Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Interesting debate between Dr Culusow and Dr Faisal Rooble

Dr Culusow is from the HAG society

Dr Faisal rooble is of the Sahal Community he belongs to the smaller clans of Jigjiga not the larger Bigfoot Community

Faysla the teacher vs. Culusow and Fiqi the pupils

Faysal was in his element when expounding federalism benefits for post civil war Somalia

A_Khadar   

XX now your waali is very extreme.. Is daba qabo awoowe.. Why everything turn you make is about clan clan.. chill duqa out..

A_Khadar   

I am listening now, not sure If I can finish it all in one sitting.. So far Culusow presenting his case though his arguments aren't transparent to follow.. Will see how Fiqi and Faysal do. But over all, as long we somalis are talking, we are doing way better than invading to one another..

A_Khadar   

I just finished listening. XX, I couldn't agree with you more other than saying Faysal did his homework before coming to the debate and other two gentlemen seem unprepared for this this. Over all, nice debate..

Faisal explained the different types of governing systems in the context of the old Europe he talked about the struggle and the civil war and how the state structure collapsed and how a state can be resurrected if Federalism is adopted in the correct way. He also talked about reinventing the Somali state and how development can be easily fastened. He also concluded with other alternatives and solutions. The other 2 gentlemen talked more about what is wrong with Somalia and talked mostly about what Somalia is losing if federalism is adopted. Also Culusow dismissed federalism altogether and talked about the clan factor and asked the audience more questions while they didn't put forward any tangible arguments. I believe Carafaat would done a better job really:D

Samafal   

I listened to the whole debate. Could not understand what culusoow's urgument is. Is he saying that the constituition is not based on federalism or he's saying that theconstituition does not recognize any pre existing states like Puntland.

Faisal's urgument was more clear. He gave the benefits of federalism for Somalia and also answered the question of how the federal goverment should deal with the existing states and form those that are to come. He was very critical of president Hassan to the much dislike of the Fiqi guy.