Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Lies!

NGONGE   

I am a man of tedious routine. I wake up, I go to work and I work. I then return home and spend my time with the family until it gets to bed time where I sleep only to wake up and go to work again. There are very few variations to this routine of mine. Of course, I may occasionally visit the parents or go on holiday. Sometimes, on weekends, I may go out to buy something or take the kids out. But, for the most part, my routine remains the same. Maybe in a few years time, when the kids are teenagers and can fend for themselves, I may decide to alter my routine a bit. But for now, it shall remain the same.

Therefore, when I happen to meet people, it is usually by chance and, normally, it would take place on my way from and to work. On such occasions, there isn’t much time for long conversations or sit downs. The whole meeting is hurried and, for my part, lacking of any boring details.

Many people argue that we all lie, all cheat and all exaggerate. Now, whilst I hope I don’t sound like an old man reminiscing of a lost childhood, let me tell you right here and now that I am not a liar. I am not saying that I have never been one I am simply stating that I am not a liar today. In fact, I remember the exact date and time when I decided to stop lying.

When I was twelve, I once went and spent my whole day in the local market. I wasn’t a man of tedious routine back then and would go wherever my fancy would take. So, it was the local market I went to that day, even though my parents have warned me about spending time in that area. I wasn’t a bad kid, a pickpocket or one of those feral children that hang around street corners all day. I was a good kid who did well in school and always had respect for his elders. But the hustle and bustle of the local market fascinated me and I enjoyed watching people haggle for goods, pedestrians argue over space and cars hooting for no reason at all. I also liked talking to random strangers or giving directions to those who were lost.

On the day I decided to stop lying and when I got back home from an eventful day at the market, my parents were waiting for me. My siblings were all there but more importantly, three female friends of my sisters were also there. As a red blooded twelve year old boy, it will not come as a surprise to anyone to hear that I was in love with all these three girls. So, when my parents cornered me as I entered the house and started asking questions about my whereabouts on that memorable day, I panicked and I lied. Yet, they kept firing more questions at me and dissecting my replies until I finally stood there, before them, before my siblings and before the three objects of my affections, totally disarmed and stripped down with the naked truth.

To say that I was ashamed, mortified and embarrassed is an understatement. However, that was not the only emotion I felt at the time. The overriding emotion I had was anger. I didn’t like being caught out in such an amateurish way and with such a small lie. I didn’t like my younger siblings, my sisters and my harem to see that I was a liar, even if I really were one.

That was the day and reason I decided to stop lying. At first, being a naive twelve year old, I stopped lying about everything and I told the truth all the time. But then, as I started to grow and mature, I began to know the difference between real big lies and tiny white lies. When someone asked me how I was doing, twelve year old me would tell the truth even if I were having a really bad day. When my mother asked me if I liked her food, I’d scowl and tell her the truth, even if she spent hours in the kitchen making it. Now, with age and experience, I know that my wife’s (and mother’s) cooking is the best in the world. I know that the ugly scribbles my son made on that piece of white paper is as good as a Picasso or a Van Gogh. I know that life is great, even when it isn’t. In fact, these small lies come to me very naturally now and have become so automated that I hardly realise when I am doing them. Yet, I am not a liar and I never tell big lies that may come back and embarrass me like they did twelve year old me.

As a result and going back to me randomly meeting people on my way from and to work, I often find myself uttering one of those tiny lies to them. After all, I am a man of tedious routine and I already know that any promises I make to these people about meeting them or phoning them in the near future are not likely to come true. But, it’s only a small white lie; like the beauty of my son’s paintings or my wife’s amazing cooking skills.

I don’t tell lies, I am simply polite.

raula   

waryaahe NG, waxaad tahay waan ku og'nahee maad naga dheysid beenta aad meesha soo koobte ? :D

So you did quit the Shiisha eh? Btw did that neighbor of yours still loughs at you when you take the phone outside?lol Maybe it's time you tell him the true nature of those calls ;)

Yunis   

NGONGE;958837 wrote:
,,..When my mother asked me if I liked her food, I’d scowl and tell her the truth, even if she spent hours in the kitchen making it. Now, with age and experience,
I know that my wife’s (and mother’s) cooking is the best in the world

^;);)The advice is to take that heartburn on a plate with a little lie miyaa?., I once tried excusing myself from the table. a big mistake which I never attempted again...

NGONGE   

GT, I know smoke the electronic ones. :D

Yunis, if you want an easy life you always have to lie when it comes to food, decorations and any issue where a woman is fishing for a compliment.

Abtigiis   

Ngonge, I listened a program about lies and the human propensity to tell them this week on the BBC. It is amazing how we are oblivious to the countless small lies we say every minute. I have since started trying to monitor each word I say including saying "maya, I am not busy. Waan yar caajisan ahay..." when the caller on the other end inquires, "ma busy baad tahay, arin baan rabay inaan kuu sheegee".

Yunis   

NG - unlike you a dynosource(marriage wise);) - Some of us are new to it(few months in) I came to discovered one thing in order for that relationship to work and to find that easy and loving relationship, marriage is about both people having the same focus, and that focus is her

^^newbie :D :D

Marriage is about security for her, for you it must be about investment. You got that understood and agreed, you will live happy ever after

ps. I am senior to NGONGE when it comes these stuff, so take it from me

NGONGE   

Congratulations, Yunis. You sound like you'll have yourself a long and very blessed marraige, saaxib.

A&T, those small lies are what'll get us in the end.

wyre   

any1 who says he doesn't lie, even if he is big known sheikh, he is a lier,

anigu been badan baan sheegaa kolley :D

Showqi   

Wyre, beenta badan qaras ayaa laga qadaa. Laakiin sheeko walba oo aad shegeyso in aad inyar oo cusbo/milix ah ku darto waa lagama maarmaan.

Yunis   

Xiin, and I only knew you as political spin maestro;) but, that is a sound Advice...

NG - thanks sxb Insha Allah khayr. Igu halee stroking those tiny white lies until the very end.

raula   

^^:D

NG-get out of town waryaa :D

Yunis, don't loose sight of who's on top of that food chain, it'll make your life a lot easier to manage...... ee sida ula soco :D Congrats.

PS: coming soon, sometime in the fall i hope IA, i'll be opening a match making site ee sida ula socda, otherwise, i am thinking of URUR dumareed. More to come IA