Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Sheikh Ahmed Madoobe: grab the moment of greatness beckoning!

Abtigiis   

Somalia is at a crossroad. The international community is ready and willing to support its revival now than ever before. But the Kismaayo conflict is threatening to take the country back to the era of clan bloodshed. To avoid a return to clan war, Somalia needs a visionary leadership that rises above the immediate political gains. I was of the opinion that President Hassan has more wisdom and intellect than the other protagonists in this conflict – Faroole and Madoobe. Sadly, it seems the President does not see the benefits of compromise or the dangers of staying the course to fulfill own political predilections.

Cheering the mayhem and carnage in Kismaayo can only come from hearts filled with hate that do not wish to see Somalia rising again.

In the interest of peace and stability, and taking the failures of leadership at the national level into considerations, Sheikh Ahmed Madoobe as the other key protagonist in the Kismaayo conflict can turn what looks like the most challenging political situation that he ever faced into an opportunity where he will achieve immortal status in the history of Somalia. He can win forever if he decides to compromise and accept a new reconciliation conference and agrees to its outcome. He may anger few of his followers, he may even risk backlash from his sponsors, but Madoobe will rise to greatness if he compromises when he is still relevant and in power. A long drawn out clan war will not benefit anyone. I have spread this message through my facebook account and have finished nearly one hundred dollars calling all sensible community members I know. I hope enough people will embrace this message and will create the critical mass required to influence self-interested politicians.

Hadaan lakala socon meela umadani uma socoto...and my feeling is the current national leaders do prefer a return to war than compromise. Can Ahmed Madoobe steal the greatness they would achieved if they would have compromised? Can he exchange short-term Presidency and fleeing fame for eternal respect?

Dabrow   

If he does that now while he still have room and relevance with the backing of Kenya then surely he will get the credit and respect for such action. But don't hold your breath over it. I think he will be forced away into irelevance as warlords before him has. Would like to be proven wrong but I don't think madoobe has this kinda of political foresight.

Madoobe does not know exactly what he should compromise, there is little room for him not sure how he can compromise his seat. He cant De-legitimize his own conference that elected him. The best he can agree on with hassan is that he will help built the Somali defense forces in the region and will give all authority to the SFG share the airport and port revenues with the Mogadishu government and normalize relations with Mogadishu, in exchange that the Mogadishu government supports his admin on all the local domestic affairs. But the question is, will the government in Mogadishu accept such a deal i doubt it. The government in Mogadishu has more room to compromise a deal but are they ready to do that is the million dollar question?

Abtigiis   

Apophis, I hate people who priotize in soomalida la iska celiyo and propose peace with Tigre's and war with Somalis. Waa cudur waxaasi. Somali waa dad aaynu ka mid nahay markaa iyadoo dulmi haduu xitaa jiro, dulmi soomaliyeed la qaato ayaa ka roon mid gabdhaha kaa kufsanaya oo Tigree. Afterall, hadii Madoobe madaxweeyne noqon waaya, it does not mean the end of the world.

Dabrow, adiga ilaahay ha ku caafiyo, you are narrow-minded. Dan reereed baa wax walba kaala weyn.

Chimera   

Abtigiis, very sensible post, but it goes against the nature of Somali politics of the last 30 years. No politician since Aden Adde has had the foresight to protect their own personal legacy as well as that of the country by making the hard decision of compromise, or conceeding for the greater good. President Aden's decision immortalized us as a people in the annals of African democracy, but the multiple patterns of madax adeyg on the part of S. Barre, the warlords, Yeey, Shabaab and now the FG/Jubbaland has permanently made us the poster-boys of a failed Africa.

Its why our leaders after their brief stints in politics are always in exile afterwards, compare this to other nations where entire libraries and centers are dedicated to these leaders, while they're still alive. I would want the same if I was a leader.

Chimera   

Apophis;960253 wrote:
yet people from these places wish war upon me and would rather see me a refugee in Dadaab than me living peacefully in Kismaayo.

And I accept dulmi from no one, be it Tigree or Hassan Sheikh and when they both want to reduce me, I'll treat them one and the same; enemies.

Apo, you live in London.

Chimera   

Apophis;960262 wrote:
I could explain but as a self styled "petty clan" hater, you would never understand.

Then you should have said "my clan", instead of "me". I got the picture the Tigray and Hassan Sheikh were reducing you in merry old London, bisinka.

Johnny B   

I think Mr Madobe heeded your advice , he is going to Mogadishu and will join the Jubaland meeting.

I know atheer Hassan in person and i like Mr Madobe's tone, i think thier meeting in Nairobi ended in an understanding.

There is hope !

Jacpher   

Jubaland exists today and it doesn't need unnecessary conference that yields no result to its populace. The people are behind Madoobe's leadership minus the few trouble makers. Muqdisho has time and again showed it will do anything to get its way in Kismaayo including engineering a civil war.

Chimera   

Apophis;960270 wrote:
You had trouble figuring out what I meant? I'm not here to teach you the ABCs you know.

Its funny though, since you shop at Tescos/Asdas, and use Virgin broadband, but pretend you're in a warzone or refugee camp via clan-ties.