Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

Toronto mayor Rob Ford crack scandal, Somalis own the evidence

Safferz   

So not only is the fat b@stard not resigning after admitting he lied to the city for months and smokes crack, he's running for re-election in 2014! What a crock of sh!t.

Safferz   

Rob Ford: “I embarrassed everyone in the city’ but won’t resign

Published on Tue Nov 05 2013

A somber and shaken Rob Ford apologized repeatedly for his behaviour but insisted Tuesday he will not resign.

“I know I embarrassed everyone in the city. I know admitting my mistake was the right thing to do and I feel like a thousands pounds have been lifted off my shoulders,” he said four hours after admitting he smoked crack cocaine.

“Admitting it was the most difficult and embarrassing thing I’ve ever had to do. Folks, I have nothing left to hide.

Unlike the scheduled and controlled mid-afternoon news conference, the earlier one was impromptu, instigated by Ford when he came out unexpectedly to ask reporters to ask him their cocaine questions again.

This time, he spoke from a podium and used a script for about five minutes, starting at 4:25 p.m. and after taking a deep breath.

“I want to be clear. I want to be crystal clear to every single person. These mistakes will never ever happen again. I kept this from my family, especially my brother Doug, my staff, my council colleagues, because I was embarrassed and ashamed.

“To the residents of Toronto I know I have to regain your trust, your confidence. I love my job, I love the city, I love saving taxpayers money and I love being your mayor.

“For the sake of the taxpayers, we must get back to work immediately. I was elected to do a job and that’s exactly what I’m going to continue doing.”

Earlier, Ford told reporters outside his office, “Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine.”

“But no, do I, am I an addict? No. Have I tried it? Probably in one of my drunken stupors, probably approximately about a year ago,” he said at the earlier news conference.

“I answered your question. You ask the question properly, I’ll answer it. Yes, I’ve made mistakes. All I can do now is apologize and move on.”

Ford said he did not know the exact circumstances of his crack use.

“I don’t even remember,” he said. “Some of the stuff that you guys have seen me, the state I’ve been in? It’s a problem.”

Ford lawyer Dennis Morris told CP24 of that early news conference, “I don’t think he advised anyone” that he was going to confess.

Ford’s not saying anything earlier “is his way of dealing with it,” Morris said. An apology for drunkenness on Sunday was the start of his admission, he said.

Ford said in May that he does not smoke crack — using the present tense — but steadfastly refused to answer when asked repeatedly if he had ever smoked crack or done so while in office.

“I wasn’t lying. You didn’t ask the correct questions,” he said. “No, I’m not an addict and no I do not do drugs. I made mistakes in the past and all I can do is apologize but it is what it is. And I can’t change the past and I can apologize to my family, my friends, my colleagues and the people of this great city.”

In fact, Ford was asked repeatedly whether he has ever smoked crack. He dodged the question as recently as yesterday morning, saying simply that he is not an addict.

Nor did the admission slow down the calls for him to take a leave or resign from city councilors to as far afield as Justice Minister Peter MacKay, who said Ford “needs to get help.”

Evidence against Ford and pressure on him has escalated since last Thursday when Toronto police Chief Bill Blair dropped his own bombshell, announcing police had a video that showed Ford smoking what appeared to be crack cocaine.

It was the Toronto Star’s reports of that video that led to Ford’s May denial of crack use and even of the video’s existence.

Ford apologized on his Sunday radio show for drunken behaviour during Taste of the Danforth this summer and at city hall on St. Patrick’s Day 2012.

But he went back on the offensive Monday, telling AM640 host John Oakley, “I do not use drugs. I drink. I’ll be running the ship even if it’s by myself.”

On Monday and earlier Tuesday, Councillor Doug Ford launched a counter-attack on behalf of his younger brother Rob on radio programs and at a Ryerson University journalism class.

Doug Ford demanded Blair step aside during the police investigation into Ford’s meetings with an alleged drug dealer. Ford said he was going to file a formal complaint against the chief.

The police launched a months-long surveillance of Ford and alleged drug dealer Alexander “Sandro” Lisi after the Star’s disclosure of the video. Half the details of that investigation were released Thursday shortly before Blair’s news conference.

