Sign in to follow this  
QansaxMeygaag

Things I LOVE about Somalis

I've had enough about people dissing Somalis - including our own self-dissing.

So what do SOLers love about our people?

My heart melts when a sister - here any Somal girl - calls me "abboowe"; something magical about the word.

Juxa   

I love the fact any home you visit, you hear ' gabadha ukeena cuno'. The hospitality and the deeqsinimo

what can i say i am dhuuni:)

Abtigiis   

This does not concern the westernized, but how easily we trust each other back home. Is aaminaada waxaan ka wadaa ma hebel baa hoo bahashaa hebel u gee; ..............Daahiroow, wiil caata ah oo muraayad dhinac ka jaban gashan baan kuugu soo diibeey alaabti! :D

Aaliyyah   

LOOL @Abtigiis. I remember being told a story that one of my uncles as a child gave away an item that belonged to my ayeeyo. He gave it to some random lady and asked her to deliver it to his mother (my ayeeyo). That was the last time it was seen LOL..Laakin waan kugu raacsanahay soomaalidu way is aaminta inta badana wax xun kama dhaco.

Anuu Somalida sida horay losoo shegay waa dad dhaqan wacan oo deeqsi, wa dad iskuso dhoweysta somalinimo. I was visiting someone a while back in the hospital and I remember a Somali woman met me by chance and right away she asked me who am I visiting? what room are they in etc...? I did not know her yet I was at ease to tell her everything she asked including the room number. Within few hours she was with us reading Quran and what not. Somaalinimo waa priceless walee. I love my people.

Always ready to help - a sister ones sat with me outside the ICU of a hospital to console and keep me company. We had never met before. Generosity at its best.

Many Somali guys on SOL are very witty and sharp as a knife e.g. Apophis and Chimera ;) Big up! That's one positive stereotype I'd welcome any day!

Our connectivity. Compare how active this forum is to those of nationalities much larger than our own.

Tallaabo;958825 wrote:
Our bad characteristics far outweigh the good ones.

Even so, there is no harm done by praising what's good.