Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Black African Indians.

....Since the 1400s, people from East Africa, from Ethiopia, Eritrea, Somalia, and adjoining areas, have greatly distinguished themselves in India. They have written a story unparalleled in the rest of the world – that of enslaved Africans attaining the pinnacle of military and political authority. From Bengal in the northeast to Gujarat in the west and to the Deccan in Central India, these men and women known as Sidis and Habshis vigorously asserted themselves in the country of their enslavement.....

http://71.45.131.15/op/archives/7969#.UbZc3_mADUY

Haatu   

Mad_Mullah;960800 wrote:
LOL, Somalis enslaved by Indians. Funnier than Harry Potter books.
:)

Hear hear.

Somalia   

Indeed, Somalis have never been slaves, I do not know why people want to argue against that. However, there has been Somali slave owners, tragically.

Saalax   

Ethiopians yes. Somalis no. Unless one counts the Somali students in Hyderabad married to Indian girls Lol.

Saalax   

It seems many of them are largely confused. Only few of them know where they hail from.

Forefathers

Hassan Bhai says his forefathers came from Mozambique to serve in Portugal's colonial army which controlled a nearby port. But most Sidis have little idea of where their families came from."The children don't know anything about Africa because those who knew about Africa have died," Hassan says.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/06/africa_india0s_african_communities/html/8.stm

It was probably mentioned in documents "Horn of Africa" and then the publisher checked what countries in the Horn of Africa and mentioned them. The fact that they're called Sidis and Habashis is proof enough that they're from Ethiopia.

i use to live with them when i use to go to high school in india. The family that i use to live with, was from north-east somalia!! they was kol folks.

I still talk to them on the phone. Also, the families there were from all part of east africa. This is mainly in South part of India. They, very nice folks. I love them, some become christians, and Buddhists, but they still havent forgot they background. Thats kol.

^ LOL, everyone knows that people that get enslaved don't keep their language, yet this family did and they remembered that they came from the North East.

Saxib, everyone sees that it's a jab against the D-Block, but you failed go back to your refugee camp.

Sensei   

The article says that some when there as soldiers and even rose to become generals and even kings. Pakistan also has a similar community that is equally impoverished.