Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Puntland executes 13 terrorists.

Yunis   
;) @ Xiin & Waranle. It was one of those hard to resist opening in the article. Next time, Boowe yaasha should only stick with kuwa 'dhula dhabacsan'

Carafaat   

We need to develop a just, fair and proper justice system. Otherwise we might risk creating more unjust(xaqdaro) then justice(xaq) and this will in return lead to a more unjust society, which led to movements as Al Shabaab in the first place.

Tallaabo   

I hope a proper judicial process was followed and the accused were presented the full evidence of their crimes before they were executed. Alle ha u naxariisto dhamaantood.

Any entity in Somalia should be executing anyone. They simply don't have the capacity to investigate, indict and properly prosecute defendants.

AUN gidigood

xabad   

How do say that knowing their killed innocent people, so now when terrorists are given justice its cool to commiserate to with them. cajaaib !

xabad   

even if they are caught red handed in the act ??? so killers should be let go just like that, coz they are not investigated. what a funny concept :D

Coofle   

I think they are caught red handed with a LOT of evidence....proof is , I have read that most of them were native puntlanders , I was afraid they might be mostly Foreigners thus they will have unfair biased trial....

http://somalireal.com/?p=10041

Baashi   

JUSTICE is dear to me, and even though this particular event took place in a recovering area with weak and nascent institutions, and I will still defended it. I am sure the accused have not received the justice as we know it in the west where "beyond the reasonable doubt" is the high bar the prosecutor must clear before guilty verdict is returned.

That said, if they have admitted guilty without coercion then I guess justice has been served.

Ibtisam   

Somali evidence is normally just repeated asking and beating someone one up until they plead guilty! No other evidence, forensic or otherwise is collected. Therefore until we have the capacity to carry out a just investigation- it is premature and probably makes things worse!

RIP for all the dead!

galbeedi   

It is not easy to execute Somalis who have committed heinous crimes. If this are local puntlanders, then Abdirahman Faroole

and Puntland showed maturity and rule of law. you have to be tough on these Shabaab guys. At least they were brought

to court and convicted by a judge. Unlike Puntland the Shabaab kill and execute people without trail every day. Even in Somaliland

people are not executed for committing murders. An Italian doctor were killed in Borama, in Burco a british couple were

murdered and in berbera -Hargeisa road another foreigner was killed. Those who were arrested was latter released by

Siilaanyo. In fact one of them become the Governor of Awdal in 2010. you cannot execute local people , because their

families will not allow. I take my hats off to the P

^ no British couple were killed in Burao.Actually was in sheikh 10 yrs ago & they still in jail....haha everything politics!

Tallaabo   

^ Shame he could not manage to tell a good convincing lie against Somaliland. Just shows how ill-informed and amateur these forum politicians are;)

galbeedi   

Talaabo , tell me one single terrorist act committed in Somaliland were the culprits are executed. the british couple were

in sheekh high school which is near the city . how about Analina toneli in Borama. , those who killed wherein

jail for a while and latter released. how about the one Cawer Xareed, the guy who killed people in Dilla- Borama road.

he is in jail, no court, no judge. there are a lot of god things in Somaliland , but also we have to tell the disfunction of

the system. I know it is tough to hear the bad news.

When you have the capacity to keep them in jail for life, you don't have to kill them immediately. Even the US do not kill the leaders of Al-Qaedah when they fall in their hands, they just put them in jail for life.

It is all about the capacity to keep them in jail ..............