Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mullah

Why I prefer my kids to grow up in the Middle East [video]

You see the kids growing up these days in the West.

They either lost it completely and start acting like Jamaicans or they go to the other extreme side and become Kebab supporters. Obviously there are some Somalis that are normal, but will their kids be? We see that the situation is getting worse and worse by every passing generation.

A time will come in the future where people won't speak Somali, won't go Masjid, won't have Daqqan and Deen.

That's why I prefer to let my kids and grandchildren live/grow up in a Muslim environment.

[This is of course if Somalia does not improve in the future, if it does, ofcourse I'd let them live there]

Worst you'll see in an Arab/Muslim country is this. Forgot this Daqan but kept his Deen.

Miyir   

Mad_Mullah;959366 wrote:
You see the kids growing up these days in the West.

They either lost it completely and start acting like Jamaicans or they go to the other extreme side and become Kebab supporters. Obviously there are some Somalis that are normal, but will their kids be? We see that the situation is getting worse and worse by every passing generation.

A time will come in the future where people won't speak Somali, won't go Masjid, won't have Daqqan and Deen.

That's why I prefer to let my kids and grandchildren live/grow up in a Muslim environment.

[This is of course if Somalia does not improve in the future, if it does, ofcourse I'd let them live there]

Worst you'll see in an Arab/Muslim country is this. Forgot this Daqan but kept his Deen.

I don't agree taking kids anywhere makes any difference how they turn out, if you decide to do that don't take them anywhere near M/E unless you want them to grow with low self-steam with slave mentality, take them to Africa they will turn out better to my experience.

Maaddeey   

^ You don't agree taking kids any where makes any difference and still you want him to take them to Africa?. contradiction?. :)

Miyir   

Miyir;959761 wrote:
I don't agree taking kids anywhere makes any difference how they turn out,
if you decide to do that don't take them
anywhere near M/E unless you want them to grow with low self-steam with slave mentality, take them to Africa they will turn out better to my experience.

Read again:cool:

Miyir   

Miyir;959761 wrote:
I don't agree taking kids anywhere makes any difference how they turn out, if you decide to do that don't take them anywhere near M/E
unless you want them to grow with low self-steam with slave mentality
, take them to Africa they will turn out better to my experience.

Read again! nothing to with religion im pointing out the culture in M/E.

First of all, Africa is a continent not a region like the M/E.

Secondly, and this is gonna sound racist, but you can't trust Africans. If with Africans you mean Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda etc.

Somali societies in the ME are overlooked, nobody notices them. We do get noticed in African countries. All it takes is one attack by Shabab and the local communities will be after us with machetes. We know what they are capable of.

As for the point of them having a slave mentality and having low self esteem, I don't agree with that. I think it's the complete opposite, they adapt and become arrogant themselves. I think that might be the case in KSA only. Not Egypt or UAE.

And saying it doesn't matter where you take them is BS. This isn't opinions, this is statistics, in the M/E and Africa or even Malaysia they don't have glorifying of thuggery, no 50 cent, no Qaal Shaykh Tupac Qaal...Here in the west they glorify gangs, act like Madows.

In the ME and Africa they know that if you don't have to steal you shouldn't, it's not classy. They don't get that you would settle in a society, looks at the top and the bottom, then copy the bottom in how they behave.

It's like going to Dubai and start acting like Pakistani worker.

+ This is pure statistics, looks at the number of Somalis in jail. Thousands in the west, a handful in other countries, and this handful got there due to corruption of the police, or them being illegal immigrants.

Mad_Mullah;959780 wrote:
First of all, Africa is a continent not a region like the M/E.

Secondly, and this is gonna sound racist, but you can't trust Africans. If with Africans you mean Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda etc.

Somali societies in the ME are overlooked, nobody notices them. We do get noticed in African countries. All it takes is one attack by Shabab and the local communities will be after us with machetes. We know what they are capable of.

As for the point of them having a slave mentality and having low self esteem, I don't agree with that. I think it's the complete opposite, they adapt and become arrogant themselves. I think that might be the case in KSA only. Not Egypt or UAE.

And saying it doesn't matter where you take them is BS. This isn't opinions, this is statistics, in the M/E and Africa or even Malaysia they don't have glorifying of thuggery, no 50 cent, no Qaal Shaykh Tupac Qaal...Here in the west they glorify gangs, act like Madows.

In the ME and Africa they know that if you don't have to steal you shouldn't, it's not classy. They don't get that you would settle in a society, looks at the top and the bottom, then copy the bottom in how they behave.

It's like going to Dubai and start acting like Pakistani worker.

+ This is pure statistics, looks at the number of Somalis in jail. Thousands in the west, a handful in other countries, and this handful got there due to corruption of the police, or them being illegal immigrants.

I agree with you regarding "the West" - although there are many Somalis who turn out exceptional, the vast majority don't.

re-Africa - yes I mean East Africa and specifically bringing up your kids where there are large Somali populations like Kenya and Ethiopia. Machete-wielding is not an every day affair, yes it does happen, but if someone took up a machete in South C, I would pick one up myself and it would be a machete-fest, we see who wins because South C and Jijgjiga and Eastleigh etc are as Somali as Mogadishu and Galkacyo.

I don't see why Somalis should behave like minorities in their own lands, they need to stand up, which they increasingly are. If you see the "machete" incident in Eastleigh, young Somalis picked up machetes and other crude weapons as well.

Not that I am advocating violence, just that it shows "we are here, this is our land as well and guess what, we ain't going nowhere so get used to it" message is sent loud and clear.

re-Arabs: perhaps my personal prejudice, but don't want to be called "ya donkey, blackey, whatever" by some pot-belied guy who thinks he is better than me.... Praise our co-religionists all you want, I ain't buying it, no siree!

Maaddeey   

Miyir;959778 wrote:
Read again! nothing to with religion im pointing out the culture in M/E.

Miyirka ma joogaa maanta?. Jimco waaye, Quraan akhriso!.

Juxa   

Good available, physically present parenting will do. Discipline, great expectation, encouragements also help

If you are lazy qashin self centred parent, nothing even Islamic environment will help