Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Somali Women

Haatu   

Blackflash;960925 wrote:
The fact that you brush aside any criticism of Islam is why the discussion in this thread and others like it will remain shallow and fruitless.

A discussion without religion = shallow and fruitless.

A discussion bashing Islam and religion = sophisticated?

Caku iyo maangaab.

You can't see the relevance between religion and the main topic of this thread? If that's the case, you're either thickheaded or being disingenuous.

Haatu   

Somali women are in this situation because of cultural practices that limit their rights (i.e. let the girls wash dishes) not Islam. You're just a one-trick-pony, shallow fellow who only knows hows to badmouth Islam. Have you no other hobbies in life? If you left the religion because you were so dissatisfied with it, why do you constantly talk about it?

because he has every right to criticize just you like to criticize some clans, do you not the irony in your self indulgent attacks on this guy, haatu

Haatu   

warsamaale;960959 wrote:
because he has every right to criticize just you like to criticize some clans, do you not the irony in your self indulgent attacks on this guy, haatu

Marka hore, isku noqda oo bal magaca kasoo heshiiya. Tan labaad gaal weynaadey la murmi maayo. Fagfagtiisaa badatey. He needed someone to tell him how it is. This is a Muslim site. He can take his filth elsewhere and not pollute these boards.

Haatu;960969 wrote:
Marka hore, isku noqda oo bal magaca kasoo heshiiya.
Tan labaad gaal weynaadey la murmi maayo. Fagfagtiisaa badatey.
He needed someone to tell him how it is. This is a Muslim site. He can take his filth elsewhere and not pollute these boards.

wow, blackflash niyow ninkaan iska dici, ma laba jir buu kaaga adkaani jiray. haatu, u talk like ur the owner of this site. niyow is deji

Marksman   

What is Western about this? Are we talking about an animal or a woman? What is wrong with some of you people? Would you say the same about your sister/mother?

What is unacceptable of things like this?

- Right to work

- Access to healthcare

- Access to education

- Freedom of movement

- Freedom from (sexual) violence

- Freedom from discrimination

- Freedom from degrading tests of rape

- Freedom of speech

- Equal inheritance

- Freedom to start /join a political party

etc.

Or do some of you truly believe that a woman cannot have these rights?

Blessed   

Interesting preposition! Perhaps, there needs to be a discussion amongst the men, it would certainly be more helpful for the empowerment of Somali women / society - if once in a while, the few decent Somali men told their brethren to stop being such pigs. There are many kick *** Somali women out there, they may or may not call themselves feminists but the fact that you chose to ignore or dismiss their existence is rather telling-- malaha you should work on your condescending attitude ya Odey...

somali women eh? that's like trying to figure the square root of Faroole's strategy on flood risk management in the lower Rhine River. in other words its not worth a comment.

i can't say this enough, balse, i'll say it again, for the purposes, of those who've yet to hear what Al thinks........i say ''LET THEM ROT IN HELL''.

western law is superior to Somali law just as western medicine, technology, and ideas are. i say lets fully westernize, what use is there in re inventing the wheel.

Blackflash;960886 wrote:
:D
The hypocrisy of calling the irreligious brainwashed is too much for me. Don't denigrate others for having the balls to say aloud what you choose to ignore.

Choose to ignore what? Excuse me, but I've chosen to accept reality and not submit myself to the whims of legislators and focusing my entire worldly outlook on their beliefs. You are brainwashed, it's simple. Brainwashed to accept the notion that somehow Western Liberalism is inherently superior to Islamic values

The hypocrisy of men such as Blackflash, who actually believe that Muslims are brainwashed, but those who submit themselves to another belief system are somehow not-brainwashed?

Unlike men such as yourself, we Muslims actually have rational reasons behind our beliefs adn values, and if we Muslims actually practiced Islam the way it should be practiced, our nations would be by far the most advanced civilization on Earth today.

Haatu;960954 wrote:
Somali women are in this situation because of cultural practices that limit their rights (i.e. let the girls wash dishes) not Islam. You're just a one-trick-pony, shallow fellow who only knows hows to badmouth Islam. Have you no other hobbies in life? If you left the religion because you were so dissatisfied with it, why do you constantly talk about it?

Because he is a coward who calls other people ugly, while hiding behind a mask!

Haatu, I think it's obvious that Blackflash is a man who's comfortable in bashing Islam whenever he sees the opportunity, but he himself has never outlined any objective standard by which to judge Islam. If I were to show him evidences to prove how Islamic Values are superior to any of the Western Liberal values he probably upholds, he would ignore me and then repeat his old-arguments.

It's actually tiresome to listen to him. How on Earth can I discuss anything with a man who's so arrogant that he chooses to ignore reality?

Haatu   

warsamaale;961022 wrote:
Yes western liberalism is incomparably superior to islamic values.
. read that link and wonder why religion has such bad rap dr kenny.

What's the Islamic stance on such an issue first of all? Is what the boy said a crime Islamically or is this a scare tactic being used by the takfiris to frighten the population?