Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Somali Federal Government Admitis Provicial Constitution Has Been Altered, Says She Didn't Do It

Dowlada Federaalka oo iska fogaysey eedaymihii ku aadanaa waxka badalka lagusameeyey Dastuurka

Muqdisho–18 Juun,2013–Pi– Afhayeenka Villa Soomaaaliya Cabdiraxmaan Yariisow beeniyay Eddeymaha losoo jeediyey Xukuumada, wuxuuna sheegey inaysan Dowlada Federaalka ah waxba ka taaban Dastuurka aysana awoodaas lahayn, wuxuu raaciyey in waxka badalka Dastuurka ay ku shaqo leeyihiin Xildhibaanadu oo Baarlamaanka oo qura wax ka badali karo.

Ing. Yariisow wuxuu sheegey iney jiraan Qodobo la taabtaabtey kuwasoo ay wax ka badaleen Gudi ay lixda saxiixayaashu u saareen arintaas, isagoo Tusaale usoo qaatey Qodobka tilmaamaya Caasimada, oo awal shakli ku jirey balse wakhtigaas laga dhigay ama lagu cadeeyey Dastuurka in Caasimada Soomaaliya ay tahay Muqdisho.

Dowlada Puntland ayaa sheegtey iney heleen oo gacanta ku hayaan cadeymo qeexaya in dastuurkii lagu heshiiyey Wax laga badalay, oo Dastuurka hada yaal Baarlamaanka uu yahay mid qaldan oo la dhoodhoobey.

Gudoomiyaha Baarlamaanka Dowlada Federaalka Mudane Jawaari ayaan ilaa hada ka hadlin eedeymahaan kasoo yeerey Puntland.

Finally after months of huffing and puffing , Yariisow could not hide the fact that the constitution has been altered. He says the government has nothing to do with it.

Puntland after all was right , and knew what it was talking about ...

GAROODI   

They say they have proof for the changes yet they don't post it this is like jubaland Saxib all talk and when it comes down to it nothing else Saxib

Abtigiis   

FRoole and the Punties are disingeniuos again. After the Garowe meeting, it was agreed that a technical committee ( the signatories formed) will elaborate on certain articles. The comiitte has done that and submitted the recommendations to the Speaker of the Parliament. I am not sure if Faroole's problem is that he think the recommendations should have been sent to the Garowe II signatories! Otherwise, the Federal Governmen did not change the constitution.

The recommendations are not yet endorses by the parliament; and Puntland is represented in the parliament. So, I don't see where Faroole is coming from. Hadii laga cod bato oo soomalida kale isku raacdo recommendation ka, it will become the law of the land. Tough luck, Faro!

Abtigiis, it appears you either do not understand what the issues are or you are resorting to your old habit of being Gabal-Daye

Garoodi, welcome back bro --you've been missed in these boards

ps. Constitution has been signed in Nairobi ---until the referendum in 2016 , it is not supposed to be altered. Meelo istifsaal u baahan baa jira, laakiin beddel ala Warlord den/Mogadishu style are not acceptable to Kismayo and Garowe---and quite frankly it should not be acceptable to any region

GAROODI   

Xin everyone who disagrees wih you doesn't know what they are talking about ??? If Abtigis is right and that was the agreement then the committee has the right to alter it with a final vote going to the people in 2016 that doesn't mean it can't be altered it just means the final version has to be voted on. I would suggest the parliament to remove the federal nature of the entire process and make it a centralised state controlled from mugdisho the majority will vote in favour of it. Let farole stick that in his pipe and smoke it

^^Abtigiis is a UN man who milks the misery of Somali people --- he can never be righ. Besides when it comes to politics and its intricacy , he composes after my style , the family has a division of labor you know GAROODI, Abtigiis waa gabyaa , anaguna bahashaan karinaa :D

Saa u fahan.

The change in the constitution and Puntland's objection has hit Hassan Sheekh where it hurts the most, in the diplomatic circles. Yariisow was dismissive before why he is talking about it today , it tells you a lot.

