Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Kayd Media - Somalia's Radio Mille Collines - digs up another vitriolic video

@Abtigiis: if Kayd Media is Radio Mille Collines, pray what shall we call Prof Ladan's new book on Clan Cleansing in Somalia? Isn't it even more devastating, in terms of outcome for those who want to use it, given its academic credentials?

Abtigiis, muxuu yiri ninkii reer Afmadow oo hadlayaa qarnigii sagaal iyo tobnaad u fiirsaday

Aga! iyo hadduu eega yidha, ways af-garanaayee

Afmadow markuu sheegto baan nacay og00daane

Awoowe gabay gu waa kii galbeed, nimankan Kayd media ku jira waa mere coma in the large chapters of Jubbaland saga. Dadku waa tol iyo qaraabo xattaa odey Xaad iyo kooxda Liqaaye waxba looga waayaayo Kismayo :D

Somalia   

QansaxMeygaag;954697 wrote:
@Abtigiis: if Kayd Media is Radio Mille Collines, pray what shall we call Prof Ladan's new book on
Clan Cleansing in Somalia
? Isn't it even more devastating, in terms of outcome for those who want to use it, given its academic credentials?

Did you read the book? If you did, cite me pages you have quarrels with, I'd be interested in looking them over. :)

Mario B   

Abtigiis;954564 wrote:
Dear Oodweyne,

Perhaps you should give that advice to Madoobe and those who champion a clan interest. Unlike you, I do not care about the political fortunes of men who share lineage with me, which is not to say I do not care about the welfare of my community. Like any other Somali or human being for that matter, the plight of a long-foot pains me, but not more than the pain I feel for a distressed Somalilander or Ethiopian or Ugandan. It is of no significiance, if Gabbal's clan, or my clan, or the "looters", or the myriad of other clans become governors and power-brokers in Kismaayo. As long as I can work there withour fear (should I ever need to work there), or invest, or swim in its shores, and as long as the people in that par of Somalia and the entire country enjoy peace and good governance, I am pleased. These petty things that bother you about clan pride and which clan is inherently politically superior to which is things that really doesn't come to my mind. I suppose our different experiences and upbringings could account for this variance of priorities. As you know by now,
I grew up with Amhara's and grew up being called a Somali. That identity suffices for me. I do not want to wear denominations of it
. But I also know I do not escape scrutiny and labels because I say so. Every political statement one makes is bound to displease someone in this insanely polarized society. So, when my political opinions coincide with the positions of my lineage, I get names. When they don't, I am a patriot. This is the rule of the game of political commentary in Somalia. I can't change it.

This is deep, this is the template for anyone who wants Somalinimo and wants to figure out what it entails.

ijtbcG.gif

Mario Abtigis growing up with Amhara neftegnas, maybe changed the way he views Ethiopians. But his Kin who grew up with the Kikuyu's will support the Kenyans against the Somali HAG.

Mario B   

Xaaji Xunjuf;956169 wrote:
Mario Abtigis growing up with Amhara neftegnas, maybe changed the way he views Ethiopians. But his Kin who grew up with the Kikuyu's will support the Kenyans against the Somali HAG.

I believe Abtiigiis is showing the way out, if you read the whole comment you will find it's rich with a world view ,that if we all adopted ,will save us as a people and end this self inflicted wound.

P.s I didn't watch the Video cos I would like to preserve my fitra.

Mario i understand Abtigiis comment but he is attached to the Somali name as a Somali man. He says he not necessarily attached to Somalia.But to the Somali identity. He might feel that he has to give something back to the Somali republic. Because the Somali republic went twice to war to liberate his beloved dhagaxbuur which resulted to the bankruptcy of the Somali state. Now that's abtigiis he believes he is no Somali Ethiopian and is still fighting for independence. But his Kin in Kenya consider themselves Somali Kenyans and their allegiances is with Kenya not Somalia so they will always side with Kenya against Somalia. Thats the difference,Abtigiis is a rebel to the Ethiopian state while his Kin in Kenya accepted to be Kenyans and they are now causing problems for the Somali government.