Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

Marry young or marry old?

Oz   

The first two years are like uh ah :cool:....after that oh fine I will just go on for the sake..

Aaliyyah   

Inshallah gurigayga ma galayo mid diin beelay. Gayankayga ma ah oo waan ka durki gabigiisaba ..Lovely gabay. Thanks for sharing. :D

And what about Sex? since most of you disapprove marrying young or at least not encourage it, what are we suppose to do because unlike Gaalo's we cannot play or sleep around as Muslims we are strictly not allowed to have sex outside marriage. You either fast few days every week and completely shut off your mind from the manhood/womanhood thing for many years during your prime age which is very hard to do given all the temptations around you day in day out. Also it can be unhealthy and a burden for the individual just think about all the mental issues and sexual frustration it builds up on the person.

Also getting married is not only about having kids or getting into a stable (not with a new person after every while) life - that's for Gaalo's who want kids in their mid or late 30's or finally decided to settle down with one person. But Muslims do it for many other reasons and one does not necessarily need to have kids immediately as they can delay it. The most important thing is to have an opposite partner that completes and balances your life and health in every sense - and if that can happen from a young age and its possible I encourage it.

raula   

Juxa;947730 wrote:
I think Coofle's sheeko is very applicable lakinse those saying guurso, guurso are full of lug'gooyo

Marry markaad rabto! for the ladies i resent the whole biology clock b!s , there is a lot more into fertility than age, other factors are important too. No woman should be valued by the quality or the quantities of her ukumo

there is more into life than husband/wife and caruur

true & true however, lineage evolution & survival dictates otherwise my dear-marka biology says your propensity of chromosomal/genetic/deleterious genes increases w/inbreeding (even more pertinent now w/somalis marrying among CLAN LINES) & marrying at later age. Laakinse if you value more in marriage than progeny as COOFLE (& others), then marry markaad doontid. Waana runta, guurku waa xil aad qaadeysid..so better be mature first before jumping in w/head first. On the flip-side some scientific theories mention that maturity comes w/age (as in later in age)

Juxa   

I ask this question to the girls, have you ever sat yourself and asked yourself, DO I WANT A CHILD?

i doubt many did, it is just natural for ladies to go along because it is expected..........you wont be welcomed to the fold unless you give birth, preferably every 9 months.

Child-birth should be a choice (with allah's blessings) of course as i accept that everyone is not blessed with a child, should they choose to have one

These are difficult points, with much more to it than simplistic, usual chit-chat.

One thing stands clear however, biology can not be tampered with and ideal children bearing seem to be between 18-30 or 35 at most, with even men sperm getting deficient (and more risks to the child) afterwards;

likewise, society requires stable relationships for its harmony (think the disaster in every way for all those blacks born out of wedlock in the USA or all the distraction and criminality in chasing and impressing the opposite sex etc).

No doubt thus that early marriage should be strongly encouraged with care however when strong desire is present (which is, in most cases lately) but married youth require counselling and support both before and after marriage, in particular when it comes to Somalis with all our general issues (not least to provide the next generation with enough affection and attention to stay clear of troubles) ...

PS: the somali way of a child every year or so in the hope "mid ayaa hagaagi" by becoming doctor is questionable but spacing and raising children (the Quran recommends breastfeeding so 2 years at least of distance should be the rule) are altogether other topics however crucial, than marriage (more and more infertility issues lately too)...

Toes   

SomaliPhilosopher;947133 wrote:
Should men marry while young or old (32+)...................

Why did you put this under the Women category

Safferz   

Toes;958262 wrote:
Why did you put this under the Women category

Why does a "women" sub-forum even exist?