Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Khaatumo men most unromantic, a new research says

Aaliyyah   

warsamaale;957354 wrote:
well said Aaliyah,
D.O.C waa ka ugu af xun secessionists SOL soo gala
those insults betray his inner insecurity and inferiority vis-a-vis the said people. hence the need to boost his ego constantly through his crude posts.

Somalidu waxay ku maahmaahda af xumo nabad bay ka kaxeesa colaadna wax kama tarto.

Abtigiis,

In defense of Khatumo men regarding their romantic styles or lack thereof, here is a poem by non other than Ali Adan (Ali Dhuh), the poet of poets in his era. As the era of Darwishes come to an end, and British colony tightened its control in British Somaliland, Ali's sub clan (Reer A* Geri) saw their fortunes diminish as their stature and standing within the Hawd community declined . As time passed by, Ali's wife begun to feel the receding power and diminishing value of the man she is married to, and started questioning him about this and that.

Ali Dhuh, after putting up with his wife's whining and grumble for some time, decided to paint a historical picture for her about his sub clans. What followed was one of the most interesting poems Ali ever composed. In it is the description of the villages and settlements he once ruled and lived, the raids his subclan used to organize, the camels they wrestlled from the weaker (Oodweyne's clan), neighboring clans etc. But also in the poem is a beautiful illustration of how Ali and the youth of his clan used to date girls , the hitting-on and chasing the skirts so to speak and nomadic, romantic tales of Hawd.

Snippets of Ali's qaafleey ;

Qoda Dhagaxley qooriga Haye iyo, tuban Qalaalkeeda

Qotankii Yamayskiyo kobtaan, qadow ku beeraynay

Nimankii qusuusiga ahaa, Qoran madaajaane

Qaandhaawadii kuma lisaan, qamaca jiilaale

Qorog buuxa agaan qafilan, qabaxsan maayaane

Qiyaas caanaheeda oo dhanaan, kuma quraacdaane

Qol dugsoon intay jiifsadaan, qabay ma fuulaane

Qadhyad gabadh ah qaalida waheen, lama qadeeyaan e

Intay qalab magaalo u xidhaan, kula ma qooqaane :D

Qarashyaalihii lama dhacaan, qirada :D fiiqnaaye

Qosolkii iyo haasaawihii, ku qarxinmaayaane

In the concluding verses Ali directly addresses his wife and tells her like it is: we were once the kings and princes of Hawd valley , he says, but today our status speaks for our situation. Read the quran and supplicate to your Lord for all you have is ME and Abdi :D :D

Naag yahay aduun iga qariban, quusna waan ahaye

Qab baa madaxa kaa buuxa oo, waad qadhaadhahaye

Waxaan la qar wayaa laylka dhexe, qoomamo iyo ciile

Ragii aniga ila qayr ahaa, qoladii Reer Jaamac

Qormadaad ogeyd baan lashiray, amase qoorwaaye

Qabiilkii ku guursaday lamadhi, Qoonkii Reer Gorode

Maantana qudhayda iyo Cabdoo, Qaawan baa hadhaye

Qarigii ********ka yaal, qaraxii Doofaare

****** qareen kama dhigteen, qaatay halihiiye

Hadba qolo waxaan ula degaa, waa qariibnimo e

Qalbi hadii aad leedahay asaad, qaadan taladayda

Qaydada Ilaahay kutimid, Qaadir taladiisa

Qawlkii Rasuulkiyo sharciga, hays qilaafina e

Qaatumadu yay kaa xumaan, qirada diineede

Qaybtaadii soo laasataye, qaafku dhigo looxa :D :D

Johnny B   

I do agree with the results of this reasearch and i may go further and say the Men from the triangle are not far behind the khatumites in that regard, all according to my x girlfriends. :D

Seriously though,We Somalis are the most romantic, no people are so full of exaggeration or fanciful inventions as we Somalis, but treating our girls with ardor or chivalrousness is wholly different ball game, and for a good reason.

Who on earth can romace someone who will call her family if you ask for any other position than the misionary in bed?

Abtigiis   

Qol dugsoon intay jiifsadaan, qabay ma fuulaane

Qadhyad gabadh ah qaalida waheen, lama qadeeyaan e

Intay qalab magaalo u xidhaan, kula ma qooqaane

Qarashyaalihii lama dhacaan, qirada fiiqnaaye

Qosolkii iyo haasaawihii, ku qarxinmaayaane

:D :D this, while poetry at its best in no way contradicts the findings of the research.; for the research did not claim Khaatumo men are impotent! It said they are unromantic ; which seems to be confirmed by Cali's "qaybtaadi soo laasataye, qaaf ku dhigo looxa". :D

:D :D :DQaybtaadi soo laasataye, qaaf ku dhigo looxa

But in fairness, Ali's verses must be examined in the context of a 60 year old woman asking for more

Abtigiis   

Johnny B;957447 wrote:

Who on earth can romace someone who will call her family if you ask for any other position than the misionary in bed?

:D :D :D :D :D

Or slap unsuspecting child and force him to go to bed ahead of schedule just to alert the man things will not pass in silence that night.

Wadani   

Abtigiis;957456 wrote:
:D

Or slap unsuspecting child and force him to go to bed ahead of schedule just to alert the man things will not pass in silence that night.

:D.

D.O.C   

Aaliyyah;957339 wrote:
No one is denying Khatumo or triangle men traveling and paying 100 camels for spouses. However, you dont need to deny history to boost your ego. As bizarre as it sounds both women from khatumo and triangle cities traveled for spouses.

Dear friend, it is NOT myself to disrespect or look down on anybody here or there in somalia, but this information about khatumites is a fact. Why would I boost my ego on this particular narrative, I mean what buzz would this offer me? Mr Richard Burton has even illustrated this issue (dhaqan somali ) in book titled... " first footsteps in East African". This book is about different clans in Ethiopia, somalia, jibouti, Kenya, and other East African countries. Unless you thinking that Richard is taking sides;)

Safferz   

D.O.C;957460 wrote:
Dear friend, it is NOT myself to disrespect or look down on anybody here or there in somalia, but this information about khatumites is a fact. Why would I boost my ego on this particular narrative, I mean what buzz would this offer me? Mr Richard Burton has even illustrated this issue (dhaqan somali ) in book titled... " first footsteps in East African". This book is about different clans in Ethiopia, somalia, jibouti, Kenya, and other East African countries. Unless you thinking that Richard is taking sides;)

He called Somalis s.tupid for believing malaria is carried by mosquitos in that book, I don't believe that racist voyeur is the best source :P

D.O.C   

warsamaale;957354 wrote:
well said Aaliyah, D.O.C waa ka ugu af xun secessionists SOL soo gala. those insults betray his inner insecurity and inferiority vis-a-vis the said people. hence the need to boost his ego constantly through his crude posts.

Afxumo halkee lagu qoray, if I was scornfully abusive to you guys I would have certainly faced the bounced out list, unlike dr osman who is called the triangle girls h**s and unfortunately the admin is ignoring it.

D.O.C   

Safferz;957462 wrote:
He called Somalis s.tupid for believing malaria is carried by mosquitos in that book, I don't believe that racist voyeur is the best source
:P

I guess that is less than one sentence regarding to Mosquitos affairs.......mr burton talked about ***, ****** etc and then described them into details and subsections. Even specific tradition each clans posses hope you finished the whole saffy;)