Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

President Hassan Chilling with his Family

Aaliyyah   

Lool@ Safferz. You are not wrong abt Somalis being obsessed with curtains.

Beautiful photos, he seems a loving father. How many kids does he have?

Safferz;949304 wrote:
This is slightly off topic but can someone explain to me why, as a people, we like curtains so much? Curtains as doors, wall-to-wall curtains, curtains on walls that have no windows, etc lol. And why does this bother me?

Otherwise, cute photos
:)

Daahyada darbiyada waxaa loogu wareejiyo because wasaqda darbiga ku dhagsan qarisaa, waana iska kinda fashion. Irida waxaa loogu xiraa for private reasons. Why don't they just close the door? Because qolka leer fiican masoo galeyso otherwise. Dadka Soomaaliya joogo ayaana saan sameeyo. It started in late '70s to early '80s, the wall-to-wall daah, that is.

It is same reason they paint all the walls green/blue, too, which is kinda absurd to me. There were some evictions in Islii, Nayroobi, after some renters painted their flats those monstrous colours without getting permits from the owners. They didn't know it would be extremely hard to repaint it again in mild white/cream, the standard colours.

Waa runtaa, I extremely dislike this myself, including the primary colour-painting of the walls as well.

raula   

^^so finally we agree on something :D (concur w/Safferz on this)-its depressing & tacky.

Nonetheless, awesome pic & great family Mansha-allah.

Safferz, I think we're all bothered by it. Run for office after Hassan and ban these tacky brown room tents loool. Like everyone beautiful pics, does he have one or more wifes like Sharif Oba?

Safferz   

Naxar Nugaaleed;949486 wrote:
Safferz, I think we're all bothered by it.
Run for office after Hassan
and ban these tacky brown room tents loool

Naxar that is a fantastic idea. I will start working on my platform immediately, but restricting curtains to windows is certainly high on the national agenda.

Khadafi   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;949387 wrote:
. There were some evictions in Islii, Nayroobi, after some renters painted their flats those monstrous colours without getting permits from the owners. They didn't know it would be extremely hard to repaint it again in mild white/cream, the standard colours.

Waa runtaa, I extremely dislike this myself, including the primary colour-painting of the walls as well.

That made me laugh maskiin, I think i saw those buildings, it was surely bizarre to see that. I was thinking for myself, who was the genious who thought of these colors? Xaasidnimo mee ka ahayd? Was it on porpuse to make the houses ugly?