Faroole has taken a vacation , while his stir in the political water generated a beautiful ripple effect that is even reaching Hargeysa :D

when asked the suffering he caused , he procured his response in the tradition of poets:

Intee niri dagaal waa xunyee , nabad inoo daaya

Intii niri dal iinaan lahayn dawlad ku ahaada

Abtigiis   

Gabbal dayanimadu haday tahay sax iyo qalad ba qofkaan coloowno ama aan wax ka tabanayno ha lagu tuuloo oo yaan loo aaba yeelin waan ahay gabbal daye!

Adigu se waad qafiiftay baryahan oo arintan Kismaayo maradaa kaaga dhacdaye isdaji ninyahoow. Xassan inuu dalka dib ugu celiyo 90 kii oo qabiil qabiil la isu haysto waa arin xun oo in la dhaleeceeyo u baahan. Laakiin taas macnaheedu ma aha Axmed Madoobe Addis Ababa u dacwo tago ama wax walba oo eedeeyn ah oo xassan loo soo jeediyo aan u riyaaqno. I think we should be principled and that means he we supported today on some issues we can denounce him the next minute based on the issue at hand. Sadly, we call that flipflippoing in this forum.

The constitution is not CHANGED; a committe tasked to finalize few outstanding details did its job; it is upto the Somali parliament to either accept the recommendations or to reject it! That is the fact i shared with you. Puntland and Kismaayo ha la waydiiyo kuma qorna dastuurka; anigu se waxba kama qabo hadii la waydiiyo si dadku u heshiiyo. Marka fadlan let us function outside our political predilictions. The other day Baashe was also saying Abtigiis is a crowd pleaser simply because i did not share his hardline position on kismaayo. War hede reerku suu wax u wada? Qofku miyuuna fikirkiisa xor u ahayn?!

I don't like President Hassan's fixation on Kismaayo and honestly I believe he is beholden to hardlinere within his community ( which is bad fo somalia), but also I don't like Axmed Madoobe and his ilk running to foreign capitals and working against the national interest! I think that is treason.

Xinn, I can go to philiplines or west africa and earn salary too. I have no interest in the misery of Somalia. If at all, i am contributing to its revival. That was a cheap line.

Laakiin, baryahan waad qafiiftoo, waan kuu dul qaadanayaa.

Danta big foot iyo cid kale waxay ku jirtaa danta guud ee Somaliyeed; wax reer gaar ah helo oo xal waara keenaya majiro, markaa danta Somaaliyeed yaan loo baab'in dan reereed. This also applies to Xassan who seems to think it is the end of the world if the D block dominate Jubbaland. Kan leh intuu D qabsan lahaa jubooyin ha la isdilo iyo kan leh intuu H arintaa naga hor istaagi lahaa, ha lagu kal tago meesha ama Itoobiya iyo Kenya ayaan u galayaa waa isku mid!!! Qaladka ugu weyn se Xassan baa leh oo isagaa masuuliyada weyn saaran tahay!

Abtigiis;962720 wrote:
Gabbal dayanimadu haday tahay sax iyo qalad ba qofkaan coloowno ama aan wax ka tabanayno ha lagu tuuloo oo yaan loo aaba yeelin waan ahay gabbal daye!

Gabaldaye inaad tahay haddaad yeeshay anna kuma qaldani inuu kuugu yeero!

Abtigiis;962720 wrote:

Adigu se waad qafiiftay baryahan oo arintan Kismaayo maradaa kaaga dhacdaye isdaji ninyahoow. Xassan inuu dalka dib ugu celiyo 90 kii oo qabiil qabiil la isu haysto waa arin xun oo in la dhaleeceeyo u baahan. Laakiin taas macnaheedu ma aha Axmed Madoobe Addis Ababa u dacwo tago ama wax walba oo eedeeyn ah oo xassan loo soo jeediyo aan u riyaaqno. I think we should be principled and that means he we supported today on some issues we can denounce him the next minute based on the issue at hand. Sadly, we call that flipflippoing in this forum.

