Sign in to follow this  
Wadani

Locals vs returness

Wadani   

Title should read 'Locals vs Returnees'

How will the large influx of Somalis from the diaspora effect Somalia? Will the inevitable differences and fissures between the locals and returned qurbo-joogta, as a result of diverging experiences and interests, gradually begin to enroach on the primacy of the clan system as the main organizer of Somali society? Will the obvious and often times glaring cultural, economic and general worldview discrepancies between the two said groups lead to socio-political tensions and possibly conflicts that will define the coming era of post-civil war Somalia?

i could write a small book about your question wadaniga dhabtaoooow, balse that's bound to be BS.

this is the truth:

cilmi aan caqli laheyn =Diaspora/Returnee

caqli aan cilmi laheyn = Reer Somaliyeed/local

:P

Reeyo   

I can't see there being any problems. The returnees usually learn quick and loose their kibir and the locals stop viewing the qoorbos as strangers.

The biggest issue would be economical terms- returnees have money and get jobs easier because they speak English.

Wadani   

Alpha Blondy;957112 wrote:
i could write a small book about your question wadaniga dhabtaoooow, balse that's bound to be BS.

this is the truth:

cilmi aan caqli laheyn =Diaspora/Returnee

caqli aan cilmi laheyn = Reer Somaliyeed/local

:P

:D

Wadani   

Reeyo;957115 wrote:
I can't see there being any problems. The returnees usually learn quick and loose their kibir and the locals stop viewing the qoorbos as strangers.

The biggest issue would be economical terms- returnees have money and get jobs easier because they speak English

Precisely the kinds of things im talking about.