Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

The African Diaspora in the Indian Ocean World

Wadani   

Finally Safferz suffers a defeat. Lool it was a long time coming but its come. My hat goes off to Chimera.

Safferz   

Wadani;945788 wrote:
Finally Safferz suffers a defeat. Lool it was a long time coming but its come. My hat goes off to Chimera.

If you paid more attention, you'd know I often withdraw from debates when they go to sh*t (for a recent example, see the thread on Somali origins). That's not defeat, that's guarding my time and knowing that SOL "historians" operate with different conventions and standards of historicity, factuality and reason that would be laughed out of the academy.

Safferz   

Blackflash;945762 wrote:
Who said anything about being descendants of slaves? I'm pretty sure the all of this thread's participants are one or two generations removed from Somalia making that case unlikely.

Why are some of you confusing the likelihood of the slave trade having
some
adverse effect on Somalis, with mass enslavement?

Because SOLers enter threads like this and start typing:

37020-didnt-read-lol-eLU8.gif

Wadani;945788 wrote:

it is always the fool who rushes to take sides....somaha? but then again, i'm not surprised, since you're a sand-dwelling little boy. you leave Saffz ALONE, ma garatay? otherwise, i will defend her honour. :mad:

Safferz;945792 wrote:
If you paid more attention, you'd know I often withdraw from debates when they go to sh*t (for a recent example, see the thread on Somali origins).
That's not defeat, that's guarding my time and knowing that SOL "historians" operate with different conventions and standards of historicity, factuality and reason that would be laughed out of the academy

always know...... those who've pledge an oath of loyalty........... to the order of the three tigress of Bamako will be there at your beck and call, know that.!

Safferz;945798 wrote:
Get out of here with that song Alpha, I was thinking more this as the soundtrack to my post:

:confused:

so it appears, our Resident temptress is more hood than a Gabrielle Union in neo-blaxploitation flick. so much for the silver spoon upbringing in suburbia, ma istidhi? listening to all that nigga crap. akhas. :mad:

my choice of song was befitting of the epic sense of duty....i felt in the exact moment in time . i'm afraid, i was wrong and regretfully so..... :(

we are dead Saffooow, inaar.

Safferz   

^^ Alpha I told you we were dead in PMs just yesterday, and by insulting Wadani you have insulted my maternal beeble as well dee. Clearly we have little in common if you thought I'd enjoy Evita.

oba hiloowlow;945801 wrote:
Go Chimeera Go!!!!!

The full length novel should be out soon.

Safferz;945805 wrote:
^^ Alpha I told you we were dead in
PMs just yesterday,
and by insulting Wadani you have insulted my maternal beeble as well dee. Clearly we have little in common if you thought I'd enjoy Evita.

tumblr_lrwoyrfLSC1ql91nmo1_500.gif

Wadani   

Safferz;945805 wrote:
^^ Alpha I told you we were dead in PMs just yesterday, and by insulting Wadani you have insulted my maternal beeble as well dee. Clearly we have little in common if you thought I'd enjoy Evita.

U sheeg abti. :D

Safferz   

Apophis;945810 wrote:
This whole debate could have been settled if our resident "historian" had been clear about her semantics. Is it logical to assume some Somalis fell into the hands of slave traders, yes it is possible (hardly something worthy of analysis as the numbers were too few to "matter"; a pedantic exercise really) but were Somalis enslaved as was the case with West Africans, i.e was there systematic slave trade of Somalis selling other Somalis, the answer is a simple nein. There's no evidence to support this. And this attempt of "Habashising" Somalis, to prove your baseless assertion, like the Dodo, won't fly because, as Chimera finds, Somalis were clearly distinct ethnic group from the Habashi highlanders.

Semantics dear, semantics. You get an F.

Yours,

An IR grad
:D

Yet another example of not reading the thread before contributing to the discussion:

hvwe28.jpg.gif

Safferz   

lool great scene and great show :) I was just saying if you had read the thread, you would know that I never said anything remotely close to "Somalis were enslaved" (as a group, and in the numbers characteristic of large scale slaving) and neither did I argue for the "Habashizing" of Somalis. If anything, the "Habashizing" of Somali history is precisely what I am resisting because it's something I've repeatedly encountered (like the claim that "Ethiopians" had a maritime trade).

Anyway I checked out of this thread a long time ago, hence all the gifs and BS.