Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Khaatumo men most unromantic, a new research says

Safferz   

D.O.C;957465 wrote:
I guess that is less than one sentence regarding to Mosquitos affairs.......mr burton talked about ***, ****** etc and then described them into details and subsections. Even specific tradition each clans posses hope you finished the whole saffy;)

Of course. I'm just remarking on the type of gaze this man had towards Somalis and their beliefs and practices.

D.O.C   

Safferz;957467 wrote:
Of course. I'm just remarking on the type of gaze this man had towards Somalis and their beliefs and practices.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooool I agreed with you saffy...

Saalax   

Weaker clan? Is that why Oodweyne's people looted thousands of Khaatumo camels in the battle of Hogaagane

and even allegedly Women? or perhaps when Igare took their livestock with many of his Burco kins in

the Haud. ;)

Aaliyyah   

Safferz;957462 wrote:
He called Somalis s.tupid for believing malaria is carried by mosquitos in that book
, I don't believe that racist voyeur is the best source
:P

He sounds like an intelligent man to use as a source LOL

Wadani   

Saalax;957473 wrote:
Weaker clan? Is that why Oodweyne's people looted thousands of Khaatumo camels in the battle of Hogaagane

and even allegedly Women? or perhaps when Igare took their livestock with many of his Burco kins in

the Haud.
;)

The biggest raid in Somali history. 60, 000 heads of camels, goats/sheep and horses. It was called 'Hagoogane', because nimankii oo kibir awgii la hagoogtay ayaa soo noqday. :D.

^^History has never been on your side when it comes raiding camels and tribal wars. The Garaad clan is by far the most lethal in that profession :D

The 'hagoog' swagger was always for Ali's clan ---here below hear it from the man himself

Qarafa awra ah kama sooraraan, qaran ********e

Qawad laabta joogiyo xarago, lama qammaadaane

Intay qam isku siiyaan hagoog, qabay masheegtaane ---this is the hagoog we are talking about , it is a sign of nomadic superiority

Dhalinyaro qabiibi ahi fardaha, kuma qadhaabtaane

Sange qaarar weyn iyo darmaan, qooqin ma hayaane,

Ashkir qaayib iyo xamar qoodh qabiyo, qalas ma fuulaane

Baroor qadan leh oo aad midabka, qad iyo laasmoodo

Qolqol uma dhisaan geed intay, qun ugu waabaane

Qol kujire qasaaraha rogaal, uma qalqaalaane

Intay qoorta kaga weeciyaan, kuma qateeyaane

Hadba qolo intay weeraraan, kagama qayshaane ---here is a description of what happens when Ali's Garaad clan raid Oodweyne :D

Waalagu quwayn jiray bahday, qaabka boolida e :D

Qaankiisa oo tuban hadii, la qoodeeyo waa geele

Qaynuun amaan duule iyo, qarad masoocdaane here is the culture of booli and its rules ...

Apologies for Abtigiis and SOL readership for going on a tangent and digressing from the Khaatumo romance and love stories

But separatist kids who have been equipped with wrong geography and history needs to be responded to at times :D

D.O.C   

Sheekadii Saalax Iyo xiinfiniin baa fadhataystay.....wadani wuu nacamleeyey, waar geel lakala qaaday iyo dad islaama oo la laayey faan malaha. To recap the story update for you guys we have been discussing about the lack of romance endured our khatumite brothers nothing more nothing less.

Haatu   

xiinfaniin;957434 wrote:
Abtigiis,

In defense of Khatumo men regarding their romantic styles or lack thereof, here is a poem by non other than Ali Adan (Ali Dhuh),
the poet of poets in his era.

Surely there were others better than him Xiin. For why would anyone other than one who's been defeated (gabay-wise) utter these words:

Gunbaan ahay ganbo cad baan xidhnahay, iyo gar naagoode

Gashaantimaha sidoodoo kalaan, guur u sugayaaye

Anigiyo hablaha loo galmoodo, waan gudboonahaye

Jeeroon ganboolka iska rido, guudka iga saaran

Ogaa.deenka noo soo gabyow, waa gar xaajaduye

:D

Wadani   

xiinfaniin;957479 wrote:
Apologies for Abtigiis and SOL readership for going on a tangent and digressing from the Khaatumo romance and love stories

But separatist kids who have been equipped with wrong geography and history needs to be responded to at times
:D

I won't entertain your revisionist historical hallucinations, though I will concede, as it's in my just nature to do so, that the Khaatumites were of an equal pedigree to the Durriyad when it came to the regional sport of all pastoral Somalis.

Haatu   

Wadani;957484 wrote:
I won't entertain your revisionist historical hallucinations, though I will concede, as it's in my just nature to do, that the Khaatumites were of an equal pedigree to the Durriyad when it came to the regional sport of all pastoral Somalis.

Remember this, if one Somali tribe was stronger/better than another Somali tribe, then why does the supposed "weaker" tribe exist today? What I'm trying to say is Soomaali ma kala adka. Everything else has been finished by DOC.

Wadani   

Haatu;957485 wrote:
Remember this, if one Somali tribe was stronger/better than another Somali tribe, then why does the supposed "weaker" tribe exist today? What I'm trying to say is Soomaali ma kala adka. Everything else has been finished by DOC.

Yes, this is true for the most part.

Saalax   

Wadani not only that but many more, the raids inflicted on the Khaatumo clan were written in British history archives.

Haji Musa Farab ISO also known Igare of the western Burco community causing a devastating raid on Khaatumos

and the Mad Mullah. Looting thousands of livestock. :D

;98 wrote:

"A remarkable somali , Risaaldr Major Haji Musa Farah led a Somali army of 450 rifles a hundred mile across the Waterless Haud, picking up some five thousand local tribesmen on his way, attacking the Dervish camps and capturing several thousand camels and Sheep. This triumph was a blow to the sayyid, as his forces moved always with their families and depended on their livestock meat and milk."

Book:Heart of a Stranger.

VSmNczj.jpg

Haatu, your knowledge of the history of Somali clans could be forgiven for obvious reasons, but the Garaad clan are my favorite when it comes the rich history they had, and the political stance they once took to confront the invading colonial forces . Wadanis, DOCs, just like Oodweyne's, were mere translators and guides at that time. Ali would have turned in his grave at the sight of Wadani and DOC trying to rewrite history :D :D

The poem you referenced is out of context.

I am out lest I am accused of being unromantic --a thing I am very good @ , have been since my days at Makiinada Cajiinka , anaa gabdhaha cajiinka u qaadi jiray, hadhown tumun xalwo ah ugadi jiray, ciyaalkan xunka ee moolasha wareega baa raba maantay inaay romance nooga sheekeeyaan

Aduunyo