Police uncovered “no evidence of illegality,” Ford lawyer Morris told CP24.

More questions about the mayor remain unanswered from those police documents, one of them contained in a Star story Tuesday that questioned if Ford was paying the bills at 15 Windsor Rd., described as a crack house where it is believed the video of Ford was shot.

Safferz;984637 wrote:
So not only is the fat b@stard not resigning after admitting he lied to the city for months and smokes crack, he's running for re-election in 2014! What a crock of sh!t.

Punish him in the ballot box, make him lose that way. This man clearly has a strong support in the city of Toronto, and I know plenty of people that will vote for him again.

The liberals shouldn't worry now that it is "proven" that he smoked cracked, his easy to beat right?

underdog   

AfricaOwn;984654 wrote:
Punish him in the ballot box, make him lose that way. This man clearly has a strong support in the city of Toronto, and I know plenty of people that will vote for him again.

The liberals shouldn't worry now that it is "proven" that he smoked cracked,
his easy to beat right?

Do you not remember Washington DC "mayor for life" Marion Barry?

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Khayr   

DoctorKenney;984614 wrote:
This is one of the most hilarious news stories I've ever come across!
:D

The Mayor of Toronto is a crack head. It really doesn't get any funnier than that.

So too was the former Black Mayor of D.C.

Ibtisam   

Wow!! Lol How amazingly insulting.

Only thing left is for him to run and WIN- :eek: mad world. Although to be honest, warlords, murders, mass corruption all run and win presidency posts- so a little mayor who is an addict is not so high on the moral outrage scale I guess.

Safferz   

It's the gift that keeps on giving... wish I could embed it here, but the Toronto Star just posted a leaked video with Rob Ford talking about wanting to kill someone, although the context is unclear from the video.

Rob Ford caught in video rant

Rob Ford has been caught on a new video staggering around an unknown living room ranting gibberish and acting wildly.

By: Kevin Donovan Investigations, David Bruser News Reporter, Jesse McLean Published on Thu Nov 07 2013

Rob Ford , the mayor of Canada’s largest city, has been caught on videotape staggering around an unknown living room ranting gibberish and gesticulating wildly.

“I’m gonna kill that f**king guy. I’m telling you, it’s first-degree murder,” Mayor Rob Ford rages as someone in the room secretly uses a cellular phone to film the chief magistrate’s addled tirade.

The target of the mayor’s anger is not in the room and is not known to the Star.

“I’ll rip his ******* throat out. I’ll poke his eyes out. . . . I’ll make sure that mother******’s dead,” Ford says, then hitches up his pant legs as if bracing for action.

His ire appears to be directed at someone who has called him, and brothers Doug and Randy, “liars, thieves.”

Wednesday, Ford’s chief of staff Earl Provost said he could not speak to the Star about the video. “I am sorry I cannot talk to you about this,” Provost said.

Also on Wednesday, the Star sent a transcript of the video, a description of the video’s contents and an offer to show it to the following people in the mayor’s circle: Ford, his brother Councillor Doug Ford, Provost, deputy chief of staff Sunny Petrujkic, spokesman Amin Massoudi, and to Ford’s lawyer Dennis Morris.

The Star invited all of them to view the video, either at their office or the Star’s office, and provide an explanation for Ford’s behaviour. None of them took the Star up on its offer as of Thursday.

Last week, Police Chief Bill Blair announced that investigators recovered two video clips relevant to extortion charges laid against the mayor's “close friend” Alexander “Sandro” Lisi. One of those videos is of the mayor smoking what appears to be crack, which two Star reporters viewed in May.

There is no suggestion that this video is the second video Blair referred to in his press conference.

The Star purchased this video.

This doughboy looking motha.#$@ put the city on the map. I'll fly back to Toronto just to vote for him. Suddenly Canadian politics got mad interesting.

Anyone watch the fifth estate piece on the Rob Ford Saga? I haven't gotten around to it yet.

The full episode can be found at the link below, I don't know if it'll work for those living outside Canada.

The Fifth Estate