Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

Toronto mayor Rob Ford crack scandal, Somalis own the evidence

Ibtisam   

How is this guy still Mayor? If it was in the UK he would've resigned already or been forced out- we have seen some leaving for much less! Indho adge,com

Safferz   

*Ibtisam;983993 wrote:
How is this guy still Mayor? If it was in the UK he would've resigned already or been forced out- we have seen some leaving for much less! Indho adge,com

Legally he can't be forced out unless he's been convicted of a crime, and the reason he isn't resigning is because he's a moron. Somehow his approval rating went up this week, too.

Safferz   

Apophis;984112 wrote:
There's no evidence that the substance inside the pipe is "crack" and as such the Mayor should stay at his post. The liberal lynch mob will not succeed.

Rob Ford : 'Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine.'

rob_ford.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Published on Tue Nov 05 2013

“Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine,” Mayor Rob Ford admitted at a surprise news conference just after noon.

“I am not an addict,” he told the media.

“I wasn’t lying. You didn’t ask the correct questions,” Ford explained to why the admission was so long in coming.

“You guys kept referring to alcohol,” he told the media.

“I want everybody in the city to see this tape. I don’t even recall there being a tape. I want to see the state I was in.

“No, I don’t do drugs.”

Ford said he smoked crack about a year ago. “I don’t even remember. Probably in one of my drunken stupors. You guys have seen the state I’ve been in.”

The admission comes six months after Ford said at a May 24 news conference, “I do not use crack cocaine. Nor am I an addict of crack cocaine.”

Since that May news conference, Ford has said many times he does not use crack.

The news conference came a week after two Star reporters disclosed that they had seen a clear video of Mayor Ford smoking what appeared to be crack from a glass pipe, calling Justin Trudeau, now Liberal leader, a “fag” and his high school football players “f------ minorities.”

At that news conference, Ford said he would not comment on a video “that I have never seen or does not exist.”

It was only last Thursday that Toronto police Chief Bill Blair confirmed the video does exist and it does show what the Star’s Kevin Donovan and Robyn Doolittle reported.

Blair’s news conference followed release of half a police document about months of surveillance of Ford and alleged drug dealer Alexander “Sandro” Lisi.

Lisi was charged Oct. 1 with drug charges and on Thursday with extortion related to “threats” to recover the video.

Breaking news so I'll post articles as they appear...

Apophis;984112 wrote:
There's no evidence that the substance inside the pipe is "crack" and as such the Mayor should stay at his post. The liberal lynch mob will not succeed.

you are getting quite repetitive and dull bud. we get it. you found Stalin, great.

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;984606 wrote:
you are getting quite repetitive and dull bud. we get it you found Stalin, great,

I don't think he understands Marxist-Leninist thought, because his opinions on SOL tend to lean to the opposite end of the political spectrum and I have yet to see him post anything remotely Communist. He should start describing himself as a neocon or neofascist for accuracy.

The Police probably showed him the video. There is no excuse left for him now, I guess. It's better for him to resign now and prepare for the outcome of the ongoing investigation. I believe one of his aide is already in jail facing possible "criminal" extortion charges.

Safferz   

How cute, Apophis knows how to use his backspace key.

I'm not sure why anyone bothers responding to your posts, you never have anything to say and you are deliberately obtuse. No one cares for your knee-jerk defenses or what you think our mayor was smoking in the video, and it's strange that you feel this invested in a political issue taking place in Canada.

Safferz   

Rob Ford crack scandal: Councillors to strip mayor of power

By: Robyn Doolittle City Hall, Published on Tue Nov 05 2013

It was a stunning admission that took Rob Ford’s own staff by surprise: “Yes I have smoked crack cocaine.”

For one of his most loyal allies, Councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong, it was the breaking point.

“I think he’s lost the moral authority to lead,” Minnan-Wong said moments after Ford’s impromptu press conference. “We’re in unchartered territory.”

As a member of the mayor’s cabinet-like executive committee, Minnan-Wong is a leader among council’s conservative faction. He has been critical of Ford throughout the mayor’s various blunders and scandals, but always remained loyal to the agenda and ultimately the mayor himself.

Now, even Minnan-Wong appears in favour of curbing Ford’s power.

At the next council meeting, Minnan-Wong will table a motion calling for Ford to “apologize for misleading the City of Toronto as to the existence of a video,” which appears to show him smoking crack.

Other councillors are considering more aggressive motions.

“Some councillors have been talking cutting the mayor’s office budget so dramatically that it wouldn’t be able to function,” said Councillor Jaye Robinson, “but I don’t think that has the support to get through council.”

Council is considering passing a symbolic confidence motion, but it would be a “slap on the wrist” without teeth, Robinson noted. More likely, city council will pass a series of motions stripping Ford of his power.

Left-wing councillor John Filion has already put forward his plan.

Filion has recommended that council prevent the mayor from being able to “appoint and dismiss” the chairs of the standing committees as well as the deputy mayor position.

The idea is that this would give councillors in positions of power the freedom to oppose Ford.

Safferz   

DoctorKenney;984614 wrote:
This is one of the most hilarious news stories I've ever come across!
:D

The Mayor of Toronto is a crack head. It really doesn't get any funnier than that.

Tallaabo   

Safferz;984627 wrote:
Just got some popcorn and a comfy seat
:)
Let's get this press conference going...

I am watching the news too;) Right now I am waiting for him to appear