Firstly, ma khafiifin. That you think inaan khafiifay is a poor judgment call.

Secondly, I am not sure president Hassan wishes the repeat of the Somali civil war. I do however think he is genuinely opposed to the concept of federalism. I also think his understanding of the Somali conflict and his appreciation of the effect of the civil war is lacking. Thusly given those two observations, Ahmed and other regional leaders are justified to peacefully oppose him and halt him from reversing the gains of road map process. In that context, Ahmed is not wrong to travel to the capitals of neighboring countries where major bodies of regional and international stakeholders are based. So I do not share with your concern about Ahmed’s trip to Addis Ababa.

Abtigiis;962720 wrote:
The constitution is not CHANGED; a committe tasked to finalize few outstanding details did its job; it is upto the Somali parliament to either accept the recommendations or to reject it! That is the fact i shared with you. Puntland and Kismaayo ha la waydiiyo kuma qorna dastuurka; anigu se waxba kama qabo hadii la waydiiyo si dadku u heshiiyo. Marka fadlan let us function outside our political predilictions. The other day Baashe was also saying Abtigiis is a crowd pleaser simply because i did not share his hardline position on kismaayo. War hede reerku suu wax u wada? Qofku miyuuna fikirkiisa xor u ahayn?!

A major stakeholder in Somali politics (Puntland) has alleged that the constitution has been changed. It has requested audience with the key international community representatives to share evidence regarding the alleged modification of the constitution. Puntland also published the articles that it says have been changed. So far the government has been tightlipped in responding to Puntland’s charges. Today’s press release from the office of the president only does one thing and one thing only, it confirms Puntland's allegation, namely that the constitution has been modified. The question is was it changed in a legal way?

It is my understanding provincial constitution could be only changed by referendum. Parliamentarian guidelines, advisory clarification on certain clauses, mind you, do not change the text of the constitutional ordinance. It only clarifies. And that is (in my understanding) the role of current parliament.

By asserting that the constitution has not been changed in your individual capacity, you are decidedly voicing a strong support for one side of this argument ---the government. As such you are the epitome of the very partisan you angrily complained--though you may not be aware of it.

Abtigiis;962720 wrote:
I don't like President Hassan's fixation on Kismaayo and honestly I believe he is beholden to hardlinere within his community ( which is bad fo somalia), but also I don't like Axmed Madoobe and his ilk running to foreign capitals and working against the national interest! I think that is treason.

This is neither here nor there.

Abtigiis;962720 wrote:
Xinn, I can go to philiplines or west africa and earn salary too. I have no interest in the misery of Somalia. If at all, i am contributing to its revival. That was a cheap line.

Here you are wasting ink, responding to what should be considered as a friendly remark. Considering you are man of humor, who has developed a reputation in writing great satiric pieces, I am struggling to find a reasonable explanation as to why you are bothered by my innocent UN remark.

Abtigiis;962720 wrote:

Again, that you think inaan khafiifay is a poor judgment call of yours.

Abtigiis;962720 wrote:
Danta big foot iyo cid kale waxay ku jirtaa danta guud ee Somaliyeed; wax reer gaar ah helo oo xal waara keenaya majiro, markaa danta Somaaliyeed yaan loo baab'in dan reereed. This also applies to Xassan who seems to think it is the end of the world if the D block dominate Jubbaland. Kan leh intuu D qabsan lahaa jubooyin ha la isdilo iyo kan leh intuu H arintaa naga hor istaagi lahaa, ha lagu kal tago meesha ama Itoobiya iyo Kenya ayaan u galayaa waa isku mid!!! Qaladka ugu weyn se Xassan baa leh oo isagaa masuuliyada weyn saaran tahay!

Here you are speaking with muffled voice. Why? Perhaps Baashi was right—you are a crowd appeaser.

Miyir   

xiinfaniin;962725 wrote:

Here you are speaking with muffled voice. Why? Perhaps Baashi was right—you are a crowd appeaser.

I second that, let's call spade a spade Qoslaaye and Gang is transparent, what option is left for Madoobe and other players? rise the white flag ?

