Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Somalis: Are they cursed people?

Taleexi   

Shall Somalia's an ever evolving, renewing ethnic conflict and cycle of violence come to an end? - In an other words, will we ever just all get alone?, I believe we will but it will be too little too late, what do you guys think?

Saalax   

Don't lump the entire Somali ethnic together. Djibouti,Somaliland and Puntland are doing well. The curse

is Mogadishu.

Wadani   

Saalax;954362 wrote:
Don't lump the entire Somali ethnic together. Djibouti,Somaliland and Puntland are doing well. The curse

is Mogadishu.

If u are talking geographically then yes, but if ur using these regions as euphemisms for clan names then what ur saying is simply not true. Which clan are the main leaders of al-shabaab from? What is the clan composition of it's foot soldiers? What clan was the president who allowed Ethiopia to invade Somalia in 2006? What region, mainly inhabited by his own clan, supported this action? What is the clan of those fighting for hegemony over Kismayo?

It's easy to blame HAG for all the problems in the south, but that is simply a cheap and simplimsitic cop-out.

Wadani   

Saalax;954367 wrote:
I am talking about in geographic terms. Much of the south is cursed.

Ok, I can agree with that. But things are getting better alhamdulillah. Once the Kismayo issue is resolved we can officially turn over a new page, and the progress will be swift.

No, we are NOT like the Kurds. As soon as Iraq got invaded Kurds got together and build a STRONG STATE within a STATE. So strong that Baghdad orders the arrest of Sunni politicians who then go to Iraqi Kurdistan and the main Baghdad government can't touch them. Same with Syria. They're the ones that have been fighting the Turkish, Syrian, Iraqi, Iranian regimes for DECADES and have not given up hope. AND they try their best to avoid civilian casualties by fighting forrests/mountains - that's why you hardly see any refugees.

Don't compare the descendants of Salahudin to some thugs on the loose who then brag about Turkish hospitals.

D.O.C   

I don't think somali people are being cursed, however i think their leaders are lacking of primary senses and if one doesn't have the primary senses than he/she would ought to have the secondary senses.

Could have built an empire if not for the warring clan system that divides them, great potential, but I don't see how this will fix itself out in the near future.

Mad_Mullah;954866 wrote:
No, we are NOT like the Kurds. As soon as Iraq got invaded Kurds got together and build a STRONG STATE within a STATE. So strong that Baghdad orders the arrest of Sunni politicians who then go to Iraqi Kurdistan and the main Baghdad government can't touch them. Same with Syria. They're the ones that have been fighting the Turkish, Syrian, Iraqi, Iranian regimes for DECADES and have not given up hope. AND they try their best to avoid civilian casualties by fighting forrests/mountains - that's why you hardly see any refugees.

Don't compare the descendants of Salahudin to some thugs on the loose who then brag about Turkish hospitals.

Very strong words. Do I detect some Somali self-hate here kkk. Regardless of the Kurd's bravery, gallantry, whatever other quality you bestow on them, they are as dispersed as the Somali into Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Syria etc. At least there was a Somalia ones, these guys don't even have a small place called Kurdistan, forget Kurdistan-weyn...

And FYI one man's exploits, Salaxuddin Ayubbi, however great, doth not make a Nation. Besides Ayubbi was fighting for Islam, not some narrow ethnic base.

Somalis are not cursed this is their nature Somalis lack state mechanism the state is always something that limited Somalis from ruling in their traditional way. For a Somali being a Somali is just not enough. Comparing kurds to Somalis is just wrong kurds have no country other than the autonomous iraqi kurdistan.

Maaddeey   

Kurdish haddey naga fiicnaadeen waa ba'nay!.

Soomaalida dhibkeeda waa is aaminid la'aan, waxaana caawinaya dulmi qabiil & dano yaqsiyeed.