Sign in to follow this  
PasserBy

Jubaland is here to stay

PasserBy   

The Somali President is fighting a losing battle. Jubaland ,for all practical purposes, is on the ground. Instead of fighting for its demise, he should work within to tweak it a bit. The days when the Mogadishu clan swayed an almost absolute power are long gone. Just as Showans of Ethiopia, the Mogadishu clans of Somalia have to adjust to the new reality. The peripheries have as much say as the center as to how the country is to be run. A genuine Federal system is required. Sophism won't do.

Baashi   

PasserBy;956781 wrote:
The Somali President is fighting a losing battle. Jubaland ,for all practical purposes, is on the ground. Instead of fighting for its demise, he should work within to tweak it a bit. The days when the Mogadishu clan swayed an almost absolute power are long gone. Just as Showans of Ethiopia, the Mogadishu clans of Somalia have to adjust to the new reality. The peripheries have as much say as the center as to how the country is to be run. A genuine Federal system is required. Sophism won't do.

First, second and last three senetences are on the mark :) Don't know about Showans but Mogadishu clans in the young history of Somalis have never swayed absolute power over any clan or territory.

PasserBy   

I didn't say the Mogadishu clan swayed complete power. I said almost complete power. I was referring to post Siad Bare Somalia. The Mogadishu Clans kept the rest of the country hostage through their maddening wars in the city. Slowly though, the regions started to take their destiny in their own hands.

Passerby are you scared the showans come back in Ethiopia and force you out of Addis ababa :D

Jubbaland is not going any where President hassan has everything under his control. There is little the Kenyans can do now

:

PasserBy   

Xaaji,

I don't think you read me right. Showans have adjusted to the new reality in Ethiopia. So should the Mogadishu Clans. Jubaland has already arrived. The President has a better chance of altering the makeup of the region if he does it within. Otherwise it will be a lost opportunity.

Jubbaland hasn't arrived its guarded by uhurro kenytattas forces, the world supports president hassans case, And they will continue to do so Thats why jubbaland supporters like faroole are in Kenya.Trying to counterattack hassans policies.

Passerby the Showans have ruled Ethiopia for a long period of time and they might return to Meneliks palace in the form of their Ginbots.They have never really accepted the TPLF agenda.

Sakata   

Be warned Somali people, Kismayo disease is dangerous. I know a lot of folks who have caught it. Remember prevention is better than cure, keep your immune system rested do not argue and get angry about it. Keep the Somali unity at heart, we love you all Somalis here in SOL. Eat well, sleep well Somalia hanolato.