Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mullah

Why I prefer my kids to grow up in the Middle East [video]

Guzel   

UAE is very diverse and the nationals only makeup 20% of the population, it is a place I would consider living in. When you are in a foreign land, it is inevitable you will encounter racism or xenophobia.

Blessed   

hence the islamic twist Che - to balance things out, you know Islam places an emphasises play till the age of 7? It's things like television, internet, time with friends and setting high standards that I like about tiger mums.

Guzel,

The UAE is great in many ways, but opportunities for expats are decreasing. Oman is similar - in fact Omanis are so humble and sweet, I felt very much at home in their land.

Wadani   

Mad_Mullah;959995 wrote:
Obsession? You're probably one of those Faraxs that can't wait for their kids to appear on World Star Hip Hop to prove how 'westernized' we've become. My father spend more than a decade in The Middle East, so did I. It's like saying London Malis are obsessed with UK/Canada etc.

U fail to realize ur talking to one of the most socially conservative people on this forum. Worldstar kulaha, loool. I guess according to ur simplistic binary view any somali who isnt infatuated with Arabs and their culture is thoroughly westernized. No where does it occur to u that we have our own distinct islamo-somali culture.

Mad_Mullah;959995 wrote:
You're probably one of those Faraxs that can't wait for their kids to appear on World Star Hip Hop to prove how 'westernized' we've become.

WIN STATEMENT. :D

wadani,

you've been dealt a crushing blow, inaar. :o

Wadani;960009 wrote:
U fail to realize ur talking to one of the most socially conservative people on this forum. Worldstar kulaha, loool. I guess according to ur simplistic binary view any somali who isnt infatuated with Arabs and their culture is thoroughly westernized. No where does it occur to u that we have our own distinct islamo-somali culture.

Our culture is more Islamic than the Arab culture (Jordan, Syria, Egypt etc.)

But obviously, it's unlikely that Somalia will improve so much that we will take our families there to live (except maybe Hargeisa). So we're talking about other countries.

Mombasa, and East Africa is a good option, but I don't trust the people. One small thing can escalate into Somalis being treated the same as in SA.

I remember when I lived in North Africa, they used to call people Ciyaal Suuq because they smoked cigarretes and Shiisha. That's a blessing compared to the UK.

Look outside at the upcoming generation of 16-year old Somalis. All wannabe gangsters, they've reached a stage in London where the madows that they are copying are scared of them (Woolwich, Camden etc.).

That basic walaalonimo is missing, that when you see a Somali you say Salam, here though, seeing a group of Somali youngsters means you might get robbed.

my son is in somalia now...Hes been there now for a year & 1/2...he likes it & enjoys staying with his grandpa. He has 3 goats that he takes care of and named one of them Obama!! lol. Smart kid. Hes speaking fluent somali now. I will only bring him back after he finishes his middle school in Berbera.

^ Tbh, that's Somaliland, a completely different story. With the way tribes are set set up unfortunately, living in another tribal area is like living in a different country, or most would prefer living in a different country rather than staying in someone else's area.

We all have this disease, first I was very happy when I saw Mogadishu being rebuilt and Somalis in Islii leaving Kenya for Xamar, but then I noticed that most of these people were HAG if not all of them.

Seems we didn't learn anything.

N.O.R.F   

^You seem to have everything worked out. Let me ask, how many of these places you've mentioned in this thread have you actually lived in?

Wadani   

Che -Guevara;960057 wrote:
^You were easily disarmed by the Mad Mullah:D

Im not motivated by ego.

N.O.R.F;960100 wrote:
^You seem to have everything worked out. Let me ask, how many of these places you've mentioned in this thread have you actually lived in?

I've lived in Egypt and Syria.

Alpha Blondy;959977 wrote:
they'll learn dirty somali insults and tribal slurs. my kids are home schooled and have very minimal interaction with the outside world.

You have kids? I thought you were thinking of getting married 4 months ago, which means if you did get married you can only be expecting since 9 months are not up kkk, mise waa 2nd wife AB-oow