Sign in to follow this  
Cambuulo iyo bun

Jubbaland Debate on Universal Tv

Khadafi   

Xaaji Xunjuf;962049 wrote:
They are being honest all they need to be honest now about is reconciliation it shows there is huge distrust its shows people cannot share a land or an administration. I mean back in the days they were all singing Somaliya tooso , but it had a weak foundation. The moment you create clan federalism is the moment Somalis will go mad. I think this clan federalism will be another major challenge for Somalida. Even though qurbajoogta are more tribalists than the normal people back home. But still they play a major role in preparing their communities.

Xaaji no one is saying that we want a nation built upon lies... meaning that the days of afweyne and his clanist policy is gone. We should be open and discuss the past in order to prepare for the future. The past influences the present, while the present control's the future. That the key saaxib.

Reconciliation comes with discussion and justice But Universal TV and other medias have a responsibility. They should wisely choose it's debaters. We dont need a hate propoganda channel, we dont want a horrible version of Rawandas genocide radio.

The only guy who made sense in the debate was the light skillenned old man., He posed a question that no one answerd or brotherd to reflect on. He said Kismaaayu with its large forest land can encompasses everyone. He also said that we are arguing over a city that today needs our help and not

more war.

The reason your against federalism is it will leave no cover for those seeking outright independence, the IC and most somalis see it as the least worst option for now.

^^ Actually autonomous states for Somalia is much more favorable for Somaliland in seeking recognition and possible dialogue with the Koonfurians. I mean the weaker Somalia gets on the ground the better for Somaliland. For example Puntland operates as a country with in a country with actually total independence from Mogadishu if Jubbaland does the same as Puntland. Modern Somali statehood and governance is dead. it means tribes have the power and no longer the Somali government You institutionalized tribal federalism this means that the HAG community will not give up the SFG as their little Government. The 2 tribal states will use their tribal fiefdoms to gain leverage and political support and control. HAG and the middle regions will blindly supporting the SFG as that is their entity.Somaliland will continue to search for recognition and it will be forced to hold dialogue with the SFG. And i am sure in the talks they can work something out which will be in favor of Somaliland and its people. In the long run Somalia breaking into pieces like Jubbaland and Puntland is not good for Somaliland , a Somalia and Somaliland side by side is in the interests for Somaliland in the long term. But for the short term gains i say its going the right direction viva Jubbaland autonomous state linked to Kenya:D

if 22 yrs without a government did not help your cause for Independence, then how now when the FGS is getting stronger by the day. PL & JL don't want to be autonomous states and your understanding of federalism is very crude.

warsamaale;962066 wrote:
if 22 yrs without a government did not help your cause for Independence, then how now when the FGS is getting stronger by the day. PL & JL don't want to be autonomous states and your understanding of federalism is very crude.

They want autonomy trust me that is whats going to happen swiss model style

SFG is not getting stronger it controls only a small part of Somalia with the help of African union forces. And large segments do not even want to be ruled by the SFG.You are saying it your self the reason why Somaliland didn't receive dejure recognition was because Somalia had no government. Now they do the 2 are being forced to talk and this going to be very interesting. I am very sure that Somaliland will be recognized there is nothing major obstacle stopping it the Neighboring countries are not really against it. And Somalia is very weak and will not form a threat to Somaliland the next coming decades. By the way the SFG is controlled now by the HAG community they want a Union with Somaliland but they will not waste their resources on it. They are busy stopping a Jubbaland Kenya linked autonomous state.

The Future looks bright for Somaliland