Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

On Federalism and Hagbadaha?

NGONGE   

In Somali minds, federalism is not that much different to joining a hagabd. For like the hagabd, a group of people have to be willing to join it, they must pledge to pay on time and they must agree on the time they all get paid.

Also, like in the hagabd case, there are always problems every now and then. Someone forgets to pay, someone insists on being the first to be paid and someone runs away without paying. Furthermore, sometimes, some people join a hagbad with two, three or four different names.

In this particular hagabad, the argument seems to centre on who should be paid first. Hassan Sheikh argues that, as the organiser of the hagabd, he should be paid first. Madoobe on the other hand, argues that, since he joined the hagabd with three and a half different names, it is he who should be paid first!

These are simple questions and arguments that every islaan that ever took part in a hagabad has faced at least once in her life. They always get fixed sooner or later and the bad debtors are always shunned from future hagbado.

My question however is: when is the Imam getting paid? (mise magaca Madoobe iyuu ku galay?) :D

Lol@ Hagbad Somalis indeed consider Federalism like some sort of Hagbad and Hassan sh is temporarily named to be head of the Hagbad foundation. And the rest are the investors

Blessed   

Lack of early education means Somalis have not grasped the concepts of turn-taking, waiting (playing nicely etc) -- maxaa naf la dhowri lahaa hadii mid walba KG lagalin lahaa at the age of 3. That said, islaamuhu are more civilised in their hagbad management, meel hakaga dhicina.

NGONGE   

^^ How do the islaamo sort out disputes in a hagbad, ayeeyo? This might be the thing that saves Somalia, you know. :D

Blessed   

I don't think they can effectively address federal issues. Hagbad, for starters is built on trust which doesn't mix very well with (Somali) politics.

from Alz trolls and cantarbaqash corner. really, its a shame more people, don't read my exploits, you know. :P

Alpha Blondy;926188 wrote:
NEVER do business with members of a laan gaab clan. remember this advise.

i reluctantly entered into a hagbad money scheme with members of a laan gaab clan members. i think i was the only laan dheere and outsider, too. there were various hagbad schemes going and various options available in terms of how much you put down. i went for the $10,000.00 option...
:D
i expressly asked to be last person to take the money home. i clearly specified my wishes to the hagbad boss.....who because of her high levels of responsibilities was tasked to look after our money. for 10 months i paid on time....fearing non-compliance will result in disastrous consequence for my clan's sharaf.

it was the end of January when i received a call. she said
''its your turn to collect and don't bother paying the last $10,000, you might as well keep that.....''.
i thought it was a little odd because i should have received my $110,000,00 in March. nonetheless..... i took the money home and spent it ALL.... after a week long lavish ceremonial like events.....pathetic or what inaar?. sometime last week....i received another phone call but this time.....it was another reminder to either send via Zaad or to come in person. i chose the latter option but NOT before physiologically gearing myself up for a fight. i confronted the woman but she was so stern....which was, of course, no doubt, a result, of forever carrying chip on her shoulder.... because of her laan gaab status. but she convinced me to depart with more of my money. i gave her the second last payment of $10,000.00....and when she received the bundle of cash....she was very quick to remind me that i still owned a further $10,000.00. i left the venue abruptly and very angry. they tricked me walahi. these laan gaab have tricked me. i can't believe i was so foolish and i didn't follow the advice of my forefathers in NEVER doing business with inferior folks. in my hasty attempts to be appear politically correct and urbane.....i did business with laan gaab's and....i LOST.

this morning.... i went to pay off....what remained of my debts...... but luckily and as shocked as i was....once i handed this witch, who probably practices black magic the dosh...... she'd apologies for the mistake she
'apparently'
made. this ghastly mistake has ruined our financial relationship. i will never accept she'd made this mistake
''innocently''
and
'without evil intent
.....the mistake has ruined my trust in laan gaabs forever......

the mistake? i received the hagbad dosh earlier than expected. in fact two bloody months before i was due to take my $110k home to spend on lavish ceremonial social events to massage my massive ego....
:p

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

awesome. :D

Blessed   

Waar heedhe-- Blessedeey i dheh. Teeda kale, was the purpose of that story to boast of your supposedly 'long branch?' because it does make much sense - ee sidaa ula soco. :D

Blessed   

Faheema.;963635 wrote:
^

Hagbad? I prefer savings account....I don't like to owe money, save and pay upfront.

I do the same but I've been told that hagbad is good for immediate (big) expenses - like if you can't wait a few months for that car or to get married / divorced iyo wax saas ah lol

^ divorced? :P

since when does a woman need to join a hagbad scheme to get divorced? i would've thought the mehr would suffice, particularly, in paying for the first 6 payments for new hagbad scheme iyo wax saas ah iyo mid cunugaga abo fican u noqda iyo wax yaahas iyo waxyaabo kalo la mid ah :P