Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Pew Research study: Most Muslims want sharia law

Odey   

xabad;944982 wrote:
Yeah, sodomizing little boys and sharia go hand in hand together. you believe those hypocrite taliban pakhtuns.

Waryaa, Kadaabyohow diinteena ha naga caayin!

Marksman   

I may not have a good understanding of Sharia. Can you guys help me out? My opinion that is formed over the years is that Sharia is detriment to development and an insult to humanity and dignity. I wish people would stop the romanticizing of this.

There is some things about sharia that I highly value, such as the care for environment, animals and a strong attitude against corruption.

If I am wrong please let me know. I'm trying to understand. Does sharia imply:

- Women are worth half of the man in court. (Which means statements of two women is equal to one man)

- Women receive half of the inheritance, men full.

- Death penalty for apostacy (THERE IS NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION. REALLY?)

- With rape cases, 4 witnisses (4 men, double women) are needed that had seen the act.

- Men can divorce their wives easily by saying a word (and in some countries even allowed by a text message).

Women filing for a divorce is more difficult.

Tallaabo   

Marksman;945210 wrote:
I may not have a good understanding of Sharia. Can you guys help me out? My opinion that is formed over the years is that Sharia is detriment to development and an insult to humanity and dignity. I wish people would stop the romanticizing of this.

There is some things about sharia that I highly value, such as the care for environment, animals and a strong attitude against corruption.

If I am wrong please let me know. I'm trying to understand. Does sharia imply:

- Women are worth half of the man in court. (Which means statements of two women is equal to one man)

- Women receive half of the inheritance, men full.

- Death penalty for apostacy (THERE IS NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION. REALLY?)

- With rape cases, 4 witnisses (4 men, double women) are needed that had seen the act.

- Men can divorce their wives easily by saying a word (and in some countries even allowed by a text message).

Women filing for a divorce is more difficult.

You are looking at the sharia through the lenses of the western Islamaphobes. And to understand the reduced share of women's inheritance and their role in the judicial system, you should first understand the patriarchal system in Muslim families and the economic system in a Islamic society. Unlike the non-Muslim societies, Islam places all the financial responsibilities in a family unit squarely on the shoulders of the husband. Also it is the husband who should pay out compensation to the wife if the marriage fails (provided it is the man's fault). If the breakdown of a marriage is the woman's fault, then she pays nothing. It is also men who should provide for their elderly parents and other needy relatives and pay take on other societal duties such as communal compensations etc. So you just can not take isolated bits from here and there and tell this is what the sharia says. The sharia law is a comprehensive legal system and should be taken as whole.

Just like rape cases, four witnesses are also required for murder and other crimes in order to proof guilt beyond doubt.

Tallaabo;945216 wrote:
You are looking at the sharia through the lenses of the western Islamaphobes. And to understand the reduced share of women's inheritance and their role in the judicial system, you should first understand the patriarchal system in Muslim families and the economic system in a Islamic society. Unlike the non-Muslim societies, Islam places all the financial responsibilities in a family unit squarely on the shoulders of the husband. Also it is the husband who should pay out compensation to the wife if the marriage fails (provided it is the man's fault). If the breakdown of a marriage is the woman's fault, then she pays nothing. It is also men who should provide for their elderly parents and other needy relatives and pay take on other societal duties such as communal compensations etc. So you just can not take isolated bits from here and there and tell this is what the sharia says. The sharia law is a comprehensive legal system and should be taken as whole.

Just like rape cases, four witnesses are also required for murder and other crimes in order to proof guilt beyond doubt.

You're forgetting to mention that the 4 witnesses is required to prove adultery, not rape.

To Marksman:

If you think it honest that you gain your critiques of Shariah Law on Anti-Islamic websites, and then try to pass them off as legitimate arguments--shows you are either slow-witted or you're deliberately dishonest. You just took something that has nothing to do with Islam and you tried to pass it off as fact.

Every single one of these arguments were posed on Anti-Islamic sites, and every single one of them were refuted numerous times. But you want to repeat the same tired arguments.

My suggestion is: If you don't understand something, it's best to consult the scholars instead of amateurs.