Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Koonfur Afrika - 1997

Wadani   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;959047 wrote:
Soomaalideena askarigii Mareykanka ahaa dhulka markaa ku jiid jiideynay, Soomaali dhan in wada caayo ma jeclaan lahayd? Waa maya.

Apples and oranges. That American soldier was an enemy combatant killed in a firefight. The Somali guy was an innocent man killed by xenophobic savages. The American soldier wan't stoned to death, he was already dead when his body was being dragged through the streets. The Somali man suffered a slow and painful death at the hands of subhaman excrements. No comparisons or moral parallels can be drawn here.

They dragged a dead body, cut into pieces to keep as a collectible. That was an ugly scene and unprecedented in Soomaali history, whether he was a soldier or not. That wasn't our dhaqan, plus it was un-Islamically immoral, too.

Wadani   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;959377 wrote:
They dragged a dead body, cut into pieces to keep as a collectible. That was an ugly scene and unprecedented in Soomaali history, whether he was a soldier or not. That wasn't our dhaqan, plus it was un-Islamically immoral, too.

I agree with u that it was wrong and against our dhaqan and diin, but I don't think the two situations are comparable.

I am not comparing, far from it. It is wrong to label all Reer Koonfur Afrika as savages as a result of this painful scene. The same way we didn't want others to assume we were barbarians back in '93.

By the way, I repeat how Koonfur Afrika government welcomed Soomaalida, where as their neighbours' soldiers jirdilaan Soomaali. Try getting or sneaking into Botiswaana or Angoola. Bilaa dalkugal la iskama tagi karo those countries as is Koonfur Afrika. Askartooda si xun dadka u dilo. The only southern African countries Soomaalida soo dhaweeyo waa Saambiya, Koonfur Afrika iyo sometimes Musambiik.