Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Kayd Media - Somalia's Radio Mille Collines - digs up another vitriolic video

Abtigiis   

Kayd Media is working hard to upstage Rwanda's Mille Collins in the business of fanning sectarian division and genocide. This week they dig up yet another video whose main purpose is to reap some political capital by creating friction between two D block clans who apparently fought on different sides during the civil war.

Extremist website Waagacusub posted this video.

http://www.markatimes.com/daawo-video-saraakiil-iyo-abwaaniin-uu-ka-mid-yahay-ahmed-madoobe-una-dhashay-********-oo-**********-caay-u-dhiteeyay-1992/

I am reposting this video for three reasons:

1- I like poetry however bad the message may be...I look at the poetic cadence not the message;

2- I want to show that Kayd media and those who are doing the same from the other side (like those who posted the video of President Hassan's satire poem) are enemies of Somalia;

3- One of the poets in this video, the gentleman on the left (with the afro hair) is my second uncle, Mohamed Sheikh Ahmed Oogle, alias Makeeytee. Regardless of his political views, which like most Somalia poets changed from time to time, he was an extremely loveable person with a lot of humour. He died few years back. I was devastated. The views he expresses in this video are the views many people held during the civil war. He was in no way a man filled with hate. For him, fun and entertainment was his food and drink. Ilaahay hakuu naxariisto adeer.

The last reason why I posted this video is because I want Xinnfannin to listen the following lines, which the other poet (Gandaal) said about the pirate community:

"Masago iyo bariis moos, horaad beer u madhiseene

Warshadihii mareer, mugaambe iyo mareereeyba

Macdantiyo birtii waad rarteen, maar ku nool yahawe

:D :D Maar-ku-nool Xinn, your attention please.

Maaddeey   

Lol. Weligaaba gabay ku soo gambo, qabyaaladiiste numero uno, waaxid. Tolku is raacye, malaay dabatada maad iska deysid. :)

Abtigiis   

Maaddeey, salaan sare mujaahid. Maalinkii dhawaa ninkii London askariga ku dilay nin af-somali ku hadlayaa ag taagnaa markaan maqlay waxaan is idhi tolow ma Maaddeey baa oo waan walbahaaray. Soow ma nabad qabtid?

Tan kale, tol iyo cali aniga wax igama galine, gabay'ga ayaa eesh calaa ah. Xinn ooy ka jajaban tahayna waan sii mud mudayaa. :D

What Tolka lacks in political shrewdness, they more than make up with poetic pedigree. :D

Maaddeey   

*Muslim & Bukhaariyo intaad qaadatay Minhaajka,

*Maxkamad saartayaa & midida aad u marisaaba.

*Ado mudan Makeytow gudoon gabayga miinleyda

War baa ka dhacay!. :)

Waxaas aad sheegi adaa lagu yiraa!.

Abtigiis   

Maadeey, adigoo Somali maanta xaalkeeda og baad hebel baa qabyaadleeyste ah la meeraysanysaa. Ma cid eedaas ka badbaaday baa jirtaa? Adiguse fartaad fiiqi inay afar kale ku soo eegayaan soow ma ogid oo soow ma tihid ninkii shanta best Somalis ka dhigay eedooyinkii iyo adeeradii soow. Let not no go there, let us enjoy poetry.

I thought adeerkeey Makeeytee's died without leaving anything behind, this is a video that brought tears to my eyes. I will keep it for a long time, and will pass on to his children. Gabay kale oo wuxuu leeyahay la yidhaa, "maantana maskii waxaa u xidhan, ina Makaahiile".

Xinn, ma hayno caawa. Cidii noo soo sheegta waxay mutaysatay abaal marin! :D

Maaddeey   

Abtigiis, the 5 prominent Somali list was nothing but a tactic!. Dad badan baa xidigo tiris ku maqan ilal aankaan!.

Gabayga kale video ama audio keen, and who's ina Makahil?.

Abtigiis   

Dear Oodweeyne,

I am telling you this not because I want you to believe me or because I want to play to the gallery. I want to speak the truth.

I do not seek solutions that will ensure the political fortunes of Tolka in Kismaayo or elsewhere. I seek solutions that are just and that can help Somalia move forward. The welfare of human beings comes before anything and if Hassan Sheikh can solve the Kismaayo enigma by deposing Ahmed Madoobe and imposing Barre Hiiraale and if that can somehow help Somalia to regain its sovereignty and statehood again, I am for it. All this puffery about clan X against Clan Y is nonsense and I do not believe it is the case. Whoever governs Kismaayo, or Garowe or Baidoa, my singular interest is in seeing law and order return to Somalia. Of course, I am not naïve and I do recognize that context matters and in the present context it may be better for President Hassan to seek some sort of agreement with the real power-brokers in the regions. Madoobe just happens to be one and hence my recommendation is coming from that wider consideration.

