Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

There are massive investment opportunities in Somalia - Deepak Kuntawala

What is the point of keeping the land and saying 'DHULKEENA' 'Anaga/Reerkeena baa dega dhulkaan' if you are not utilizing the land and are dying out of hunger.

We should give it away and at least get some money for it or get ready learn how to plough and cultivate the land.

Chimera   

Waranle_Warrior;952312 wrote:
What is the point of keeping the land and saying 'DHULKEENA' 'Anaga/Reerkeena baa dega dhulkaan' if you are not utilizing the land and are dying out of hunger.

We should give it away and at least get some money for it or get ready learn how to plough and cultivate the land.

Very simplistic sxb, the lack of cultivation of our arable land is due to war, otherwise the planned dams and modernization of the agricultural sector owned and driven by the Somali people would have yielded major harvests annually. What you're promoting is a continuation of war through the land-grabbing schemes witnessed in other parts of Africa, where the natives were uprooted violently, and this equals civil-strife.

What you should be demanding is joint-ventures between foreign and Somali companies. What you should be demanding is the establishment of a commodities/futures exchange where prices are set, so that the markets remain stable for the farmers, traders and customers. What you should be demanding is the establishment of Somali trade-unions, and Federal agricultural subsidies to protect the average Farah or Halimo from predatory interests from abroad, and domestically.

Your approach is reactionary, and short-term, you need to go back to the drawing board brother, because years and decades pass in an instance, and you don't want to be in a situation where you are sold back your own produce at a higher rate than you would've, had you protected the agricultural sector as a national security issue, and subsequently invested in it accordingly.

^Somalis we talk a lot brother, you do have great passion and ideas but little do you do, all of us have something beautiful to say even the Halimo and Farah in the fadhi kudirir corners make exceptional comments and draw gigantic projects at times but little is done - actions, actions, actions matter a great deal.

Chimera   

Let's get something clear brother, 1) You don't know me. 2) You don't know what i'm doing. 3) You don't know what I have planned.

In any case, I said what I wanted to say on this issue.

Chimera;952327 wrote:
Let's get something clear brother, 1) You don't know me. 2) You don't know what i'm doing. 3) You don't know what I have planned.

In any case, I said what I wanted to say on this issue.

waranle got knocked the eff down :eek:

xabad   

You couldn't be more wrong WW, people and nations can temporarily get down, their development cycle may take longer than other nations. but that should never be an excuse for their land, resources and peoples to be plundered. esp land, it has deep symbolic and sentimental value for human beings. The fact that this vulture hedge fund firms carry on their insidious deeds in poor, war torn and weak legal framework environments should tell you a lot

cadnaan1   

If this comes to Somalia the worst victims will be the minority clans such as the somali bantus in the shebeles, jubas area. Dhulka ku fiican beeraha waa dhulkooda.

xabad;952361 wrote:
but that should never be an excuse for their land, resources and peoples to be plundered. esp land,

I was not saying that but rather my point was, if we are not benefiting from this massive strategic land and putting it to better use why deny the land to be used productively or is it the case of 'Matashade looma taliye'.

Chimera, Yes brother, I as well as everybody on this board knows you as the 'dreamer' :D

xabad   

deny it to who ?? sxb, it's land awaiting for its owners to wake up, let it just stay fallow even hundred years instead of johnny foreigner profiting from it. that's my attitude.

Coofle   

Tallaabo;952256 wrote:
Lol Djibouti is involved in the land grab. It has leased land in Malawi:cool:

They also have it in SUDAN

somalia2   

Thought id continue this conversation

Has anyone done some background googling on Dee Kuntawala

How many times has he been mentioned alongside projects, but those projects, have they begun?

He raises profile, issues a press release but there is no evidence of any investment ever happening.

I will be very surprised if this fund leads to anything in Somalia.