Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Somali Women

Wadani   

Mad_Mullah;960544 wrote:
Stopped reading at 'Arab Religion' saxib, don't come here and go back to World Star Hip Hop.

huh? Bro hadaadan af ingriisi garanayn maxaa af soomaali kuu diiday?"

Reeyo   

You know what's truly sad and absolutely impossible to figure out. Somali women are by far the main orchestrates of this oppression. They nurture and breed this oppressive culture at such imperishable way. I find myself at odds and waging regular battles with my aunts and female relatives about my rights as a woman and my liberal believes of equality.

And most times you've got to just bow down to show respect and honor and accept these cultural expectations.

Wadani   

Reeyo;960805 wrote:
You know what's truly sad and absolutely impossible to figure out. Somali women are by far the main orchestrates of this oppression. They nurture and breed this oppressive culture at such imperishable way. I find myself at odds and waging regular battles with my aunts and female relatives about
my rights as a woman and my liberal believes of equality

And most times you've got to just bow down to show respect and honor and accept these cultural expectations.

Equal how? and in what ways? Throwing around the amorphous term 'equal' without backing it up with concrete observable and emprically verifiable facts is meaningless.

Safferz   

Wadani;960816 wrote:
Equal how? and in what ways? Throwing around the amorphous term 'equal' without backing it up with concrete observable and emprically verifiable facts is meaningless.

You're really going there with your argument?

I think what Reeyo means is that most Somali mothers, grandmothers, and aunts put their sons on a pedestal. They give him an undue amount of respect simply because he's a boy. These young boys, combined with a lack of a father-figure to instill discipline in the boy, and due to the mothers never requiring their sons to do anything, it corrupts the mindset of the boy, who later grows up to become a man.

These mothers baby their sons. I've actually seen it happen in front of me.

These boys don't do anything. They don't clean the dishes, vacuum....they don't even clean up after themselves! And if you combine this lack of responsibilities with a lack of discipline---it results in this young boy growing up to be a man who is misogynistic. This man feels entitled to be treated a certain way by his future wife, and he begins to view her as simply a tool to get what he wants. The misogynistic men I know are often the ones raised in a poor way by their mothers and not having a father present. Its a fatal combination

All i can say to yall is...........I love u all nomad ladies!!

U the best!! I never met a xalimoo from the south, however, i be waiting to meet yall 2, but I love all my homie gals from the north, north-west, and north-east that i met so far....u ladies showed me what i was missing!! Yall kol.

U nomads ladies r the best!!

PS: I remember the first that i met, my first xalimo in nite club!! Some Djbouti gal!~~ its was a freaking nitemare!!

lol...... we had a big fight due to lingo issues!! well...i might have said some shyte 2!! Yall know how frenchie mofo...r2 sensitive i say....

However, I called her couple of nites later, fixed it, next weekend, she was my roommate!! really thru story

this is part of the story and has only has become a factor in the last 30 years mainly. the somali culture is closer to arabian culture even before islam came. yeah but islam institutionalized their second class status.

warsamaale;960876 wrote:
this is part of the story and has only has become a factor in the last 30 years mainly. the somali culture is closer to arabian culture even before islam came. yeah but islam institutionalized their second class status.

What is up with all these SOL members constantly trashing Islam on this forum ? Do you guys not have a Deen ? Were you brainwashed by your secular professors to view Islam in a certain way and not think for yourselves?

Use your reason and stop referring to all these liberal talking points. Fear Allah, reflect on your life and this universe and the fact that you will return to Him. You will reach the obvious conclusion. I don't know what else to say. I cannot tolerate these cheapshots on Islam on SOL

DoctorKenney;960883 wrote:
Were you brainwashed by your secular professors to view Islam in a certain way and not think for yourselves?

:D The hypocrisy of calling the irreligious brainwashed is too much for me. Don't denigrate others for having the balls to say aloud what you choose to ignore.

Haatu   

This place has become the dumping ground of these lost, spineless and suck-up atheists. Go preach your kufr elsewhere you vermin!

Dr Kenny, good points and your're right some mothers treat their sons like princes and even take the plate from them after they eat!

The fact that you brush aside any criticism of Islam is why the discussion in this thread and others like it will remain shallow and fruitless.