Secondly, I do not believe any community can be entirely used by another community and I think you have insulted a whole community as morons by your assertion. I think as you can see from the video posted, the long-foot community had taken different sides in the conflict over Kismaayo and has picked sides that it thought could advance its interest. I believe convergence of interest is what dictates alliances, not smartness of one and the ascribed daftness of the other.

Hadii aan kaftan ka dhignana, dee awalba reeruhu askar unbay ahaan jireene, hadana haday cid kale askar u noqdaan, it is in line with tradition. :D It is our culture. Our heritage. We are proud of it. :D I think this last line will please you, more than the serious reply I gave you.

Abtigiis;954550 wrote:
Dear Oodweeyne,

I am telling you this not because I want you to believe me or because I want to play to the gallery. I want to speak the truth.

I do not seek solutions that will ensure the political fortunes of Tolka in Kismaayo or elsewhere. I seek solutions that are just and that can help Somalia move forward. The welfare of human beings comes before anything and if Hassan Sheikh can solve the Kismaayo enigma by deposing Ahmed Madoobe and imposing Barre Hiiraale and if that can somehow help Somalia to regain its sovereignty and statehood again, I am for it. All this puffery about clan X against Clan Y is nonsense and I do not believe it is the case. Whoever governs Kismaayo, or Garowe or Baidoa, my singular interest is in seeing law and order return to Somalia. Of course, I am not naïve and I do recognize that context matters and in the present context it may be better for President Hassan to seek some sort of agreement with the real power-brokers in the regions. Madoobe just happens to be one and hence my recommendation is coming from that wider consideration.

Secondly, I do not believe any community can be entirely used by another community and I think you have insulted a whole community as morons by your assertion. I think as you can see from the video posted, the long-foot community had taken different sides in the conflict over Kismaayo and has picked sides that it thought could advance its interest. I believe convergence of interest is what dictates alliances, not smartness of one and the ascribed daftness of the other.

Rageedi

Abtigiis   

Dear Oodweyne,

Perhaps you should give that advice to Madoobe and those who champion a clan interest. Unlike you, I do not care about the political fortunes of men who share lineage with me, which is not to say I do not care about the welfare of my community. Like any other Somali or human being for that matter, the plight of a long-foot pains me, but not more than the pain I feel for a distressed Somalilander or Ethiopian or Ugandan. It is of no significiance, if Gabbal's clan, or my clan, or the "looters", or the myriad of other clans become governors and power-brokers in Kismaayo. As long as I can work there withour fear (should I ever need to work there), or invest, or swim in its shores, and as long as the people in that par of Somalia and the entire country enjoy peace and good governance, I am pleased. These petty things that bother you about clan pride and which clan is inherently politically superior to which is things that really doesn't come to my mind. I suppose our different experiences and upbringings could account for this variance of priorities. As you know by now, I grew up with Amhara's and grew up being called a Somali. That identity suffices for me. I do not want to wear denominations of it. But I also know I do not escape scrutiny and labels because I say so. Every political statement one makes is bound to displease someone in this insanely polarized society. So, when my political opinions coincide with the positions of my lineage, I get names. When they don't, I am a patriot. This is the rule of the game of political commentary in Somalia. I can't change it.

galbeedi   

meeshaan gabay baa ka socda. Abtigiis, this is why people call us " a nation of poets" while it is polemic and

tribal baiting , it shows the tradtion of somali " fadhi ku dirir", showing both the arogance on one side and

proud Somali tradition on different side. did you see how he is challenging the Americans. After this he is probably

chewing chat with his adversaries.

professor Abtigiis ninka koofiyadda qaba waa gabyaa, I liked him. his verses are very deep.

Sheekadda cidda looga cabto waa sheeko hore, and it does not apply today. Today idinkaa wax la idin bidaa, Abtigiisoow :D

Oodweyne waa soooooooo 1970s. weli reerkaa la caqli badan :D

Abtigiis   

Maar-ku-nool Xinnfannin,

Indeed, this is the thing of the past and part of the usual clannish vitriol of the civil war era.

Like you, I am a sucker for poems and art and when I post poems I like a farmer like Miskiin Macruuf Aqyaar with no sense of what poetry is about talks about clan names being posted and what not! Somali poetry is largely about clan stereotypes and it is hard to find good poems that do not include references to clans.

Arinta Jubboyinka, I saw your post in the other thread and I share your views.

Abtigiis   

Xinnfaniin, the Tolka has made horrendous political miscalculations over the years and not reputed for political shrewdness. But they have won many poetic duels in the past centuries and it is hard to imagine anyone will beat them on that front anytime soon. :D The victory on this front compensates for any political loss on Kismaayo. :D

However, I am of the opinion that the IGAD declarations impact or lack of it will come clear in the coming few weeks. It is one thing to get the diplomatic endorsement of regional powers, it is quite another to quell a rebellious domestic clan. It been a good weak for President Hassan, but what he does from here onwards will determine whether he has won or not. I believe if he new re-constitution still puts a long-foot on the top, Gabbal will be displeased. For once, I want to see a man from Gabbal's village given the mantle, so that we see how Gabbal reacts, even if other clans still cry foul.