Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Khaatumo men most unromantic, a new research says

Wadani   

xiinfaniin;957490 wrote:
Haatu, your knowledge of Somali clans could be forgiven for obvious reasons, but the Garaad clan are my favorite when it comes the rich history they had, and the political stance they once took to confront the invading colonial forces .
Wadanis, DOCs, just like Oodweyne's were mere translators and guides at that time
. Ali would have turned in his grave at the sight of Wadani and DOC trying to rewrite history
:D
:D

The poem you referenced is out of context.

Aduunyo

Yes, mere guides though it was Burco that gave birth to the Daraawiish movement, with 4 of it's 5 early leaders being from durriyadda, most notable among them being the Suldaan of the H.Y.

I guess we were just mere guides too when Koofil was killed by Daraawiish from the Durriyadda as he attempted, with his army of 300 Khaatumites, to retrieve the looted camels of a certain khaatumite clan.

I guuss we were boot-shining when the 2 of the 3 places to be bombed by the Biritsh were in Durriyad territory, namely Jibali and Midhisho.

I am proud that many Khaatumite clans (not all, many were anti daraawiish, including ur favourite poet Cali Dhuux) fought bravely against the saancaddaale. Y can't u Xiin, do the same, and stop speading lies against an entire clan?

History is all Somalis have left, so I cant just sit around when others try to sh*t on mine.

Saalax   

Wadani I am disappointed in you niyohow Why would you let someone whose whole Sultan was a British lackey try lLecture you about this history? Sultan Mohamud Ali Shire, the supreme Sultan of the Makhir group at that time Who invited the British to Laas Qoray for protection since the Dervish movement nearly annihilated the people there. After the British couldn't find no use for him anymore they discharged him and imprisoned him with Shackles, shipping him to the Seychelles, where some of his grandchildren are there today, some are not even Muslims anymore.

Mohamud Ali Shire receiving the medal of Lackey from the Queen.

NxEZimH.jpg

Saalax   

You were talking about your group but you lack knowledge of who was lackey in regards to others. Many Khaatumo and Maakhir groups Were British lackies , including their Sultans. The most preferred Ilalos/Guards and Spies of the British were from Khaatumo.

^^Si aan bahasha u qurxinno , oo aysan tiinnii ugu ekaan, bal aan mariyo gabaygii Cabdi Gahayr, a poet from the triangle to his beloved wife .

It was the height of British colony in Somaliland (1940s) and Cabdi Gaheyr like many Somalis was an avid follower of the efforts to liberate the country from colonial powers. His wife who obviously was more interested in the bling-bling aspect of life, asked him for jewelery. She asked for a gold necklace to be sure (or so was the narrative), and she insisted upon it. Abdi Gaheyr, a gifted poet, saw an opportunity to mix romance with a yearn for a freedom. In essence, he wanted to say no but not out of love but the tough economics of the time as the result of the colonial wars was the reason.

Ina Cumar Qadhoonlaay adduun qaala bixin waaye

Qasnadaha raggii keydsan jiray qaarbaa tuugsade

Ingiriisba laga qaad dhulkuu qaybta ku lahaaye

Qoorigii Zuways baa qaylayaashiisu kama qamaadaane

Qarka wuxuu la meermeerayaa waa rag soo qaxaye

Naa diyaaraduhu waa qayla doon qoorta marayaaye

Adigaaba qalab doonayee :D quusay faransiise

When the British administrators of Hargeysa heard the poem, they understood Abdi Gahayr's angle, that his verses were more than a reply to a whining wife of his but more political in nature as he used them to inform the masses that a major events had taken place in the world as the world war 2 was coming to an end.

Those verses won him a tour to Zuways or so goes the story ..

DOC, and Wadani happy now :D :D ?

Wadani   

Saalax;957500 wrote:
You were talking about your group but you lack knowledge of who was lackey. Many Khaatumo and Maakhir groups

Were British lackies , including their Sultans. The most preferred Ilalos/Guards/Spies of the British were from Khaatumo.

Whoa...chill there. No need to call me ignorant, especially when it's u who misunderstood the obvious sarcasm in my post. I was expaining to Xiin that history isn't black and white, and that entire sections of the SNM clan were Daraawiish, just like entire section from the Khaatumites and other D-block were fiercely anti-Daraawiish. And this whole notion of being lackeys for the British is nonsense...there was no somali clan that loved the Saancaddaale. They were either overpowered by them into submission or they used them for protection and aid against rival clans.