Carafaat   

Abtigiis;962720 wrote:

+1

N.O.R.F   

Abtigiis;962710 wrote:
FRoole and the Punties are disingeniuos again. After the Garowe meeting, it was agreed that a technical committee ( the signatories formed) will elaborate on certain articles. The comiitte has done that and submitted the recommendations to the Speaker of the Parliament. I am not sure if Faroole's problem is that he think the recommendations should have been sent to the Garowe II signatories! Otherwise, the Federal Governmen did not change the constitution.

The recommendations are not yet endorses by the parliament; and Puntland is represented in the parliament. So, I don't see where Faroole is coming from. Hadii laga cod bato oo soomalida kale isku raacdo recommendation ka, it will become the law of the land. Tough luck, Faro!

Aha. Got it.

Abtigiis   

xiinfaniin;962725 wrote:

A major stakeholder in Somali politics (Puntland)
has alleged that the constitution has been changed.

The will of the majority is more sacred than the lone major stakeholder! But at this stage, it has not even come down to that. The lone MAJORITY stakeholder is mischievously shouting when it could easily speak through its representatives in the national parliament. By the way, anigu ma fahmin qaabka ay u wada shaqeeyaan MPs from Puntland who are in the national Parliament and Faroole's cabinet back home. Mid kee u hadla Puntland? If the MPs cannot advance the same arguments Faroole is making in the arena of the Parliament, what and who do they represent? So, my point is Faroole should leave it to the MPs in the Parliament. That way, the same argument he is making now, gets some decency because it is argued in the right venue.

parliamentarian guidelines, advisory clarification on certain clauses, mind you, do not change the text of the constitutional ordinance. It only clarifies. And that is (in my understanding) the role of current parliament.

And this is what happened. Can you tell that to Faro then? The agreement (signed by Faroole himself) was that a committee (which also was agreed to by Faroole) will look into the details of some broadly agreed on articles and will tender its recommendations. Now, Faroole's role is to ask those recommendations to be tabled before the Parliament. He cannot ambush the process by pretending new changes has been made!! the accusatory tone in his message is really shocking. The other day I saw Jawaari briefing some UN guys and he showed the original agreement where Faroole agreed to the committee, and the recommendations of the committee. He was bewildered why Farole pretends he does not know about who did the alleged changes! it is the same committee he endorsed!

In the rest of the arguments you wrote you played the man not the ball. So, I refuse to take the bait. I want to keep you to this issue of "constitution baa la badaly".

By the way, I agree that the implementation of the provisional constitution was predicated on the presence of a nationally accepted national government. I think Hassan has lost that national appeal and therefore what was acceptable yesterday, is no longer acceptable. Meeshii shaki iyo kala bood ayaa soo galay markaa waa in dib re-engineering loogu sameeyaa the implementation of the constitution. And that can only mean it is no longer feasible for the center to appoint governors. I think the momentum is now irreversibly lost.

President Hassan ka leh intii Jubbaland dhalan lahayd ha lagu kala tago meeshaa (because that is what his actions are tantamount to) - and I believe clannish considerations partly inform his decision - and those who say if a HAG president is on power, then everything is acceptable (including treason and scuttling to enemy capitals to play dirty skirt to foreigners) are one and the same. Hassan is clearly not a statesman but that does not mean all other civic responsibilities must be shirked to fight him.

DULMI DIIDOOW DULMI DOON HA NOQONIN, that is my motto adeer. So, if Ahmed Madoobe and co want to impose themselves by the barrel of the gun, I do not accept it. Yet, I believe Ahmed Madoobe is not given the opportunity to distribute power fairly because Mogadishu is sending spoilers and as we know as long as you have someone who will take malcontents, there will always be malcontents in any process. Dadku waxa meesha laga dhisay si unbay uGu heshiin lahaayeen laakin marka dawladii dhexe leedahay "reer hebeloow diida anagaa wax dhaama idiin haynee", dee heshiish ma dhacayo.