Sign in to follow this  
D.O.C

Fiska VS Nimco yaasiin mighty clash!

Very powerful words. Such eloquence and presentation of each individual's point of view.

Like Odwayne said this depicts the reality of Somali politics in a fantastic literary format and that everyone has somewhat reasonable but diverging points.

Illyria   

Without taking anything away from the vocals of the two ladies on display, I take issue with the lyrics from three angles.

Firstly, there is a "Deelqaaf" in the poetic composition of the verses, which the literati would have a field day, if they ever bother to avail it a worthy critique.

Secondly, this line, "anigu jeesbaan noqdee" loses the argument for the secessionists winning it for the unionists. it finally dawns on the secessionists the reality of their being a "Jees" rather than the after-sought "Ardaa" of what was then the British Somaliland, and facing up to the untenable reality at last settling for the triangle, 1/3 of the former colony. So "Jees" is now the brand?

And finally, in these lines, there is a fallacy, which the SNL Northerners have been peddling for years in their claim that they were the nationalist pioneers of the union, but others were too polite to puncture a hole through their chauvinistic absurdities. They played a role, but the truth remains there were two factors that influenced the SNL folks to come to Xamar: the nationalist campaign fervour of SYL in all Somali territories including NFD, Somali Galbeed, Jibouti, and of course British Somaliland, and the bellows of USP who saw their place at the table of the union.

"jeer hore waa taad midnimo, jid dheer iisoo martee ha jeedane joog walaal."

But then again, you will all be singing its praise as if the second coming.

As you were,

Carafaat   

Illyria;946439 wrote:
And finally, in these lines, there is a fallacy, which the SNL Northerners have been peddling for years in their claim that they were the nationalist pioneers of the union, but others were too polite to puncture a hole through their chauvinistic absurdities. They played a role, but
the truth remains there were two factors that influenced the SNL folks to come to Xamar: the nationalist campaign fervour of SYL in all Somali territories including NFD, Somali Galbeed, Jibouti, and of course British Somaliland
, and the bellows of USP who saw their place at the table of the union.

Ilyria, rewriting history are we? SYL played no significant role in the former British Somaliland. It were SNL and USP who championed the Union and came to Xamar and made the Union possible. Come again.

D.O.C   

Illyria;946439 wrote:
Without taking anything away from the vocals of the two ladies on display, I take issue with the lyrics from three angles.

Firstly, there is a "Deelqaaf" in the poetic composition of the verses, which the literati would have a field day, if they ever bother to avail it a worthy critique.

Secondly, this line,
"anigu jeesbaan noqdee"
loses the argument for the secessionists winning it for the unionists. it finally dawns on the secessionists the reality of their being a "Jees" rather than the after-sought "Ardaa" of what was then the British Somaliland, and facing up to the untenable reality at last settling for the triangle, 1/3 of the former colony. So "Jees" is now the brand?

And finally, in these lines, there is a fallacy, which the SNL Northerners have been peddling for years in their claim that they were the nationalist pioneers of the union, but others were too polite to puncture a hole through their chauvinistic absurdities. They played a role, but the truth remains there were two factors that influenced the SNL folks to come to Xamar: the nationalist campaign fervour of SYL in all Somali territories including NFD, Somali Galbeed, Jibouti, and of course British Somaliland, and the bellows of USP who saw their place at the table of the union.

"jeer hore waa taad midnimo, jid dheer iisoo martee ha jeedane joog walaal."

But then again, you will all be singing its praise as if the second coming.

As you were,

First of all, i believe you misunderstood the whole ditty and its meaning or maybe you were listening to another melody while you in visit to this thread, i don’t know!

While i am taking your starting quote “Without taking anything away from the vocals of the two ladies on display, I take issue with the lyrics from three angles”

For your first angle, you only criticise the lyrics itself without any elucidation of your dislike except the “ deelqaaf”. The composer (abwaan) of the song had perfectly demonstrated a high level neutrality for both parts (Somalia and Somaliland). May be we as different nations describe the word “deelqaaf” in different ways and that shows our widening differences in contrary to the words that southerners crave to say “same people, same language and same religion” therefore i take that as one down two to go.

Secondly angle, you disputed about the word “anigu baan jees noqdee” again this idiom replicates the previous illustrations of your word “deelqaaf” nothing else. With triangle, yes this is where the most population of the country resides and also it is where the decision is made and final. If you referring your argument to one qabiil rather than 3 cities, then you need to come out from your shell and be man enough to say that. The infirmity of your afSomali continues especially where you favoured “ardaa over jees”. Ardaa is more associated with single qabiil and can only be confined to xigto or close clan. Where the jees is definitely out of the qabiil context, for instance a one can say “this guy is my ardaa, but not jees, so you once again lost the plot.

And finally the terminology of "jeer hore waa taad midnimo, jid dheer iisoo martee ha jeedane joog walaal" intelligibly displays the capability, the proficiency and competence of Somaliland people shown last time (1960s) when the two Somalis united breaking all the obstacle somalilanders faced with enormous flair. The northerners fought back in all hindrances in order to safeguard the abused brothers/ sisters (in the southern Somalia) from their Italian owners who were using these human being as bridges, overpasses, flyovers not to mention various maltreatment they faced daily basis. In all, this verse means “you (Somaliland) had initiated and brokered the lengthy awaited unionship of somalia with great difficulties, please don’t leave me, rather stay.

Illyria   

So now reer Hawd are considered reer Koonfureed?

What is your definition of the word "Deelqaaf" in poetry?

D.O.C   

Reer hawd is not reer koonfureed. May be you read forth to back.

As with the word deelqaaf, it has quiet the opposite meaning of what your description.

D.O.C   

Illyria;946528 wrote:
How old are you?

You think you are clever ain't you? Or just ran out of gibberish?

Illyria   

Clever, perhpas not, but rationale being, yes.

See if you can try this one more time. It is very simple. indulge me.

Let me give you a clue:

Aw-muuse deelleyda gabay, adi laguu daaye,

Adigaa dubuubtiyo tixaha, doo dabaal baraye,

Deelqaaf la'aan waadigii, daadahayn jiraye.

D.O.C   

Illyria;946535 wrote:
Clever, perhpas not, but rationale being, yes.

See if you can try this one more time. It is very simple. indulge me.

Deelqaaf waa gef ama xadgudub in my part of the world.

If asked you, explain the color of the car i am driving, what would say?

Carafaat   

Ilyria seems to have object the Somali Republic's Union of Somaliland and Somalia. Even with the songs he has 'issues'. :D

D.O.C   

Carafaat;946539 wrote:
Ilyria seems to have object the
Somali Republic's Union of Somaliland and Somalia
. Even with the songs he has 'issues'.
:D

Carafaad i am just baffled with this person :D

Illyria   

I thought I was being very specific. Poetry is the clue.

Let me give you a clue:

Aw-muuse deelleyda gabay, adi laguu daaye,

Adigaa dubuubtiyo tixaha, doo dabaal baraye,

Deelqaaf la'aan waadigii, daadahayn jiraye.

Do you still think so?

D.O.C;946538 wrote:
Deelqaaf waa gef ama xadgudub in my part of the world.

D.O.C   

And one said "hadal waa mergoo kale hadba meel u jiidmee" adigu may fahantey??

oooooooooooops and you haven't answered my question yet....

Illyria   

Now you know why I asked how old you were. moving on.

I do not know the colour of your car nor do I care as it has no relevance to the topic unless of course you wish to invent an angle.