Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

The Somaliland election result 1959 USP SNL NUF

LOL @ Egal being the leader of USP.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but were NUF and SNL both consisted of supporters of Beesha Dhexe, while USP consisted of Awdal, Sool, Sanaag and Cayn tribesmen? Also, USP was for Union, while NUF/SNL were for Secession?

If Xunduf can rewrite history, so can I. I will produce a good copy & paste. :D

^^ I dont know where u get the idea of secession , from whom was Somaliland seeking secession it was not part of Somalia.lool , Secession ba dadkan washay iyado cidna laga mid ahayn yaa baas eeh laga Go'aya. And second all the parties in SL were unionists SNL USP NUF. NUF just wanted a condition the other 2 unconditional union.

Cigaal was the leader of the SNL and USP they united and formed an alliance in the general elections they were 2 separate parties, if you read carefully NUF got more than 25.000 votes. But they got cheated and ended up having one seat. This was written by sir dauglas hall the last governor of Somaliland under British rule.

Xaaji Xunjuf;961967 wrote:
This was written by sir dauglas hall the last governor of Somaliland under British rule.

Lol, so you're talking about a "Somaliland" as if it was a Sovereign State before 1960. Not only that, but it's "Administration" was Colonial Englishmen, who were Administering the Protectorate for Britain. Your entire argument holds no water. British came to an area settled by different Somali tribes. They conquered it, colonized it and left in 1960. Britain didn't give any tribe the right to rule over the others, certainly it wasn't Britain's power or right to do that either.

USP was created to take Awdal, Sool, Sanaag and Togdheer, along with Waqooyi Galbeed to unite with Italian-Somaliland Protectorate. :D

^^ No Somalilander was against the unity in 1960 they actually were pushing for it aggressively whether they were from borama hargeysa burco gabiley seylac berbera laascaanood eerigaabo they all felt the same about the unity with the Koonfurians. I never said it was a sovereign nation before it gained independence on 26 June.I merely said this was written by Dauglas hall the colonial governor of SL at that time which is a fact. No where did i say Britian gave the power to a tribe where did you read all of this i never said.

Xaaji Xunjuf;961969 wrote:
^^ No Somalilander was against the unity in 1960 they actually were pushing for it aggressively whether they were from borama hargeysa burco gabiley seylac berbera laascaanood eerigaabo they all felt the same about the unity with the Koonfurians.
I never said it was a sovereign nation before it gained independence on 26 June.
I merely said this was written by Dauglas hall the colonial governor of SL at that time which is a fact. No where did i say Britian gave the power to a tribe where did you read all of this i never said.

If you're saying "Somaliland" was NOT a sovereign nation before June 26, 1960, then where do you get this idea of "Somalilanders" and "Somaliland"? lol Also, from June 26th, 1960 to June 30th, 1960, the 4 days British-Somaliland Protectorate was FREE, who was the "President" and "Vice President" of this "nation" you claim to have been a Sovereign State?

^^ It was not a sovereign nation but the people existed and lived there the ethnic Somalilandish people., only when they gained independence they became free. The State of Somaliland as it was called at the time of independence they had a Prime Minister and his name was Muhammad ibrahim egal. and the they had a Parliament and the Parliament leader was, Jamac cabdilahi Qaalib.

Xaaji Xunjuf;961971 wrote:
^^ It was not a sovereign nation but the people existed and lived there the ethnic Somalilandish people., only when they gained independence they became free. The State of Somaliland as it was called at the time of independence they had a Prime Minister and his name was Muhammad ibrahim egal. and the they had a Parliament and the Parliament leader was, Jamac cabdilahi Qaalib.

Who voted for them? Both the "President" and "Prime Minister" you claim are from the same clan (Hergeisa-Burco-Berbera clans). What was the Flag? lol What was the Constitution? Was there a Parliament?

^So the British empire created the ethnic Somalilandish considering there was no such thing as ethnic Somalilandish before the Somalis were colonized?

nuune   

I didn't for one minute believed that Xaaji Xeyraan would be reduced to zero when it comes to Somaliland, here, we are witnessing gowrac aad u ba'an, innaa lillaahi.