Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Somali Women

Haatu   

OdaySomali;961491 wrote:
I was reading the other day an (unconvincing) argument that said that in Islamic countries social, economic and legal policy should always be designed so as to better the position of men and boys, whose standing and position in society, it was argued, should be improved and advanced before that of women. The reasoning was that this should be done because men are or would be the 'leaders' of society and the 'heads of households' and they need to be enabled and empowered - not undermined - in fulfilling those roles. The implementation of that sort of thinking would mean:

- Boys and men should be prioritised for receiving education, health care, job creation and government assistance.

- NGO's who help women were particularly critisised... they should help men first, it was argued.

etc.

What do folks here make of that?

Then they have lied about the religion of Allah and anyone who's had even basic Islamic education will know how wrong this is.

Alpha Blondy;961003 wrote:
somali women eh? that's like trying to figure the square root of Faroole's strategy on flood risk management in the lower Rhine River. in other words its not worth a comment.

i can't say this enough, balse, i'll say it again, for the purposes, of those who've yet to hear what Al thinks........i say
''LET THEM ROT IN HELL''

207902_317148788384159_892087258_n.jpg

:D:D

^ :D:D

too many jaajus and operatives on these boards, ma istidhi? :D

i was metaphorically speaking ee sida uula soco, Thomasooow. rested assured these are my own opinions. these views are in no way reflective nor endorse the views of the iman of mecca or for that matter......... any other self-aggrandising little extremist islamo-facist-thug-akhis who measure their faith by the length of their beards and whose artificial displays of pet-like-obedience to saudi wahabism extremist ideology DOES NOT impress western democracy. these views were merely written to counter western hyperbolic fikhir like feminism and equality. ma garatay?(do you understand, Thomasoow?)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

for the record it was for haatu, but who is thomas ?? you have too many code words lad, operatives just need to read the boards the don't have to be memebers.

Anisa   

OdaySomali;961491 wrote:
I was reading the other day an (unconvincing) argument that said that in Islamic countries social, economic and legal policy should always be designed so as to better the position of men and boys, whose standing and position in society, it was argued, should be improved and advanced before that of women. The reasoning was that this should be done because men are or would be the 'leaders' of society and the 'heads of households' and they need to be enabled and empowered - not undermined - in fulfilling those roles. The implementation of that sort of thinking would mean:

- Boys and men should be prioritised for receiving education, health care, job creation and government assistance.

- NGO's who help women were particularly critisised... they should help men first, it was argued.

etc.

What do folks here make of that?

That's just silly :rolleyes:

It's like saying if there was a man and a woman who need urgent medical attention, the man should be treated first. I don't think we should be making choices in which we proritise someones needs on what gender they were born. For all we know, the man could be a serial killer and the woman could be a hard working single mother with young children. Education, healthcare etc should be given to everyone regardless of gender.

This kind of behaviour would only cause more problems. The 'future leaders of society' will be lazy boys who have had everything handed to them on a silver platter with chauvinistic views and misogyny.

I find it really disheartening when I read chauvinistic arguments like that, there is absolutely no logical reasoning behind any of their beliefs. They twist Islam for their own agenda, molded by their cultures.

In my opinion, a mother is the most important 'leader of society'. She should be getting the most support because she will be bringing future leaders in this world.

Reeyo   

Anisa, well said and welcome to the male dominated forum. Always a pleasure to see another female here. :)

Khayr   

When did Islam have to be measured by everything other than it?

This liberal myopic vision of how the world should be is utterly false and

promotes an identity crisis in most of you.

Admit it to yourselves that your identity is not muslim. You are a product of your western chicken fed eduction

and google searches. How could I forget about facebook and twitter educating people?

Wadani   

Khayr;980766 wrote:

Admit it to yourselves that your identity is not muslim. You are a product of your western chicken fed eduction

and google searches. How could I forget about facebook and twitter educating people?

+1000. Raggeedi.

Khayr;980766 wrote:

Tell us what the the correct path is, o' wise one... what is it that is so unislamic that you see here

Haatu   

What rights do women lack in Islam? The problem in Somalia is lack of protection of women and their rights, not lack of rights. There's a difference.

Wadani   

Haatu;980784 wrote:
What rights do women lack in Islam? The problem in Somalia is lack of protection of women and their rights, not lack of rights. There's a difference.

Try explaining that to Somali feminists (both men and women).

You beoble are hiding behind religion.

Yacni, if you have something to say, say it. If you are against women rights, just say it. If you are threatened by the empowering women and giving them opportunities in life, just say it.