Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Xog: Govt will recognize President Barre of Jubbaland.

Apophis;950487 wrote:
Ahmed Madoobe is causing many to show their true colours but the train won't stop. The new state can and will defend itself from within and without. And I would add that the thread starter has, and not for the first time, made HUGE claims without providing a shred of evidence. I for one would like to see any evidence for the following claims from Gabbal:

1. The Somali government finally put in a formal complaint against Kenyan political interference (last card used to save relations)

2. Somali military has ordered all Somali government troops in that sector to follow President Barre's command

3. Formal political recognition will be bestowed in a legitimate interaction

Gabbal is a known commodity :D :D

Che -Guevara;950494 wrote:
Of all the people they could have appointed, they chose Barre, a certified warlord? That's shame.

Only a warlord can confront another warlord

Che Somalidu waxay ku mah mahaan, gadh gadh ba la tusa

Jacpher   

Che -Guevara;950494 wrote:
Of all the people they could have appointed, they chose Barre, a certified warlord? That's shame.

One that has never been part of the process nor attended the conference. Perhaps anyone in the city could have claimed a winner too if all you need is be in the city.

Apophis are you nervous man you should celebrate you have 5000 Kenyans protecting you against Hiiraale and the gedo boys allied to hassan culusow and co , on the other side you have the amiir and his forces with their black flags you are free from them 2. My dear friend you are in good hands no need to worry aslong as the Kenyans are in Somalia your position is secure. You have your first President in Somalia congrats. Also congrats to barre hiiraale , laba madaxweyne in kismayo , this is fantastic:D

Chimera   

xiinfaniin;950482 wrote:
I refuse to accept such weak argument from you, Chimera. I hold you to a higher standard than the usual, angry clannists in this board.

Since when Madoobe become a warlord? I mean I want to you to do a little digging & tell me which area he controlled as a warlord. In the current Jubbaland arrangement, Madoobe become a factor because he was the only former Islamic Courts leader opposed to Alshabaab that had a presence in the region. IGAD incorporated his militias and rightly so to liberate Kismayo from Alshabaab. But instead of becoming a strong man, and claiming he is the leader of this region, he led the effort to elect a legitimate administration for all 3 regions. Unless you are telling us, a former Islamic Courts leaders should never have a leadership position, your argument of lumping his name with former warlords does not make him warlord.

A warlord denotes ruling over an area through force independently from a central authority. Granted his force was in response to Al-Shabaab, but he has a paramilitary background nonetheless. I want to see less "former commanders" and more civilian politicians in Somalia taking the big seats, regardless of their clans. I never liked Sheikh Sharif for the same reason, and would have preferred someone like the late Ibrahim Hassan Adow as president if electing a former Islamic Courts member was the only option on the table.

I expressed this sentiment since 2006.

Chimera,

I have many preferences but I tell my self today is not the day where I can choose one alternative over another. For Somalia to come back and revive itself, we need to be realistic about our current choices and not forget yesterday's experience. We are where we are because our politics has gotten more realistic and practical, the reason we are NOT witnessing Mogadishu residents fighting foreign troops in the city and much of the country. Madoobe has persevered for Jubbaland stability and he has been elected fair and square --granted he was the favorite but he did not put a gun on anyone's head.

Apophis;950527 wrote:
You know god can see your heart and whats in it. You have no pure or even neutral intentions. You just want war. Give it a rest sxb.

God i thought you didn't believe in God

Apophis,

Xaaji Habaar will soon commence his dark prayers against the enemy clan after the one day news of Barre interview ends in disappointment :D

That what the weak ones do --habaar

STOIC   

Xiiin, what is next now? Of course the state can't have two presidents with different platforms. The first seed of doubt has been planted already with two presidents claiming the government. Armed with a new strategy the D-block including Gabal folks should go back to the drawing board armed with a new strategy to solve this problem. Mogadishu government is bruised, battered and certainly are part of the surge of disappointment in solving this problem. My advice is you guys are brothers and don't let oThers take advantage Of your political disagreements. It is your kids and your resources that will be depleted.

xaaji xunjuf is a disgusting creature wishes everyday to see fightings in somalia so he can achieve his seccesionist agenda. The likes of him are the biggest threat after Al shabaab

^^STOIC,

There is no two presidents---simple as that.

Now in light of what transpired today, the government has a choice to amend its stance and accept the democratic outcome (I think that is what it will do). Or continue whining from Mogadishu and complain to foreign entities about matters internal to Somalia.

Thanks for the advice ...but one knows exactly what one is doing

Three major problems facing Ahmed madoobe , he cannot work with gedo and jubbaland will have no legitimacy with out gedo that's one obstacle.

The other problem facing Ahmed madoobe is the government in Mogadishu they didn't welcome his presidency

And the 3rd Major problem is the other clans in the region will feel that they are sidelined because the vp and president both belong to one clan.