Sign in to follow this  
Cara.

Sijuis and Sixir

^ wa `alaykumu s-salāmu wa rahmatu l-lāhi wa barakātuh, ya biraadar.

my learned biraadar, can you please tell us what other cultural practices are fitnah, shirk and kufr?

waa bila towfiq....

Abu Alfa Al Blondee.

do you know Sheikh Mohamed Al-Malki from Medina. he's my friend, you know.

N.O.R.F   

Oman has a reputation for sixir (I think its unwarranted). A collegue invited us to his village for Eid celebrations but warned us not to talk to the old men of the town. It didn't register until I had plenty of conversation and a full stomach (I thought he meant something else).

Mustafe   

My grandma used to tell me to avoid sijuis when we lived in Mombasa. She said these people were jealous of Somalis as they have been enslaved by foreigners and would put a spell on you. rumour had it that they themselves excelled at sixir and il. From then on I never trust a sijui, I even used to avoid playing with their kids.Apparently they were snitches too and would call the police on you if u had no kitambulisho or whatever the hell its called. After connecting all the dots and using a bit of deductive reasoning, I came to the conclusions its best to have minimal contact with anyone who is sijui. I mean who in thei right mind would have absolutely no problem eating Ugali 3 times a day?!

Haatu   

Mustafe;948675 wrote:
My grandma used to tell me to avoid sijuis when we lived in Mombasa. She said these people were jealous of Somalis as they have been enslaved by foreigners and would put a spell on you. rumour had it that they themselves excelled at sixir and il. From then on I never trust a sijui, I even used to avoid playing with their kids.Apparently they were snitches too and would call the police on you if u had no kitambulisho or whatever the hell its called. After connecting all the dots and using a bit of deductive reasoning, I came to the conclusions its best to have minimal contact with anyone who is sijui. I mean who in thei right mind would have absolutely no problem eating Ugali 3 times a day?!

Are you talking about the Somalis in Kenya or the Waswahili?

Malika   

^Haha - reer Somalia have selective thinking process, mingiis iyo saarka yaa tuumi jiire? if not reer Somalia?..Lol

Witch craft and superstition isnt unique a 'sijui' [what a blo.ddy generalisation!!] - its common in Africa/Asia/Gulf and heck! even a midst the westerners.

stop the hate, somalis everywhere have sixir, mingis, and lots of superstitious bs. aren't sujuu the same clans found in the other regions? as a good example, wasn't someone claiming the new Foreign Minister in another forum as a D-Hunter; well she's sujuu, deal with it

NGONGE   

The most amusing thing about this topic is that Cara wrote it. It also, in a funny and round about way, gives it some truth. :D :D

raula   

^^watch out now..i might throw some sixir on you...& adoo milif iyo milif meelba uu rooraayo baa la arki.."waryaa arke..Raula.." :D

Now Cara what's you beef w/sijui's adna :D mise taada waa daandaansi :D

Malika ma aragte...balaayo wax qiiqiyaan..lubaadin iyo acuudka lol :D

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind,

The Sovereign of mankind.

The God of mankind,

From the evil of the retreating whisperer -

Who whispers [evil] into the breasts of mankind -

From among the jinn and mankind."

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak

From the evil of that which He created

And from the evil of darkness when it settles

And from the evil of the blowers in knots

And from the evil of an envier when he envies."

^^ Thanks for sharing OdaySomali.

There is no need to be afraid of sihr and the jinn for you can protect yourself easily from it with the quran and dua. As the quran says the magicians will never be successful no matter how powerful their skills are.