Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

The African Diaspora in the Indian Ocean World

Wadani   

Safferz;945820 wrote:
We ain't friends either Wadani lol

I'll remedy this during the next debate. I'm already on ebay looking for deals on pon pons. :P

Safferz   

oba hiloowlow;945821 wrote:
safferz we're friends laakin sow maaha.
:D

No we're not oba, what the hell was this?

oba hiloowlow;945801 wrote:
Go Chimeera Go!!!!!

Safferz   

Apophis;945823 wrote:
Is SOL so bereft of girls that everyone is chasing Safferz? The poor creature must feel like a deer during the hunting season
:D

War where are the other eligible dumars:D:D

I've wondered about this, maybe those of you who have a longer history on SOL can tell me... is it a predominantly male forum? Where are all the women?

Haatu   

Saffz, you should've made yourself clearer. You could've spared us Chimera's essays :D (nice read tho, you go get those Injirley).

Tallaabo   

I subscribe to Chimera's school of thought. Inta kale meesha wax kuma hayso.

I believe in the coming decades the Somali peninsula’s ancient treasures will be unearthed my experts from around the world and our history will be on display for everyone to see.

Somalis were and still are hard people, violent and camel herders - that's not a trait a predator/slave master is looking for in a human commodity. The Somalis historically have organized themselves in groups of clans and tribes and everyone knew the ancestors and the names of the members of the clan or sub group. If any one of them disappeared or is killed by another clan/sub-group or anyone else they had always sought a way to avenge for their loss, its called Aano and it still exists.

Given these camel herder Waranle, always ready for combat, mentality of Somalis I doubt the earlier Arab/Western slave masters would have easy target in Somalia to abduct slaves.

Reeyo   

Nice read, I wish it never got so emotional though it sent the whole debate into non-sense.

Tallaabo   

Safferz;945816 wrote:
Yet another example of not reading the thread before contributing to the discussion:

hvwe28.jpg.gif

Lol this gif is hillarious;)

Tallaabo   

Waranle_Warrior;946196 wrote:
Somalis were and still are hard people, violent and camel herders - that's not a trait a predator/slave master is looking for in a human commodity. The Somalis historically have organized themselves in groups of clans and tribes and everyone knew the ancestors and the names of the members of the clan or sub group. If any one of them disappeared or is killed by another clan/sub-group or anyone else they had always sought a way to avenge for their loss, its called Aano and it still exists.

Given these camel herder Waranle, always ready for combat, mentality of Somalis I doubt the earlier Arab/Western slave masters would have easy target in Somalia to abduct slaves.

Arab and Western slave traders probably knew well that if they abducted any Somali from any clan, the slave traders themselves would be enslaved by the victim's tribe as a revenge:cool: