Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Mark Simmonds UK minister to Africa: We recognize Somaliland's aspirations

Saalax   

It means they acknowledge Somaliland is not interested in unity with Somalia but self determination

to the highest level hence why the UK did not take offence to the fact Somaliland didn't attend the

conference for Somalia in UK.

Carafaat that means they know and recognize what the people of Somaliland want which is full independence and statehood.

But the case of recognition and future relations with Somalia it must be decided by Somalis in both Somalia and Somaliland.

The brits are a bit dishonest here they know to well that Somalia will not agree with Somaliland recognition. So its obvious Somalis cannot agree on this.

Carafaat;953021 wrote:
Still Somaliland and Somalia should try to solve issues themselves.

Will be very difficult i don't see how they can clarify their future relations with out Europeans mediating.

They so far have discussed everything in the book about cooperation security aid and even to modernize the troops in both Somalia and Somaliland. But what kind of future relations will the 2 countries have , they have one thing to discuss is the airspace who controls what and revenues. But it ends there Somalia will not stop claiming Somaliland and Somaliland will never drop its statehood. So there needs to be mediation from the western powers the united states and the European union.

D.O.C   

Saalax, why are you disclosing this sensitive information to the SOLers? Man, i don't understand your hidden agenda.

^I think the British gov has a much deeper interest in Somalia that goes beyond Hassan Sheekh. He is proving to be very incompetent in resolving simple issues , so in that account they may be disappointed. But overall , I think current UK policy transcends who is in power in Somalia.

Saalax   

D.O.C;953156 wrote:
Saalax, why are you disclosing this sensitive information to the SOLers? Man, i don't understand your hidden agenda.

:D

It is on Somalliland websites as well.

Wasiirka Ingiriiska U Qaabilsan Afrika Oo Sheegay Inay Aqoonsan Yihiin Himilada Somaliland.

http://www.ramaasnews.com/index.php/News/News/Wasiirka-Ingiriiska-U-Qaabilsan-Afrika-Oo-Sheegay-Inay-Aqoonsan-Yihiin-Himilada-Somaliland-Balse-Kala-Gurashada-Hargeysa-Iyo-Muqdisho-Ay-Somalida-U-Taalo.html

^^I agree immigration and terrorism are two major policy drivers from British gov stand point

All I am saying is they are not counting on Hassan decisively ; he is a mere variable in the bigger Somali equation

D.O.C   

Oodweyne;953192 wrote:
^^^

This is not a secret per se, but rather what the Tories themselves will say if you ask them what in the world are they playing at in getting in bed with hassan sheikh's outfit in Mugadisho

I am not going into british parties and their politics, but it is not good idea to disclose information given to you in twitter and make it public. That friendship communication between the two will be endangered the trustworthiness they shared together.

Oodweyne;953213 wrote:
Xiinfaniin,

I think if they could get those two issues from him and they are satisfied with the outcome of those conditions then they will be happy to drop him into that category of: "don't call us we will call you if we need you".

And lastly if they can secure some sort of agreement from him in terms of him agreeing with Kenya of where Somalia territorial waters begins and end so that the British oil companies that are planning to drill the offshore oil basin in the area surrounding the border between Kenya and Somalia could proceed legally, then that would be the "icing" on the cake for them.

So you believe that this annexation of Somalia's territorial waters (and some times lands) has some credence in today's world?

It is nonsense, a pure conspiracy theory. Kenya and Ethiopia as a legacy of colonial experience has already enough headache regarding Somalia and its territorial claims.