Che -Guevara

Remembering the Heroes of the Somali Nation-SYL May 15,1943

Khadafi   

Thanks Che for reminding us, I actually attended an event honoring this day. It's incredible that nationalistic youth aging 18-30 engaged fascist italians and defeated them----- They attained independence

SYL are the beacons of light and proud of Somalism. It had offices/xaafisyo in all somali-parts of geeska Afika, It was active soomali-galbeed northeast and deep south.

Ilaahay ha u naxariisto halgamayaashaas.

syl.jpg

Khadafi   

That safferz interview contained many errors safferz. The BBC team will probably correct it. Before SYL, the organisation was called Hamar Youth Club and the chair man was Maxamed Cismaan maayow.

The interviewed, the doctor says that the chair man of HYC was Garad Makhtal. I think he made a mistake here, HYC later changed it name to SYL and nationalism spread on to all corners of Somalia, including the british controlled Soomali-Galbeed. Garad Makhtal daahir (alle ha u naxaaristo) was the first to open a office their in jiggjiga and become its chairman...

Safferz   

Khadafi;952079 wrote:
That safferz interview contained many errors safferz. The BBC team will probably correct it. Before SYL, the organisation was called Hamar Youth Club and the chair man was Maxamed Cismaan maayow.

The interviewed, the doctor says that the chair man of HYC was Garad Makhtal. I think he made a mistake here, HYC later changed it name to SYL and nationalism spread on to all corners of Somalia, including the british controlled Soomali-Galbeed. Garad Makhtal daahir (alle ha u naxaaristo) was the first to open a office their in jiggjiga and become its chairman...

I believe he was talking about the leadership of SYL's branch in the @gaden when he said that. But he's correct that it was called the Somali Youth Club before changing their name to the Somali Youth League in 1947.

1 hour ago, maakhiri1 said:

Hadda tiro baa jirta, waagaas tayo baa jirtay.

Xitaa aqoontu aad bay uyareyd.

Dunida Muslimka dhanaa saan ah. Waa astaamaha ka mid ah in aakhiro samaanka soo dhowyahay.

My father joined SYL, too, in late 1940s in Jubbada Sare (Alta Jubba). His own first cousins joined ururkii ku dhisnaa qabiilka (HDM) in 1950s after he refused to join. They also challenged him in each election and kept losing.

Soomaalidii dooran jirtay xalaal ayee ahaayeen oo maankooda saafi ah and not influenced by qabiil. Heck, they even voted next to my old man's district in Xuddur a Buraashadleey xildhibaan asalkiisa 'geegii mariidi' ahaa, kana soo jeeday Nugaal. His name was Aaden Diiriye, father of Nuuradiin Aaden Diiriye.

49 minutes ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Dunida Muslimka dhanaa saan ah. Waa astaamaha ka mid ah in aakhiro samaanka soo dhowyahay.

My father joined SYL, too, in late 1940s in Jubbada Sare (Alta Jubba). His own first cousins joined ururkii ku dhisnaa qabiilka (HDM) in 1950s after he refused to join. They also challenged him in each election and kept losing.

Soomaalidii dooran jirtay xalaal ayee ahaayeen oo maankooda saafi ah and not influenced by qabiil. Heck, they even voted next to my old man's district in Xuddur a Buraashadleey xildhibaan asalkiisa 'geegii mariidi' ahaa, kana soo jeeday Nugaal. His name was Aaden Diiriye, father of Nuuradiin Aaden Diiriye.

Horta wax taariikh ah oo wax layiraahdo Digil Mirifle oo ay Gumaystihii ama cidkale qortay majiraa? Ha ila yaabin I have not seen any. Waa genuine question.

Wax la yiraahdo kulahaa.

Saan maa kaa daacad ah? Anyway, aqoonyahanka Maxamed Xaaji Mukhtaar ma maqashay iyo buugaagtuu qoray? How about Cabdi Kuusoow? How about Virginia Luling and her book, Somali Sultanate: The **** City-State over 150 Years? This the first book written by a non-Soomaali solely about a Somali sub-clan's history.

Arafaat   

SYL as a political party may have underestimated the pluriformity of political voices in the country.