Saalax   

My point is simple. You don't have to be on the defensive from someone whose whole Sultan was a British lackey that was shipped to Seychelles of our Xiinfaniin here. Just remind them many of them were British lackies and if historic sources dating to the 19th -20th century are needed , it shall be posted. All in all, be on the offensive not defensive.

Wadani   

Saalax;957503 wrote:
My point is simple. You don't have to be on the defensive from someone whose whole Sultan was a British lackey that was shipped to Seychelles of our Xiinfaniin here. Just remind them many of them were British lackies and if historic sources dating to the 19th century are needed , it shall be posted. All in all, be on the offensive not defensive.

lool, I catch ur drift. But I wouldn't be on the offensive nor defensive if they would only stick to actual credible history and not the twisted and fantastical kacaan renditions of Aw jaamac Siciid and Faarax Idaajaa.

Odey   

Cajiib!, oo hada ma taariikhdii caanka aheed ee darawiishta ayaad rabtaan in aad sheegataan?, oo waliba reerkii dhiiga iyo wiilashooda u

hurey ee reer khaatumo tiraahdaan waa jaajusiin idinkoo dhamaantiinba idin dhashay boqorada ingiriiska inkasto aanu weli raadinayno cidi

idinka dhashay?. Saxiibayaal masajidka ciyaarta ka daaya!

raula   

chicken la qaado mise la xambarsado waxba ma taryso..hadii aad romantic isku sheygeysaan car waa kii toreyda la goyaa hal mar (intuu bisinka ula qabto..)chicken kaa (wan-qal camal) -I think this is the kind of romantisim that IBTI is talking about (maybe). EXCEPT NUUNE only (waa markuu qaruumaha saaran yihiin :)

Liibaan   

Saalax;957473 wrote:
Weaker clan? Is that why Oodweyne's people looted thousands of Khaatumo camels in the battle of Hogaagane

and even allegedly Women? or perhaps when Igare took their livestock with many of his Burco kins in

the Haud.
;)

D.O.C;957482 wrote:
Sheekadii Saalax Iyo xiinfiniin baa fadhataystay.....wadani wuu nacamleeyey, waar geel lakala qaaday iyo dad islaama oo la laayey faan malaha. To recap the story update for you guys we have been discussing about the lack of romance endured our khatumite brothers nothing more nothing less.

D.O.C;957482 wrote:
waar geel lakala qaaday iyo dad islaama oo la laayey faan malaha.

Hadii intaa soomaali fahmi laheyd, midnimo, horumar iyo nabad ayee ummada soomaaliyeed heli lahayd

Taariikhda sida siyaasada khilaaf weyn ayaa ka jira, markaa reerba berihore geel dhacay iyo dad islaama la laayey waa sheeko xariir, macno badan ma sameenaso.

And I don't understand why is it so necessary to turn every discussion into Khaatumo vs Somaliland ?

Abdul   

Odey;957539 wrote:
Cajiib!, oo hada ma taariikhdii caanka aheed ee darawiishta ayaad rabtaan in aad sheegataan?, oo waliba reerkii dhiiga iyo wiilashooda u

hurey ee reer khaatumo tiraahdaan waa jaajusiin idinkoo dhamaantiinba idin dhashay boqorada ingiriiska inkasto aanu weli raadinayno cidi

idinka dhashay?. Saxiibayaal masajidka ciyaarta ka daaya!

+1000

Wadani;957494 wrote:
Yes, mere guides though it was Burco that gave birth to the Daraawiish movement, with 4 of it's 5 early leaders being from durriyadda, most notable among them being the Suldaan of the H.Y.

I guess we were just mere guides too when Koofil was killed by Daraawiish from the Durriyadda as he attempted, with his army of 300 Khaatumites, to retrieve the looted camels of a certain khaatumite clan.

I guuss we were boot-shining when the 2 of the 3 places to be bombed by the Biritsh were in Durriyad territory, namely Jibali and Midhisho.

I am proud that many Khaatumite clans (not all, many were anti daraawiish, including ur favourite poet Cali Dhuux) fought bravely against the saancaddaale. Y can't u Xiin, do the same, and stop speading lies against an entire clan?

History is all Somalis have left, so I cant just sit around when others try to sh*t on mine.

