Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

Marry young or marry old?

Toes   

Safferz;958530 wrote:
Why does a "women" sub-forum even exist?

You've been here longer than me...why dont you answer that question.

Financial play a role. Few months ago my son and I went to wedding meher. As he observed the elaborate event, the amount of food, the number of guests and the venue in which it was held, he asked me very simple but practical questions: Aabo who pays for this? The groom only? Do his parents chip in and contribute ?

I do not intend to share my response to him here, but I thought this should be considered in the discussion of marrying early. But just like NGONGE said, marry young if you can. I mean young. My mother used to say: wax lagu talo xumaado , guur baa ugu fiican . Disobey the command of your heart, and use your head. Weliba gabdhuhu, si dhaqsa ah ha u guursadeen it is good that way. Wiilashu iyagu waa loo dul qaadan karaa ayaamo

kickz   

Waranle_Warrior;949002 wrote:
And what about Sex? since most of you disapprove marrying young or at least not encourage it, what are we suppose to do because unlike Gaalo's we cannot play or sleep around as Muslims we are strictly not allowed to have sex outside marriage. You either fast few days every week and completely shut off your mind from the manhood/womanhood thing for many years during your prime age which is very hard to do given all the temptations around you day in day out. Also it can be unhealthy and a burden for the individual just think about all the mental issues and sexual frustration it builds up on the person.

Also getting married is not only about having kids or getting into a stable (not with a new person after every while) life - that's for Gaalo's who want kids in their mid or late 30's or finally decided to settle down with one person. But Muslims do it for many other reasons and one does not necessarily need to have kids immediately as they can delay it. The most important thing is to have an opposite partner that completes and balances your life and health in every sense - and if that can happen from a young age and its possible I encourage it.

Sxb the deen tells us that 3 things must not be delayed 1. The salaat that is fardh. 2. The funeral prayers of a deceased person who's body is present. 3. And marriage.

If one is financially able they should marry as soon as possible, so really this "wait until 30s" is foolishness. If one's parents can help him financially then marry even while still studying in school.

Marriage is only right when u meet the right person........i.e., everything syncs with both of u!! And when system fails due to a bug, yall find a bug fix!! lol

So love system is running kol.........its all kol!

kickz;962999 wrote:
Sxb the deen tells us that 3 things must not be delayed 1. The salaat that is fardh. 2. The funeral prayers of a deceased person who's body is present. 3. And marriage.

If one is financially able they should marry as soon as possible, so really this "wait until 30s" is foolishness. If one's parents can help him financially then marry even while still studying in school.

The Prophet himself married and also encouraged others to marry. This means marrying when the partner is found and not delaying it for too long. It doesn't mean marrying when you are young. Marriage is not based on age.

kickz   

Speaking of marriage has anyone had experience with mixed race marriages?

Specifically Arab/Somali marriages.

yes, it always ends in failure 100%, there was this somali girl i knew that married an arab, he would shout at her on the streets and call her all sorts of names and Arabs usually won't allow their females to be wedded by habashi men, ever.

Tallaabo   

Safferz;958530 wrote:
Why does a "women" sub-forum even exist?

They should make a "men" sub-forum too for equality sake;)

Coofle   

Tallaabo;967763 wrote:
They should make a "men" sub-forum too for equality sake;)

and what topics do you think would be dissected, Excluding politics -its own subforum- and Sports - part of General forum- .. Women and topics related to women is next in line thus we have Women forum---its not only for women, it also encompasses topics about women by men.....Thus your argument is revoked. no need for a man sub-forum

CooleyM   

The age depends on a certain man, but according to my experience most guys are not ready for marriage at 25-26. 30+ is a good age for marriage I think