful football clubs".

Prince Faisal bin Fahd bin Abdullah al-Saud, who was at Anfield on Saturday for the 6-1 win over Hull - where he signed the deal for the academies - now appears to be seeking to invest much more than £50m.

As well as the F6 sports investment vehicle he is also chairman of Saudi holding company FAMA Group

Stadium on hold

"Considering what Hicks and Gillett paid it is a huge increase in the club's value to somewhere between £400m and £700m," Harry Philp, managing director at sports financers and advisers Hermes Sports Partners, told the BBC.

"They had to refinance their debt with their banks recently. Despite paying off £60m of their debt recently as part of that refinancing it is still surprising, particularly considering that plans for a new stadium are on hold."

However, a number of questions remain over any possible investment, should the Saudis take a stake.

"The Saudis will have to take 25% of the club from each of Hicks and Gillett if they want half the club, but whether they both would be willing to sell any more of their holdings is unknown," added Mr Philp.

Mr Hicks has promised that a new stadium will be built when the current global financial turmoil settles down.

Liverpool recently signed a sponsorship deal with Standard Chartered bank, a sign that the club's commercial revenues are set to remain healthy over the coming seasons.

The deal begins next July and runs to the end of the 2013/14 season.

Just sell the damn club!

Oz   

Loz: Shit happens loosing to wigan is what chelsea wanted. now let the season begin. :D

I will be back with my comments a little later.

PS: bring on scousers.

Oz   

^^ and you were a blue fan eh,Nice to see you being optimistic - i'll be sticking firmly in my pessamistic camp wlc on boards btw.

I thought the Malouda cross was very tasty - a match is never complete without a Kirkland mistake mind

Because the bloke wasn't at the best angle. I agree it was penalty as i think the intention from Cech was there but i think he tried to pull out. Don't think Cech should have gone regardless - but then again i am a biased Chelski fan so what can i say?

Apoel here we come thrashing you with 3 goals. :D:D

^^^

Yep, Apoel are history: Chelsea bounced back from that shock at Wigan. Now next is Liverpool, which I feel will be the defining game of Chelsea season. If we beat them, then I'm confident we will be the team to beat. However; I have some concerns regarding 2 players:

-Frank Lampard is not in form and his goal drought is becoming a liability to the team. It seems Ancelotti's diamond formation is affecting his play, but if this guy doesn't start to score goals, it will have a huge impact on our campaign.

I'm also worried about Kalou. He seems to lack the confidence to finish, every time he's infront of the goal. He is a talented player who lacks determination to score goals. I hope he gets his act together quick, because we need goals from everyone.

Oz   

Scouser fans should BEWARE of Drogba. To be honest Carragher against Drogba is one of the funniest match ups in world football. I've seen Carragher get torn apart by Drogba so many times :D:D

Mr Somalia, as you said the Diamond shape wont let lampard score rather assists. the wingers are gonna have more chances of scoring.

I think Anceloti should keep in mind he should have a back up line up.

N.O.R.F   

^Remember Drogba vs Agger (when he was fully fit)?

Bring it on at the Bridge. As usual, the minority LFC fans will out-voice the 30k+ prawn sandwish eating Hammersmith residing Chelki boys.

Oz   

^^ LOL

Liverpool stats at the bridge speaks for itself. I know you'd be glad to settle this for a draw, as for me a must WIN.

Last 10 years

Played – 18

Won – 2

Drawn – 4

Lost – 12

Failure to win in 88% of competitive games.

Last 5 years

Played - 11

Won – 1

Drawn – 4

Lost – 6

Failure to win in 90% of competitive games.

WingA   

Those stats dont look too good norf.. your boyz are in for a third defeat..

Come on you Blues..lol..