Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

The Mid-Year Review

nuune   

^^ Have you seen that person in the UK who won the Euro Million of 95 Million Euro last Friday, for goodness sake, he or she will do nothing because that person is already in his 80s and single with no family and is in nursing home, waa lacag qasaartey eheheh

nuune   

95 million for a nursing home unless you want to convert it into a space center launch pad

wyre   

Fail Fail Fail and Fail, Fail in everything soomaah,

“ regrets are an excuse for people who have failed.”

Nuune, that person will be robed and killed at the same time, allow yaa aniga lacagtaas isiiya, meel duur ah baan magaalo ka dhisaayaa Somalia ayaan u bixinaayaa 100 qoys oo somali ah na waan usoo raraayaa :D

Mostly my tribe :D

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;957516 wrote:

14. get married.
SUCCESSFUL

I missed this when I skimmed the posts. So who's the unlucky girl? :)

Just one - read 20 books about Somalia/Somalis starting with Richard Burton's First Footsteps to the latest. Left with just one, Dr Hawa Abdi's biography.

Maybe my next target should be to write one myself...

Tallaabo   

Alpha Blondy;958289 wrote:
^ you think i'm going to discuss my privates affairs on a public forum. there's a lot y'all don't know about Al.
:P

We know about:

1. the maids

2. the office

3. the garden

4. tolka (Carafaat, JB)

5. immigration status (deported from Britain but still illegal in SL)

6. the milk

7. the project (library)

8. mental state (pre-mid-life crisis)

9. physical appearance (Hobbit like feet)

10. shoes (kuwii masaajidada Hargaysa laga xaday)

11. music (the whole of Youtube:mad:)

Ibtisam   

I can't believe it is half a year so far-

1- Make an effort with people in Somaliland and be nice- Fail

2- Work less and play more- Fail

3- Finish planning my move to South East Asia- somewhat although dates fuzzy

4- Make some investments and saving for my move- Somewhat

5- Decide about my phd- pushing back

6- Submit one chapter of my book to publisher- fail- need to write it first!

Yiiiks

Juxa   

1- Make effort and keep in touch with my nearest and dearest = 2 calls and one email made sofar

2- Work contracted hours =fair

3- Stop working weekends = getting there

4- Join Gym = Success then quit after the first day

5- Travel more = somewhat

6- Go to Hajj = Working on it

7- Retire (hihi ha iga qoslin baa la igu yiri)

Safferz   

*bump*

As of tomorrow, it's three months + 1 day until 2014! A perfect 12 weeks. It's an entire quarter of a year. A lot can happen.

How are things going three quarters into 2013? Any plans/goals to accomplish in the next three months?

Khadafi   

Safferz, This year went extremely fast ( hopefully these three months) will save us all. Of all these things on my list it's only number 1 I think I still have some tme to do a turn over :). By the way Yaanan liga nixin becouse of the many failure. Caajisnimada wallaahi waa shay qatar :D But who knows, Ilaahay haduu na gaarsiiyo 2014 will be year of the CHANGE.

1:Lose some weight (Failed miserably)

2: Return to the books and begin research on pharmacokinetics, (Failed, after 4 ,5 years studies in pharmacology I simply did not have the interest

3: Make a trip to Somalia and see whats happening their: Failed, I dont want to get shot or die, been yaanan lisku sheegin, nafta waan jeclahay

4: Quit smoking: Succsess/Failure, well I stopped smoking but ended up with using swedish tubaako, same shit

5: Start walking at least 1 km twice a week: Failed, Waaba sii caajisay, I dont even want to walk to the bus station

Safferz   

Sorry Khadafi! There's still time, think positive :) Now to review my resolutions again (red was my mid-year update, will do this review in blue)...

Safferz;957506 wrote:

1) distance myself from or cut off unhealthy/toxic people -
yes
;
still staying strong and continuing to surround myself with great people/positivity
:)

2) get my summer body back -
LOLOLOL
;
on it! not in time for summer 2013 unfortunately, but since getting back from Ethiopia I've totally transformed my eating habits and I'm back to working out 5-6x a week after a year or so of being pretty inactive. currently considering joining a Crossfit box...

3) get an oud and learn to play -
working on it
;
was working on getting one, which still hasn't happened. will look into it but I'm less interested these days.

4) overall commitment to self-care (ie. sleep 8 hours a night, drink more water, etc) -
somewhat
;
YES!

5) cook more often -
fail
;
hell yes, #2,4,5 all sort of fell into place together. I've only bought two meals in the last 6 weeks or so.

6) host people for get togethers at my apartment more often -
somewhat
;
no, I've become a antisocial recluse since going back to school this fall, too busy preparing for my comprehensive exams.

7) use reference management software to keep track of my reading and citations -
fail
;
fail

8) win at least one research grant to travel this summer -
BALLIN'
;
so that trip is over, but I'm currently working on a few other grant applications due this fall and should hear back about in the spring *fingers crossed*

9) start training for a half-marathon in spring 2014 -
to be resumed after epic research trip
;
so now that I'm running again, I'm planning to enter the draw for the Nike Women's half in DC in April, and if not, will be doing the Goodlife Fitness half in Toronto in May
:)

Safferz   

Apophis;980598 wrote:
All done and more. A strong mind and will makes everything possible.

PS: to the fatties, no amount of gyming will cut that blubber. Start by being less gluttonous and eat no more than 1 or 2 meals a day.

Some of us have actual fitness goals (building/maintaining muscle and endurance, improving cardiovascular health, speed, etc) that you can't achieve with the starvation diet of a skinny Faarax like yourself. You impress no one with your negativity.

Safferz   

Apophis;980603 wrote:
OK fattie, rationalise it which ever way hides the reality.

Just trying to add to my finisher medal collection, dear :)

2d6qdra.jpg