Add to that Funny thread Darawwiish were a qabill fighting for a qabill cause controlled by a qabiil only on SOL:D

The islamic jihadists of the early 20th century were like the current Alshabaab hated from all corners and in their early stage they were liked because the brits were new to the land and the Somalis were unfamiliar with the brits so the struggle became popular and many started joining from burco to the hawd region. Similar when ICU/ shabaab were liked. Because every stage they had supporters from one corner and enemies in other parts. For example the dhagaxbuur clan tried to ambush him just before the struggle even started because the mullah claimed the throne and said that he will be the leader. Since the Mullah was a laangaab compared to the dhagaxbuur community they dismissed him first and tried to assassinate him later on, the poor fella fled to Burco on his way he met the great Sultan Diiriye of hargeisa and he said that he had an idea to fight the brits, and he told Sultan Diiriye that he saw white men in berbera Sultan Diiriye said they were there for decades have u never seen them in Aden and berbera,Sultan diiriye said they are in bebera but in the interior we dont see them.He eventually ended up in burco where he fell in the middle of clanish political dispute between two Burco Sultans each one of them claiming the throne. One Sultan being very anti English who fought the Brits on many occasions between 1893 until 1898 as he raided many British caravans.

He Sultan nur welcomed the Mullah and started the start capital for the struggle and when Sultan nur and close to 500 horse men paraded at Burco, the other sultan crowned him to as the Sultan. And the Mullah and The Sultan traveled to Oodweyne where they set up their camp. The Mullah would later make a poem about that particular event. When Much later in 1911 Haji Ahmed warsame the first commander of the dervishes suggested to the Mullah to raid the Oodweyne clan and take their stock. The Mullah on his turn composed poem saying no Haji Sudi we will for now not raid the oodweyne clan but will raid the Nugaal clan. Because the late sultan saved his life and stood by him when he had no where to go and started funding the dervish movement with camels and horses.But the dervishes couldn't care less about clan they raided all the clans equally they didn't spare any one from 1909 until 1914 they would raid all the clans of the sool region plundering villages taking their stock.These dervish guys were hard core islamic militants their phrases were Darwiish Saalixi and Jihaad fisabililah. And who rejected their agenda was a kafir they were takfiries.

At a point many clans in sool were almost starved to death and all of them fled to the colonial capital of Somaliland berbera and the brits had to distribute food to them. The same with Mr Ali shireh of eastern sanaag he initially started supporting the Mullah welcoming them in badhan and wedding his sister of to the Mulllah. But When the Mullah started to undermine him and appointed his former rivals Ibrahim boghul as governors of Sanaag. Ibrahim boghul was from ceelafweyn. And Sultan Ali shireh was feuding with Sheikh ibrahim boghul and his brother for years. So Ali shireh switched allegiances and joined the Colonial tribal forces and started purchasing more rifles and started fighting the dervishes on all fronts.

And around 1914 the Big beards of erigavo under the leadership of a fella called Ali darwiish started joining the dervish in numbers and started raiding the Maakhir clans using dervish arms and the bari clans. Most of the aristocrats of Buhoodle rejected the Mullah agenda from Ali dhuux , ducaale fagaase the most feared man in the late 19 century in Buhoodle and the early 20th century.The Mullah send his maternal uncles to Kill Ducaale fagaase but he survived. The same with the clans of the garaad clan in Nugaal Garaad ali was allegedly assassinated by the Mullah. The other most influential man nuur xidig from Xudun who shot the mullahs uncle in the eyes joined the Colonial Tribal forces to fight against the dervishes at the last battle. But that doesn't mean the garaad clan didn't support the Mullah they did many of them followed the man until he fled to Iimeey. But also they suffered the most because they could not defend themselves from the raids of the dervishes and those raids were a catastrophe for the garaad clan.The Pirates next to them were lucky although the raids the dervishes launched against them were as destructive but atleast they could defend themselves from the Mullah Boqr osman purchased allot of rifles from the Italians and the Brits in Yemen. In conclusion darwiish history was really being glorified during the kacaan regime of Muhammad siad bare and was given a clanish twist. So thats why we have clanish zealots claiming that the darwish islamists were a clan:D

Taleexi   

To the sick secessionist sect. Let the thread takes its course, don't kill the artistic aspect of it prematurely with your nuances :). And for the record, Darvishes were not only one clan's struggle.