Sign in to follow this  
Marksman

Christian missionaries in Somalia

N.O.R.F   

The ngos hide behind noble goals but some only recruit christians. The missonary drive in africa has succeeded in places like Nigeria. Governments should be wary and implement measures to put a stop to it.

Marksman   

D.O.C;955505 wrote:
First of all, I think those of you who are muslims shouldn't be debating about islam unless you have an adequate knowledge for our dear religion. Secondly, this is a playground for everyone in any kind, therefore you guys need to be cautious, attentive and watchful of what you (SOLers) write. There are certain organisations and charities monitoring our activities in this forum for their benefits and if Mr Marksman is an associate these organisations, I am not surprised!

Interesting.

One of many reasons why aid has always been detrimental to development in Africa. Remittance also carries many of the same implications, including degradation of culture.

Haatu;955414 wrote:
Blackflash, I can only speak for myself but then I also know that nearly all Somalis are Muslim and are not happy to see a religion other than Islam propagated in their country.

One question you all seem to be overlooking is, why does Christianity need to be propagated in Somalia in the first place?

I don't see a need for the propagation of Christianity in Somalia. I support there being restriction put on the missionaries until the average Somali is not living in condition that would make them latch on to the ideology of whoever is providing them with sustenance.

Taleexi   

The government's lack of the proper mechanism to combat this project coupled with the gullible masses is expediting the process.

Tallaabo   

Johnny B;955412 wrote:
And what was The punishment for leaving Islam ?

There is no punishment for them in the Holy Quran.

Tallaabo;955403 wrote:
I believe Islam is about choice be it religion, marriage, or lifestyle. It is not a totalitarian political system which must be imposed on society. The Quran is the primary source of Islamic theology and wisdom and in that Holy book Almighty God said that there is no compulsion in region. Anything other than complete freedom for people to choose what they believe in and practice is un-Islamic to me.

Islam does not restrict Christians and Jews and others from practicing their religion, as the Quran clearly states there is no compulsion in religion.

But you have to understand how we Muslims view kufr, and how serious the implications are. This isn't like choosing a political party, or choosing which charity to donate towards. This is a difference between Islam, and kufr and not enough people on SOL realize this. Besides, Missionaries have been known to refrain debating their religion (for obvious reasons) and they tend to target young, vulnerable children who live in poor countries and don't know any better.

I would never ever allow a Missionary to target a miskeen 5 year old Somali girl and tell her that "Jesus" is the source of her sustenance. If the Christians want to debate....that's fine.

But there should be no tolerance for Missionary activity in Somalia.

Not every Somali is well-versed in Islam, and their poverty restricts their access to education so they don't know any better. You would hardly find any intelligent, self-sufficient, adult individual voluntarily choosing to accept the Christian Religion. It just doesn't happen.

If such vulnerable people have doubts about Islam, then we should appoint an Islamic Scholar to teach him and show him the way. But to allow a Missionary (who has ulterior motives) to preach to an ignorant Somali is disgusting, and should never be allowed. I'm all for debates, and Muslims are known to frequently debate with Christians.

nuune   

Johnny B;955412 wrote:
And what was The punishment for leaving Islam ?

There is still a FATWA on you for leaving Islam, just remember, you are a dead man walking asset.php?fid=14&uid=3017&d=1313069411

Tallaabo   

DoctorKenney;955652 wrote:
Islam does not restrict Christians and Jews and others from practicing their religion, as the Quran clearly states there is no compulsion in religion.

But you have to understand how we Muslims view kufr, and how
serious
the implications are. This isn't like choosing a political party, or choosing which charity to donate towards. This is a difference between Islam, and kufr and not enough people on SOL realize this. Besides, Missionaries have been known to refrain debating their religion (for obvious reasons) and they tend to target young, vulnerable children who live in poor countries and don't know any better.

I would never ever allow a Missionary to target a miskeen 5 year old Somali girl and tell her that "Jesus" is the source of her sustenance. If the Christians want to debate....that's fine.

But there should be no tolerance for Missionary activity in Somalia.

You need to back up your claims with citations from the Quran otherwise it is no different to the nonsense a lot of ignorant imams spout from the pulpit.